Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Control Volume posted:

I guess they fly at different heights, mine was well within ascend range. It was the one at the end of the labyrinth quest so the arena was a little constrained which might have made a difference to the AI?

the ceiling in those rooms is too low for them to get out of reach of ascend
also only the level 3 ones fly all the way up

bawk posted:

Drop a spring on the ground -> put a rocket on your shield -> jump on the spring and then rocket shield

It's how I've been dealing with Gleeoks when they hit that last third of their health bar. I can never seem to damage rush them fast enough :argh:

E: wait, no, that doesn't work does it. I need to go fight one tonight and double check what I've been doing

the way you reach gleeoks depends on their element
Fire and Lightning create updrafts for you to use
Ice drops icicles that you can Recall
King does a combination of all 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
New dupe method in 1.1.2

https://www.tiktok.com/@knightpohtaytoe/video/7239424725561117998

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The boys are back in town

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Before you go to this spot, i believe this spot is tied to some very late game story / main quest content to access.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Another dupe glitch, this one is for whole throwable weapons

https://www.tiktok.com/@fabiolinny/video/7239089600080235782

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Re: The Sages

Right now, I have Tulin, Yunobo, and Mineru. I was also disappointed that Mineru doesn't deal much damage, but as I thought about it more, it makes sense storywise that the Sages are more support characters for you.

Link is the Hero. The Sages' role is to support Link as he goes to take on the Demon King. I mentioned earlier, they do things like mob up on gloom hands to buy time for Link to do his thing. Tulin will snipe a Frox eye to let you hop on. Mineru isn't a damage dealer, she's there to give you a light in the Depths, carry you across lava/gloom, and distract the bad guys long enough for Link to be the hero. It would be less fun if Mineru were a full on battle mech.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
timecoded to a humorous way of bugging out lynel AI, just spawn some very specific blocks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSs5lpQvpN8&t=388s

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Just got a blood moon and was doing my usual round of underground miniboss visits to get another battery cell upgrade. I killed a Stalnox, ran a little bit away and turned around...and it was back? I mean, I'll take it, between that and a chest I found right afterwards I'm almost instantly 2/5 of the way to a second upgrade :homebrew:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Anyone remember a good spot in the depths to get a pristine claymore? I’ve been collecting spiky metal balls every blood moon and they seem to do best on claymores

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

if they do any updates or DLC for this game I would like to see some of the zonai devices from shrines made more available without having to smuggle them out
that and some actual decoration options for the house

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

When I realised the house was just going to be a poo poo stack of windowless green crates I stopped bothering with it.

Just let me buy one of the houses in Tarrey Town damnit.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Oh my god the Yiga armor lets you talk with them! There's a whole friendly yiga area where they nerd out over zonai vehicles!! You get to learn the cool ground punch!!! This is the best game ever made

I love these idiots, I'm so glad this game has so much good Yiga content

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Is there a solid totk wiki being built somewhere?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Augus posted:

the way you reach gleeoks depends on their element
Fire and Lightning create updrafts for you to use
Ice drops icicles that you can Recall
King does a combination of all 3

Does taking out individual heads help with them overlapping before you're able to get them all? Because I remember having one hell of a time with the one on the lake hylia bridge and the one in the coliseum, when you would get an updraft it would already be overlapping that with another attack.

I know I have some gizmo thing for big vertical movement using zonai devices but the fight I finished last night was at 1:30, so I don't remember what discount Revali's Gale I used. :v:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Can you redo the coliseums? Some would be really useful for farming specific monster parts

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Amppelix posted:

Oh my god the Yiga armor lets you talk with them! There's a whole friendly yiga area where they nerd out over zonai vehicles!! You get to learn the cool ground punch!!! This is the best game ever made

I love these idiots, I'm so glad this game has so much good Yiga content

Make sure you're finding the journals in their hideouts my favorites are the ones where they gave their vehicles ridiculous names like GLOOMDOOM MK III or some poo poo and the one where Yiga seemed to have died testing their vehicles which gave me Metroid Prime Space Pirate Science Team vibes.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Augus posted:

if they do any updates or DLC for this game I would like to see some of the zonai devices from shrines made more available without having to smuggle them out
that and some actual decoration options for the house

I would like to steal Kilton’s monster statues for my house.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Make sure you're finding the journals in their hideouts my favorites are the ones where they gave their vehicles ridiculous names like GLOOMDOOM MK III or some poo poo and the one where Yiga seemed to have died testing their vehicles which gave me Metroid Prime Space Pirate Science Team vibes.

Spoilers for the Yiga Hideout
if you chat up the yiga people in the hideout who are working on the vehicles, you can buy them off them and add them to your autobuild outside so you can use the GLOOMDOOM MK III yourself :allears:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

bawk posted:

if you chat up the yiga people in the hideout who are working on the vehicles, you can buy them off them and add them to your autobuild outside so you can use the GLOOMDOOM MK III yourself :allears:

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

COME SEE GLOOM DIGGER AND AEROCUDA WREX AT THE YIGA HIDEOUT FAIRGROUNDS

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

bawk posted:

You can also just add the missing part that's laying to the side of the vehicles that are in-progress. They yell at you to stop interfering with their work, but the completed thing gets added to your autobuild history for free.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Noticed an interesting detail when rewatching the intro(Dragon tears spoilers I guess): I was under the impression the stones were unique and destined for each Sage, like the Fire stone goes to the Goron, Wind to the Rito, ect. But they’re actually not. In the intro the stone from Rauru’s hand(the Light stone) comes off and Zelda picks it up and it turns into the Time stone. So the stones themselves just transform to suit their user, this is also shown in each Sage cutscene because the stone is white and generic until they pick it up. This also explains why Ganondorf can use his when it’s supposed to be Sonia’s(which is also the Time stone).
I guess this means anyone with powers could theoretically be a Sage. I wonder what would happen if Kohga got one…

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

LifeSunDeath posted:

timecoded to a humorous way of bugging out lynel AI, just spawn some very specific blocks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSs5lpQvpN8&t=388s

OMG

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Frankston posted:

When I realised the house was just going to be a poo poo stack of windowless green crates I stopped bothering with it.

Just let me buy one of the houses in Tarrey Town damnit.

The only reason I have a house is for weapon/bow/shield storage and convenient cooking/shrine access.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

RatHat posted:

Noticed an interesting detail when rewatching the intro(Dragon tears spoilers I guess): I was under the impression the stones were unique and destined for each Sage, like the Fire stone goes to the Goron, Wind to the Rito, ect. But they’re actually not. In the intro the stone from Rauru’s hand(the Light stone) comes off and Zelda picks it up and it turns into the Time stone. So the stones themselves just transform to suit their user, this is also shown in each Sage cutscene because the stone is white and generic until they pick it up. This also explains why Ganondorf can use his when it’s supposed to be Sonia’s(which is also the Time stone).
I guess this means anyone with powers could theoretically be a Sage. I wonder what would happen if Kohga got one…

I believe he would be the CREAM RIIIIIIIIISING TO THE TOP :pusheen:

I always get Pro Wrestler vibes from Khoga, like he's keeping Kayfabe when going round for round with Link

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Lmao i got the exact same vibe instantly from that journal (hell yeah I'm reading all of them at every yiga base)

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Beat the game. I don’t know if there’s any way to quantify what percentage of things you saw and did, but I’d wager I probably left 50% of the game’s content on the table despite still putting an absurd amount of time into it. It’s almost too big.

I liked it a lot more than BotW, but like that game, I think this is a one-time only affair. I don’t think I would ever have it in me to slog through the early parts and item crafting again.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the DLC should make a sheika and korok sage, spirit and forest respectively. And it should be Khoga and Hestu

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Asterite34 posted:

Man, Zelda really should have instituted an Endangered Species Act or something, Link's poaching is having a significant deleterious impact on the ecosystem

Why are there still so many fuckin wolves then? You'd think Darwinism would have had some effect on how they aggro on sight by now...

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Amppelix posted:

Lmao i got the exact same vibe instantly from that journal (hell yeah I'm reading all of them at every yiga base)

I stumbled on Kohga's second location from an entirely random direction and was like, wait, I should go back and see what the intended route here looked like, with the statues, and I'm very glad I did. The journals alone are great, and then there's all the schematics.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

If you've fought a II or III before you'll know they go too high up for Ascend.

Edit: It appears they all go to different heights, so this only applies to some!

Fake James fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 31, 2023

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Valentin posted:

I stumbled on Kohga's second location from an entirely random direction and was like, wait, I should go back and see what the intended route here looked like, with the statues, and I'm very glad I did. The journals alone are great, and then there's all the schematics.

Also fun note: He sees through the Yiga outfit, but if you wear it early enough in the questline, there's a few funny lines to be had where he briefly mistakes Link for an underling. I'm not sure if there's special dialogue for activating the Great Central Forge while in full Yiga garb.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzxgabpUBnM

you can press ZL to turn things upright in Ultrahand????

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yahtzee reviewed the game. Nothing surprising ("it's a good and competent game iterating on a proven formula, some parts are still annoying, don't pretend it's flawless because that leaves nowhere to go") but it did give the perfect image for puzzling:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Control Volume posted:

I guess they fly at different heights, mine was well within ascend range. It was the one at the end of the labyrinth quest so the arena was a little constrained which might have made a difference to the AI?

Augus posted:

Yeah, they get craftier with higher tiers, so you gotta adapt.

Steve Yun posted:

Anyone remember a good spot in the depths to get a pristine claymore? I’ve been collecting spiky metal balls every blood moon and they seem to do best on claymores

I think the spawn locations are generally geographical (Zora weapons in Zora depths, Gerudo in the desert and so on), but they enter the ghost guy loot pool if you break a decayed and unfused version, so find a claymore of each type, hit some trees and then just hope for the best.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just completed the (endgame dungeon spoiler)Spirit temple, is the only thing left to fight the final boss?

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

is there a point to (sidequest in the valley before gerudo) becoming a yiga blademaster aside from that it's very cool and you get half-off stuff at the hideout?

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

:goatsecx:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Doing its best shrine impression

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Valentin posted:

is there a point to (sidequest in the valley before gerudo) becoming a yiga blademaster aside from that it's very cool and you get half-off stuff at the hideout?

You can unlock the Earthwake technique (which can break rocks/boxes without using durability, though it takes several hits to do so) and the Lightning Helm, which gives full immunity to 90% of electric-based stuff and full immunity from the side effects of electricity, without needing to track down the rubber armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
https://twitter.com/orphetoon/status/1664023049476161545?s=46&t=2MnspoI9NgGFvr6vdS223w

Ending spoilers