Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Seth Pecksniff posted:

We're in the process of getting more mods; please stand by

looks like mods on the menu boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

GBS has enough mods it needs a good total conversion and Steam Workshop support

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Seth Pecksniff posted:

We're in the process of getting more mods; please stand by

probed much? :grin:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bow you're loving head in the presence of the king, swine

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

So I don't have any dirt on the new mods, and also nothing against them, but I'm curious whether there were any talks about putting up the names of the new mods as a "we're considering x y z for the position, y/n/thoughts"? I think it would have felt nice to have that extra layer of interaction.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Space Kablooey posted:

So I don't have any dirt on the new mods, and also nothing against them, but I'm curious whether there were any talks about putting up the names of the new mods as a "we're considering x y z for the position, y/n/thoughts"? I think it would have felt nice to have that extra layer of interaction.

That kind of discussion usually happens in the SAD sub. Not saying it did, but I have definitely seen that discussion happening there

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Chewbecca posted:

That kind of discussion usually happens in the SAD sub. Not saying it did, but I have definitely seen that discussion happening there

Basically yeah, I think we're thinking of the same thread. I thought it was going to be tried going forward.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I figured they haven't gone the same route as they did with introducing possible new Admins because it's not as much of a risk? I'm not sure.
I was expecting some sort of thread with "here's Solefald, KC and Tarquinn as possible Mods. Opinions?" so I was a bit surprised when it didn't happen.

Obviously, if there are any concerns, then don't hesitate to speak to me privately or publicly, as criticism and feedback are always welcome! :3:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Solefald posted:

I figured they haven't gone the same route as they did with introducing possible new Admins because it's not as much of a risk? I'm not sure.
I was expecting some sort of thread with "here's Solefald, KC and Tarquinn as possible Mods. Opinions?" so I was a bit surprised when it didn't happen.

Obviously, if there are any concerns, then don't hesitate to speak to me privately or publicly, as criticism and feedback are always welcome! :3:

Like I said I don't have anything against the new mods, :3: but I was also expecting that possible mods thread.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Space Kablooey posted:

There was, but there was also a feeling like it should happen sooner than later. See:

Flowers for QAnon posted:

It took weeks to decide on giving the existing forum IKs the ability to do longer probes? Lol

There is also a line to walk in approaching people to be mods, because so many people decline the invitation. Hell, I vacillated for like a week before accepting. Had it happened in public I'm not certain I would have made the same decision, but I went straight from user to mod so it's not a 1:1 comparison.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Here's my feedback:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgFhc4RS_LU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Can't the steps be:

1) approach potential mods to be nominees
2) if they accept invitation, post thread seeking opinions on mod nominees. If they say no, seek other potential mods, until you find someone who will say yes

I mean, I don't personally care but this really isn't complicated in terms of process lol

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Chewbecca posted:

Can't the steps be:

1) approach potential mods to be nominees
2) if they accept invitation, post thread seeking opinions on mod nominees. If they say no, seek other potential mods, until you find someone who will say yes

I mean, I don't personally care but this really isn't complicated in terms of process lol

I'm still not fully awake, but I think that is kind of where we're heading. I feel bad I've been kind of absentee since late April and am just recently starting to be more present, so feel free to look askance at anything I say.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

they should be elected as poster representatives in forums parliament

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Mod selection in general should not be discussed in SAD because it’s not a forums-wide issue. There was some discussion about it in this thread, which is as it should be.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

can we do that thing where someone gets to hold out their thumb to build suspense before giving a thumbs up or down?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
who gives a rats rear end!!!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Space Kablooey posted:

There was some discussion but I was the one who made the call of having them instated without that, so that falls in me. It's not that I didn't want all y'all's input, it's mostly that they're a known quantity and I wasn't sure what a thread like that would add

However, we can do that going forward if it makes the forum feel like they have more input, because at the end of the day we all mod for you all and you should have input on what you want to see

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

There was some discussion but I was the one who made the call of having them instated without that, so that falls in me. It's not that I didn't want all y'all's input, it's mostly that they're a known quantity and I wasn't sure what a thread like that would add

However, we can do that going forward if it makes the forum feel like they have more input, because at the end of the day we all mod for you all and you should have input on what you want to see

I mean, I am pretty sure that the SAD thread method has been discussed and agreed tobon multiple occasions prior to this, but also

Quantum of Phallus posted:

who gives a rats rear end!!!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

It’s much better when mods make all of the decisions because that way everything that ever goes wrong is their fault. Zero self reflection required this way.

Oh, and also we don’t have to deal with people complaining and rules lawyering for next several months so that’s good. I mean, they’re gonna complain still but that’s why we all post here. :thumbsup:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

they should be elected as poster representatives in forums parliament

Yup
Can't help but compare my election campaign Ross Perot's 92 presidential campaign. He was an establishment outsider like myself but had enough of the popular vote that the career politicians on both sides got scared and enacted rules to prevent independents from possibly gaining a foothold in politics again. Remember when I was barred from campaigning in this thread? Same thing.

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 28, 2023

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Mods suxor to the maxor

:flipoff:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

Mods suxor to the maxor

:flipoff:

I keep wanting to joke that I'm Henry Kissinger IRL but just can't find a way to deliver it that seems satisfying. :(

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

kissinger my rear end

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I keep wanting to joke that I'm Henry Kissinger IRL but just can't find a way to deliver it that seems satisfying. :(
I'm looking for Amanda Hugandkissinger.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
Turn and face the strange

More incoming. :toot:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Can you plz perma the two latest Driftingmouse alts in the RLM thread plz and thanks

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can you plz perma the two latest Driftingmouse alts in the RLM thread plz and thanks

They're queued, we always queue it when he posts but need admins to approve.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

You'd think old mate would invest in a vpn if he is that hot and horny for posting here

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

They're queued, we always queue it when he posts but need admins to approve.

🫡

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
How many times can you request a chargeback from the same vendor before your credit card starts asking questions?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Generally chargebacks get your card cancelled pretty quickly, and if obtained through a bank your account may also get cancelled. It's a part of why so many sovereign citizens and first generation bitcoiners were unable to get bank accounts.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The onus for preventing chargebacks has shifted largely onto the merchant these days rather than the customer. Most banks have very customer-friendly chargeback policies, but whoever processes transactions charges a fine to the business every time it happens, and those fines can get pretty outrageous pretty quickly. If a customer regularly performs chargebacks at a specific merchant, the card processor sees it as the merchant's responsibility to stop processing transactions from that person in the first place, or to get better fraud prevention measures overall. This is also why the vast majority of legitimate online businesses are more than happy to process a refund for you with virtually no questions asked - it's better for them than getting hit by a chargeback.

(At least that's how the fintech companies I've worked for did it, I don't know poo poo about traditional banking and my experience is mostly surrounding ecommerce where maybe things are different)

e: As far as I know the thing that pisses banks/payment providers off now with their customers is Stop Payment orders rather than Chargebacks. A Chargeback is just a chargeback fee that the payment provider gets to charge to the merchant, but a Stop Payment requires the payment provider actually intervening to put a hold on an approved payment and they'll only let you get away with that a few times. (It's essentially just doing a chargeback before the charge settles in the first place)

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 1, 2023

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Holy Miley finally off my.. *checks notes* 13 hours at the dick sucking factory what a poo poo show of a day

Edit: wrong chat

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Wendigee posted:

Holy Miley finally off my.. *checks notes* 13 hours at the dick sucking factory what a poo poo show of a day

Edit: wrong chat

I'm gonna let this one slide Wendigee

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

I'm gonna let this one slide Wendigee

lol wuss

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol they actually made you an ik? LMAO

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Wendigee posted:

Lol they actually made you an ik? LMAO
Nah, they just made an IK simulator/busy box for him. When he clicks the probate button, it just puts that user on his ignore list for 6 hours so he *thinks* they're probed. Honestly a really elegant solution to the Smugworth problem.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Good to hear that Slugworth finally got his long-deserved IK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

Good to hear that Slugworth finally got his long-deserved IK

Lolol yes indeed