Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Epic High Five posted:

Topaz is a shotgun of electricity and Sapphire will freeze almost everything on your screen, they're insanely powerful, it's just that a whole bunch of stuff is insanely powerful so they don't stand out. Until I got my armor up I always had a sapphire rod on me

Also you can just fuse electric/ice lizal fangs and other elemental monster bits to normal rear end weapons and get basically the same effect while also doing non-zero damage. Or fuse them to your shield and it'll apply the element when you parry the air. Ice-like stone shields are pretty fun.
Or use the shards off the backs of dragons, which you can collect like a dozen of each time you visit one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Also you can just fuse electric/ice lizal fangs and other elemental monster bits to normal rear end weapons and get basically the same effect while also doing non-zero damage. Or fuse them to your shield and it'll apply the element when you parry the air. Ice-like stone shields are pretty fun.
Or use the shards off the backs of dragons, which you can collect like a dozen of each time you visit one.

Too much thinking required for what is essentially an oh poo poo button. Pause time, grab rod, mash throw. Simple as.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
The TOTK Interactive map has been updated with the ability to look for certain foods/insects/items. You can also choose, for example, every max health food.

Enjoy

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/tears-of-the-kingdom-interactive-map/

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Sydin posted:

Does the Hylian Shield respawn at the original location with each Blood Moon or is it a Poes thing?
I'm not sure if you need to do the Hateno questline or not in order for her to sell it, but you can buy it from Cece for 3k rupies

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also I've given it some thought and especially after doing all the hardest challenges and bosses in the leadup to wrapping the game up this evening, I can confidently say that the overall most useful and overpowered item in the game is: keese eyeballs

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

jackofarcades posted:

The TOTK Interactive map has been updated with the ability to look for certain foods/insects/items. You can also choose, for example, every max health food.

Enjoy

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/tears-of-the-kingdom-interactive-map/

If this is correct then Stealthfin trout spawn in literally 1 tiny random corner of a specific lake. No wonder I’ve never found one.

EDIT: Seems like it’s not quite correct, they can spawn all around the edges of the Deku forest lake. Still quite rare though, and you need 30 to fully upgrade the stealth suit…

RatHat fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 1, 2023

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Now that I have a a plot of farmland I’m using a hearty radish I wonder what the output will be. She said it’s harder for her but if it yields more than 5 that’s a good option for people who need them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

sonatinas posted:

Now that I have a a plot of farmland I’m using a hearty radish I wonder what the output will be. She said it’s harder for her but if it yields more than 5 that’s a good option for people who need them.

It yields only 2 at a time sadly. Big hearty radishes also yield 2 so there’s not much reason to farm the small one.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

This is a farming sim too? :aaaaa:

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

RatHat posted:

If this is correct then Stealthfin trout spawn in literally 1 tiny random corner of a specific lake. No wonder I’ve never found one.

EDIT: Seems like it’s not quite correct, they can spawn all around the edges of the Deku forest lake. Still quite rare though, and you need 30 to fully upgrade the stealth suit…

this was the case in the last one, you had to just swim all around mekar lake to find them

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Potassium Problems posted:

I'm not sure if you need to do the Hateno questline or not in order for her to sell it, but you can buy it from Cece for 3k rupies

Ah okay that works, thanks.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

The worst ones are where the prize is a magic rod. Is there even a use for those? They just feel like they're so weak to take up a slot when I constantly have any number of elemental items to pull out from my inventory, am I missing something?

I always tossed the rods and wands and staffs. I did see a clip today showing ice blasts were a pretty good tool for knocking crap like lizards and such off cave roofs. Haven't tried it myself yet and figure any ice weapon will do it just the same more or less. My real problem with rods is they usually crap as a weapon and it was too easy to start bopping with it before remembering to switch... and I'm just going to have to switch I might as well make my good weapon elemental or just chuck an elemental fruit grenade, over hogging a weapon slot for some party trick.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Once you finish the Mayor of Hateno questline, Cece fills in the role the Grante did back in BoTW; a vendor for any one of a kind armor or shields that you found, but then accidentally sold or dropped or whatever.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 1, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
give me
the mushroom
outfit please
or i will rate
the game a 0

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Having a maddening time trying to deal with Mr Hands.

Found a gloom hand monster on the way up to the Spring Of Wisdom. Sort of used a nearby Ice Like to help freeze it and take it out but Phantom Ganon is doing too much damage for me to handle even with items etc. For a minute there I thought that shooting Brightseed fuse arrows at the gloom hands kept them from moving towards me, but I think now maybe it was getting caught on terrain. I don’t know. Phantom G is just too strong for me

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Once you finish the Mayor of Hateno questline, Cece fills in the role the Grante did back in BoT; a vendor for any one of a kind armor or shields that you found, but then accidentally sold or dropped or whatever.

The Poe statues do this for Amiibo weapons too

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Found a gloom hand monster on the way up to the Spring Of Wisdom. Sort of used a nearby Ice Like to help freeze it and take it out but Phantom Ganon is doing too much damage for me to handle even with items etc. For a minute there I thought that shooting Brightseed fuse arrows at the gloom hands kept them from moving towards me, but I think now maybe it was getting caught on terrain. I don’t know. Phantom G is just too strong for me

Phantom G needs to be fought carefully but in a way that keeps up the pressure on him. The gloom he spreads retreats when he takes damage, so you need to hit him regularly. His attacks are strong but he only has a few attack patterns, so if you learn those you can get a good rhythm going of dodge-then-punish and land hits often enough to keep his gloom pool small.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Pirate Radar posted:

Phantom G needs to be fought carefully but in a way that keeps up the pressure on him. The gloom he spreads retreats when he takes damage, so you need to hit him regularly. His attacks are strong but he only has a few attack patterns, so if you learn those you can get a good rhythm going of dodge-then-punish and land hits often enough to keep his gloom pool small.

I just do it by backing up and spamming flurry rush. He has a pretty small moveset with highly telegraphed moves. Though it gets easier or harder depending on which weapon type Big G is holding.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
The worst change in TOTK is they don’t play the KO bell when you unlock a murder chest.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I misunderstood where the Yiga hideout was in BOTW and thought it was where the big chasm is in the Desert.

Nice little place to visit in TOTK

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
So does Link end up with his one true love at the end?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Before the fight, use some Dark Clumps (trade a handful of poes to a beggar statue) to get some food that adds Gloom Resistance, which will help with getting up-close during the fight, and using multiple Sundelions in food will increase how many hearts of Gloom damage it heals, useful if you don't have a multi-shot bow to make the fight against the hands easier. 3 Sundelions + 2 neutral food items can heal 9 hearts of Gloom, 11 if it's a critical.

I also had a better time by fusing the strongest one-handed weapon to the highest-damage monster part had, and then adding something extra-sturdy to the shield to help block the hits, although that's entirely dependent on the shield you have. If you can manage to get through part of a Labyrinth, they tend to have very good equipment laying around that will power you up so you can take him toe-to-toe. I was hauling around a 50 shield with a strong one-handed zonaite sword with a captain horn attached to it.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Outpost22 posted:

So does Link end up with his one true love at the end?

Yeah you can reunite him with The Master Sword pretty early if you pursue the right leads.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

As far as I can tell, the respawning rules for items are as follows:

Was it in a chest? Doesn't respawn.
Did an NPC give it to you? Can repeat in some cases.
Did you pick it up out in the open? Respawns eventually while the area is unloaded.
Was it attached to an enemy? Respawns with the blood moon when the enemy is respawned.

Am I missing anything?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Just Andi Now posted:

As far as I can tell, the respawning rules for items are as follows:

Was it in a chest? Doesn't respawn.
Did an NPC give it to you? Can repeat in some cases.
Did you pick it up out in the open? Respawns eventually while the area is unloaded.
Was it attached to an enemy? Respawns with the blood moon when the enemy is respawned.

Am I missing anything?

Weapons and Shields that are lying on the ground or whatever also respawn after a Bloodmoon, including Pristine Weapons in the Depths (although I think what exactly the Ghost Knight is holding is randomized? It seems to change every time I revist a spot)

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Weapons and Shields that are lying on the ground or whatever also respawn after a Bloodmoon, including Pristine Weapons in the Depths (although I think what exactly the Ghost Knight is holding is randomized? It seems to change every time I revist a spot)

Ghost Knight spawns seem to default to a traveler tier item before you unlock whatever it should have. Maybe it's that?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I think my favorite fight in the whole game so far has to be against the Frox.

So many enemies will damage the poo poo out of you when it goes to get rid of you, but he just sorta helpfully launches you into the air directly above him. He might think it's so he can easily eat you, but in reality it gives me a perfect slow-mo shot at his eyeball so I can go back to giving him acupuncture

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Adding elements to your swing is not at all the same effect as spamming bouncy balls that go off on wildly unpredicable trajectories as soon as they touch any geometry. Or big wide freezing blasts for sapphires.

monster parts are probably objectively the best elemental weapon upgrades because they also let weapons serve as weapons, but rods and zonai devices have more fun effects, and that should not be discounted

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Roach Warehouse posted:

Yeah you can reunite him with The Master Sword pretty early if you pursue the right leads.

drat. The only leads I've gotten for it are two separate dudes at stables saying it's in a forest somewhere in the world. thanks guys really narrows things down
ok well one of them was talking about the master gourd

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Adding elements to your swing is not at all the same effect as spamming bouncy balls that go off on wildly unpredicable trajectories as soon as they touch any geometry. Or big wide freezing blasts for sapphires.

monster parts are probably objectively the best elemental weapon upgrades because they also let weapons serve as weapons, but rods and zonai devices have more fun effects, and that should not be discounted

Opals make Zora's Domain a lot easier to traverse. Hydrants may be the intended solution, but the bounciness of the magic projectiles make it a lot easier to play Legend of Zelda Sunshine.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I just today learned from watching a YouTube video that it’s even possible to Ultrahand the core cube on the Flux IIIs. I couldn’t get it first try and just assumed the point of their gimmick was that you couldn’t do that to them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pirate Radar posted:

I just today learned from watching a YouTube video that it’s even possible to Ultrahand the core cube on the Flux IIIs. I couldn’t get it first try and just assumed the point of their gimmick was that you couldn’t do that to them.

Yup, grab and start shaking like you're playing Mischief Makers.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Yeah, that works for the others just fine, I just thought the IIIs would always swap it out of your grasp before you could yank it out.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pirate Radar posted:

Yeah, that works for the others just fine, I just thought the IIIs would always swap it out of your grasp before you could yank it out.

Nah, if you grab it you lock on and follow even as it switches.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/abbymaryyye/status/1663377083912032261?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is the Master Gourd a real thing you can find or is it just a joke about the guy mishearing "Master Sword"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_gGXPs_Ibw

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Argue posted:

Is the Master Gourd a real thing you can find or is it just a joke about the guy mishearing "Master Sword"

I am like 80% sure it's just a joke about the guy mishearing, but I'm not putting anything past this game.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

drat. The only leads I've gotten for it are two separate dudes at stables saying it's in a forest somewhere in the world. thanks guys really narrows things down
ok well one of them was talking about the master gourd

What forest usually has the Master Sword in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's in a cave with the Triumph Forks