Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
if you like bossing and are playing in trade, invitation farming tends to turn a fairly consistent and decent profit, and buying guardian maps and invitations in bulk really isn't any more annoying than buying scarabs and sextants in bulk. if you're not willing to do that, sextanted gilded metamorph scarabs on city square are shockingly profitable in large part because pure zoom builds have difficulty with exodia metamorphs. slow builds can absolutely make you money in trade, you just have to seek out the niches that fast builds can't handle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Imagine playing trade
lol
lmao

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

anything in poe that generates good profit is innately temporary. you're just one youtuber making a video on it away from it's margins going to poo poo or even becoming actively unprofitable. as such anything you're doing to rapidly make money you basically need to maximally exploit as soon as possible before the niche is collapsed.

doing Legion was so dang comfy and profitable for the first part of this league because everyone had it in their heads it sucked rear end, then I think it was Tripolar Bear started farming white map Legion on CF champ and suddenly every recommended video in my youtube feed was the big content creators with their "Legion is ACTUALLY *good* guys!!" "earn TEN DIV AN HOUR in Legion" bullshit and it wasn't so cool and fun anymore. this is why all the trade players who want to Win harder should be zooming through maps as fast as humanly possible, so you can exploit the tiny rear end window that exists where the boring thing you're doing that nobody likes is actually profitable

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I'm having fun with Legion. I met a weirdo riding a dinosaur that lasso-ed me and a strange woman who spent the entire fight straddling a snake head or some poo poo. It was real weird. Oh and when the dino died, the weirdo did a graceful backflip waaaay up into the air and I was smart enough to gtfo before they landed.

I am starting to *really* hate buying currency. Impossible to tell who is actually selling currency and who's attempting market fuckery. I hate it.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Order of operations is cool an all but if you're gonna be a real poe expert you're gonna have to learn the lore. Sorry you had to learn it from me. The pdf isn't 500 pages yet though so you're in luck.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So when do we tell Frank about the Dyadic Resonators?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lots of people ITT wanting to simulate Diablo 2 boss runs where they barely register as having/had a health bar because they die so quickly and full of fun

Aye Doc posted:

doing Legion was so dang comfy and profitable for the first part of this league because everyone had it in their heads it sucked rear end, then I think it was Tripolar Bear started farming white map Legion on CF champ and suddenly every recommended video in my youtube feed was the big content creators with their "Legion is ACTUALLY *good* guys!!" "earn TEN DIV AN HOUR in Legion" bullshit and it wasn't so cool and fun anymore. this is why all the trade players who want to Win harder should be zooming through maps as fast as humanly possible, so you can exploit the tiny rear end window that exists where the boring thing you're doing that nobody likes is actually profitable

With the invention of 11ai and chatgpt, i think we can make a video for each league and explain why each <LEAGUE NAME HERE> is worth value which everyone does anyway

I think 11ai script with the voice of JK Rowling would be some easy listening :beerpal:

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 1, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

So when do we tell Frank about the Dyadic Resonators?

I have a few primitive resonators but I have no idea what they do

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
frank has never even krangled an item lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

frank has never even krangled an item lol

You people are just making up words now :colbert:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

anything in poe that generates good profit is innately temporary. you're just one youtuber making a video on it away from it's margins going to poo poo or even becoming actively unprofitable. as such anything you're doing to rapidly make money you basically need to maximally exploit as soon as possible before the niche is collapsed.

there's always stuff you can do in poe that is insulated from the whims of the market, but none of the high-margin stuff is that insulated.

that said I get the criticism and boss drops being balanced around the people running 40 bosses/hour does just feel bad if you are only running one or two here or there (or are playing in ssf where it's 1500+ maps on average to get an ashes or omni, etc.). CoD bossing was the worst of all worlds and was the single stupidest thing ggg has allowed in the game in the entire time I've been playing.

The old adage of 'during a gold rush, sell shovels' applies pretty well to PoE. If you want to make good money, farm the things that everyone needs for other more involved strats or crafting. Scarabs, sextants, harvest juice, beasts etc all sell well and reliably. It ain't gonna make you 5+ div an hour (which is BS anyway, streamers never factor in prep OR selling time and set Exilence to value every single item that dropped most of the time), but you'll get there.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Frank Frank posted:

You people are just making up words now :colbert:

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

there's always stuff you can do in poe that is insulated from the whims of the market, but none of the high-margin stuff is that insulated.

that said I get the criticism and boss drops being balanced around the people running 40 bosses/hour does just feel bad if you are only running one or two here or there (or are playing in ssf where it's 1500+ maps on average to get an ashes or omni, etc.). CoD bossing was the worst of all worlds and was the single stupidest thing ggg has allowed in the game in the entire time I've been playing.

heist is immune from a fancy streamer video. insulated from the market, by sheer boring gameplay mechanics.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

This is nonsense and I am not falling for it

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
They did canonically add krangling in one of the recent leagues.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Frank Frank posted:

Ignore bigass thundercubes at your own peril :colbert:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
thundercubes are super rippy lol

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Vulpes posted:

5+ div an hour (which is BS anyway, streamers never factor in prep OR selling time and set Exilence to value every single item that dropped most of the time)

metamorph/essence/harbinger was just barely shy of 5/hour for me this league valuing only the expensive catalysts, raw currency, essences, azurite, and invitations. this was when harby sextants were 30c instead of 50c though, which i guess proves the point about the economy moving around you.

imo the reason streamer div/hour counts are unrealistically high is more just that they play the game with methamphetic speed and focus, while the rest of us chat in global or watch youtube on a second monitor or take breaks or whatever

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Geez I'd kill for 5div an hour. I'm lucky if I make that in a week - although I've made more than that selling stuff but that depends on who's buying. I've swapped out all of my support gems for awakened versions now except for unleash which is like 8-10div. Lost a bunch of xp today and not super happy about it. Back at 51% to 98 again.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

thundercubes are super rippy lol

Y'all gotta admit that stacking the thundercubes in archnem was tight though. They got big as hell

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Geez I'd kill for 5div an hour. I'm lucky if I make that in a week - although I've made more than that selling stuff but that depends on who's buying. I've swapped out all of my support gems for awakened versions now except for unleash which is like 8-10div. Lost a bunch of xp today and not super happy about it. Back at 51% to 98 again.

idk how far you plan on taking this league, but you're already way ahead of most folks in game knowledge for a first-timer, at least as far as builds/character mechanics go (still wayyyyy more that you haven't even touched yet though)

Money making strats are a whole new thing. There's guides for those also, but they can be of even more dubious quality since the economy can change so much inter and intra-league. But at the end of the day, that's the secret to making big currency. There's a variety of investment levels, but you'll almost always make more money focusing and optimizing a specific strat vs. dabbling in a little bit of everything. The good news is setting up for these strats is way less time-consuming than setting up your character, and you can swap around relatively frequently without it being too punishing.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I would add to this that the console economy shifts drastically overnight because market manipulation is much easier. Inflation also seems to be a serious problem and there are definitely 1 or 2 idiots loving up the entire currency market .

I’m gonna keep going in this league until it’s over. Gonna hit 98, then work on grinding bosses and challenges.

As for mechanics, I’m taking them one at a time until I get how they work and then I’m moving on. Doing abyss and legion right now although I’ve poked at the Alva/pyramid thing a little bit.

Still have Delve, Blight and Metamorph to mess with. Oh also crucible although I think I understand most of that.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 1, 2023

J
Jun 10, 2001

I have no clue how the currency market works on console but ideally you want to be selling your currency rather than trying to message a ton of people to buy their currency. Sell your chaos by pricing it in the currency you want, rather than messaging people trying to buy their currency for your chaos.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

J posted:

I have no clue how the currency market works on console but ideally you want to be selling your currency rather than trying to message a ton of people to buy their currency. Sell your chaos by pricing it in the currency you want, rather than messaging people trying to buy their currency for your chaos.

Haven’t had much luck with that and this is only ever a problem when I want to buy div.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Remember when you used to have competing elder and shaper influence on maps?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Benson Cunningham posted:

Um....gently caress you for reminding me of that

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Frank Frank posted:

That was from an April Fool's Day post from ggg making fun of how cryptic some of the terms the game uses are.

I do have to tell you though that krangled is an actual term people use because back in the league where tainted currency came from you were able to add unique modifiers to corrupted equipment and that was the term players used for adding those mods to the items.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Uh, it wasn't from GGG.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/g1ksx2/what_returning_after_a_few_years_feels_like/

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Also harvest. I haven’t really touched harvest either because it’s boring

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Benson Cunningham posted:

if i hadn't experienced this i would call this less believable than the dyadic resonator

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I both do and don't miss the days where you couldn't just chain run hundreds of optimized Crimson Temples.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Frank Frank posted:

One mob today dropped almost a div in maps.

Come to PC, let us teach you the ways.

I've run about 160 juiced crimson temples so far and my drops are:
7 years: 4
Divine: 17 (1)
Ex: 14
Enlightened: 6
Apothecary: 1 (3:27 am 5/28)
Dragon's Heart: 4

The apothecary was VERY lucky. Also a divine altar (17).

According to mapwatch I've spent about 18 hours in maps. I know I started with just under 10d, 300 sextants, and a hundred or two chaos.

I'm currently at, I think, 40d, an apothecary, 400 sextants, 2000 chaos or so, not counting whatever else I have actually spent on my character and value in compasses, div cards, scarabs, orbs, maps, etc. other poo poo I haven't bothered selling yet.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 1, 2023

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Exarch altars are also stupid profitable given how inflated awakened sextants are. You can walk out with 1/2-1div worth of sextants every few maps pretty easily, and then throw in harvest juice and misc currency etc, if you're mapping quickly you can easily do multiple div per hour.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I had a div drop on beach yesterday - hooray.

Issue with crimson temple is that it caps out at 15 for me because I only have 2 voidstones which I assume is no good. I will give that a whirl once I get my hands on another.
Also lol that I had 3-4 of those voidborn keys drop in the space of like 5 days and haven't seen one since. If I got one at this point, I'd probably just use it.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 1, 2023

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

Papercut posted:

Exarch altars are also stupid profitable given how inflated awakened sextants are. You can walk out with 1/2-1div worth of sextants every few maps pretty easily, and then throw in harvest juice and misc currency etc, if you're mapping quickly you can easily do multiple div per hour.

This is my first season actually doing T16 maps so I am green as hell. I currently have a harvest/eater atlas build and think I want to switch over to exarch for less RNG when it comes to currency generation. You have an atlas build I can look at that has harvest/exarch so I can respec? Thanks!

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
What ELSE do you want to do other than altars? Because altars are a very small part of the atlas.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Akiosan posted:

This is my first season actually doing T16 maps so I am green as hell. I currently have a harvest/eater atlas build and think I want to switch over to exarch for less RNG when it comes to currency generation. You have an atlas build I can look at that has harvest/exarch so I can respec? Thanks!

Also fairly new to the game, started in Archnemesis, but I've been doing exarch, harvest, shrines, essence based on some tree I found on youtube. And then there are some points left you can add where you'd like. I don't have the top exarch nodes allocated but maybe I should?

https://poeplanner.com/atlas-tree/B...AMDAAAAAAAAAAAA

edit no strong box: https://poeplanner.com/atlas-tree/B...wAAAAAAAAAAAA==

Oh and I use the backlog of Niko kirac missions I have with Packed with Energy

Dum Cumpster fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 1, 2023

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

It's odd that you have the currency + div card dupe Strongbox reward nods and nothing else in Strongbox (Twice Tempted is right there dude).

If you're just focusing on altars only The Light of Dawn makes some sense to grab from that top wheel. Baptised by Fire helps if you're farming invites and obviously Thirst for Knowledge is if you're giga-chad, while the small nodes are just poo poo.

If you're going the route of investing into forcing mechanics onto your maps with Scarabs/Sextants/Kirac, I'd grab Stream of Consciousness as well.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

whypick1 posted:

It's odd that you have the currency + div card dupe Strongbox reward nods and nothing else in Strongbox (Twice Tempted is right there dude).

If you're just focusing on altars only The Light of Dawn makes some sense to grab from that top wheel. Baptised by Fire helps if you're farming invites and obviously Thirst for Knowledge is if you're giga-chad, while the small nodes are just poo poo.

If you're going the route of investing into forcing mechanics onto your maps with Scarabs/Sextants/Kirac, I'd grab Stream of Consciousness as well.

I used some open tab I had with a different atlas and missed removing those strongbox nodes.

I'll try adding the top nodes and see how I like that. Can you use Growing Hordes and Stream of Consciousness together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
No, you cannot use them together.

So here's a couple things to consider:
Shrines don't really give you anything other than more mobs. You're not juicing content that scales with just "more mobs", i.e. farming crimson temple, juicing delirium, etc. It makes your maps a little easier but it's not really worth it, especially when you're missing points.

If you're scaling pack size, expedition scales very well with pack size while essences literally do not scale with pack size at ALL. You're also not taking the node that literally triples your essence income (Amplified Energies) so I don't know what you're thinking there. That node is THE reason to do essences.

If you're going to packsize juicing with exarch, I suggest something like this:

https://poeplanner.com/atlas-tree/B...wMAAAAAAAAAAAA=