Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Having hosed around with the Tremor team I think it actually feels pretty good? Between Don, Ishmael, and Rodion you can stack pretty absurd amounts of Tremor count and stagger things pretty early.

Though I gotta say, you probably just wanna run N Faust instead of Sinclair. With the changes to sanity, being able to quickly ramp up to 45 sanity is more important than ever and Faust is really, really good at ramping SP up and keeping it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Wait they did? loving gently caress

Okay, I've checked out and there's 0 mention of that on the usual places, not even the Steam forums and god knows the Steam forums will complain about that.

RandomReader, where you talking about a month ago? Because they never added the anticheat in the end. Unless they just did now.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Okay, I've checked out and there's 0 mention of that on the usual places, not even the Steam forums and god knows the Steam forums will complain about that.

RandomReader, where you talking about a month ago? Because they never added the anticheat in the end. Unless they just did now.

They did not, no clue why RandomReader was assuming they had. No news of it ever returning even as a theoretical.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ariamaki posted:

They did not, no clue why RandomReader was assuming they had. No news of it ever returning even as a theoretical.

Thanks for the confirmation. I assume RR hasn't used the Steam version for at least a while and was curiois if they added the anti cheat.

On better news, 3 10 rolls gave me both Rose identities, and the rollover gave me 1200+ thread to prepare for tier IV upties. Good compensation fir not being able to do the plot due to the Android bug :v: (Can't play on PC due to work. Jopefully it gets foxed since I also won't have PC this weekend.)

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Thanks for the confirmation. I assume RR hasn't used the Steam version for at least a while and was curiois if they added the anti cheat.

On better news, 3 10 rolls gave me both Rose identities, and the rollover gave me 1200+ thread to prepare for tier IV upties. Good compensation fir not being able to do the plot due to the Android bug :v: (Can't play on PC due to work. Jopefully it gets foxed since I also won't have PC this weekend.)

Android bug seems to be fixed if you update in the Play store again and then reopen, I was actually able to get through dailies this time.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Lots of typos in this update, I've noticed.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Einander posted:

Android bug seems to be fixed if you update in the Play store again and then reopen, I was actually able to get through dailies this time.

I skipped dailies but also already converted to modules so gotta wait until this evening to play :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Arzaac posted:

Having hosed around with the Tremor team I think it actually feels pretty good? Between Don, Ishmael, and Rodion you can stack pretty absurd amounts of Tremor count and stagger things pretty early.

Though I gotta say, you probably just wanna run N Faust instead of Sinclair. With the changes to sanity, being able to quickly ramp up to 45 sanity is more important than ever and Faust is really, really good at ramping SP up and keeping it there.
Rushing an early Fluid Sac is incredibly powerful in the post sanity nerf world, I find.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Arzaac posted:

yeah this is really vindicating my "just run n faust regardless of the rest of the team" stance, she and g gregor are just mainstays of pretty much anything else you want to do

(bonus: g gregor likes tremor)

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
After playing some more, it seems like it's not aoes that are bugged, but specific enemies. Specifically the new robot enemies seem to count as abnormalities for AOE targeting despite otherwise using human battle mechanics.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Cirina posted:

After playing some more, it seems like it's not aoes that are bugged, but specific enemies. Specifically the new robot enemies seem to count as abnormalities for AOE targeting despite otherwise using human battle mechanics.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is a side-effect of their passive that makes sure they are stably at 0 Sanity: They might have copy-pasted that from abno code.

SPEAKING of Sanity: Project Moon apparently felt like the new changes were an overreach and landed somewhere too hard / unbalanced for their intentions, so next week we're getting YET ANOTHER update. It's a much smaller and smoother one though: Instead of 5 + 20% per clash bounce it's 5 + a flat 1 per bounce after the first, 10 SAN per kill guaranteed, 5 SAN for staggering enemies, and then small massaging to the rest of the numbers. So it'll be slower to gain than last week but much better than right now.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Shame. I actually kinda liked Sanity gain not being trivial.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

126/200, oh vey what have i done I don't even want this identity that much

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
125/200 for me, before I finally got Rose Rodya. On the other hand, I also rolled 4 out of 5 EGOs I have been missing, so I can't say I'm complaining that much...:v:

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

They changed their mind, instead of tweaking the new sanity mechanics it sounds like they're just going to do a full rollback to the old system

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1664232429975121925

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Shame, I liked it.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
It really feels like they need to implement some kind of new core mechanic to give them more room to play around with; the system is just so simple as-is that they seem to be getting confined by it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its a difficult situation because if you change the sanity mechanics too much you drastically nerf n-corp sinclair, a character people spent money on

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The big issue is that Sanity being the result of a coinflip means that it's too easy to snowball: if you get unlucky your sanity going down means it's much harder to start rolling well, and if you get lucky you end up steamrolling and ignoring the mechanic.

For this system to work there really needs to be more ways to control sanity than 2 passives and N Faust and enemies should lower your sanity mote often so it's more of a resource to control.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

idk, have people felt that sanity trivialized the "hard" (so far that's only really been Railway, maybe Sinclair's Story Dungeon) content? because that's the only place where it matters

in the context of a game that has a daily grind hamster-wheel design I don't want story/grind content to require too much from me :shrug:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KazigluBey posted:

idk, have people felt that sanity trivialized the "hard" (so far that's only really been Railway, maybe Sinclair's Story Dungeon) content? because that's the only place where it matters

in the context of a game that has a daily grind hamster-wheel design I don't want story/grind content to require too much from me :shrug:

the sanity changes didn't really change much for the day-to-day grinding from what little I experienced

maybe N Sin would explode earlier but he also hit full power faster so it ended up about the same

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
I feel like there's room to make Sanity spike slower than this, but the version they reverted felt weird. I'm just hoping they attempt to find a midpoint in a future patch.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

KazigluBey posted:

I would say the issue is more that there are very few meaningful ways to interact with sanity, so if you start winning early you win more and that's the extent of it. I have never once, even with railway, had a situation where I think "well I could make this play for more damage but it's going to be risky on the sanity front so maybe I should make this other play instead". I don't know that this is even fixable with a combat system as simple as what we've got here, but it's sad to see them give up on experimenting with it so quickly.

Sort of a separate issue that everything in the world would be better if they finished ripping out the daily grind stuff and just accepted an FFXIV-style world where we only come back when new content releases, and that's OK.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Making sanity gain harder makes using EGO aside the basic one much less appealing because you’re not getting that coin flip power back.

Unless you’re Nclair, then you spam it like hell.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Knowing PM they'll be back to loving with this in an update or two. The KR fanbase is kinda... infamously.. resistant to changes, and the changes they suggested with changing the numbers seemed like a really good middle ground. The first draft of the new system is just way too punishing.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
It made Nclair way too powerful compared to everyone else tbh.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

BTW, to remind everyone, the level 35 cap is already implemented. Don't forget to level your identities for easier dailies more power!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

It also takes 25 gold tickets to go from 30 to 35, so uh have fun with that if you haven't hoarded a billion of them

Going through the story now. A potentially terrifying new enemy type in Robots! Their sanity is fixed at 0, they take 40%+ less bleed damage and don't stagger easily but are more vulnerable to Tremor and Rupture. Don't bring N Sinclair to fight the drones, he will corrode in like 2 turns and drown your team in boiling soup.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 1, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

I dream of a World where you have to take things such as Sinner resistances (so that you can actually take a hit if your clash doesn't work out) and multi-coin clash reliability into account instead of our current one where you just have to look at the Biggest Number Your Skill Can Get And Then Assume You Get It 100% Of The Time And Whine If It Doesn't Work.

Truly the most isang of Worlds.

Alas :v:

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Honestly yeah, I liked the SP changes. It made Grip Faust and Grip Sinclair notably stronger and made EGOs kind of garbage, which they probably do need to think through somehow, but the actual flow of the stages felt much scrappier turn to turn. I played through 4-20 and managed first time EXes just fine before the hotfix, but it felt much closer rather than just mashing auto and blowing through the rest of the chapter this morning in ~7 turns max.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

the problem was it turns sanity into even more of a coin flip and the stuff like not getting bonuses for killing enemies of the same or higher level was dumb as hell.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I dunno what to tell you, it really felt fine for me. You ended up with the launch max heads% after a round or two, then could claw your way up to the current heads% meta by like turn 4 or 5 unless you're running bad clashers. The current system is much faster to get you there, but you ended up heading positive with both outside Grip Sinclair and things like R Ish's passive firing off.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Thing is, flipping coins is what we're doing. Isn't the whole conceit that it could go either way? Like, it should be on us to build our teams around that constraint.

Having +45 Sanity give you 95% Heads odds is fine as long as it's not trivial to get there, so I feel PM was on the right track in trying to wean us from the presumption that +45 Sanity is where we should be at all times.

Legend of Ruina
Sep 29, 2021

PlasticAutomaton posted:

the problem was it turns sanity into even more of a coin flip and the stuff like not getting bonuses for killing enemies of the same or higher level was dumb as hell.
Honestly I dislike the level based sanity mechanics, because it feels weird to get more sanity if you’re lower level. The one unit I’ve bothered to max level thus far is N Sinclair, because he gets way too happy otherwise.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

WHat I really want from a game that includes a big dose of daily grinding: for that grinding to require that I pay enough attention to become distracted from what I have running on my second screen.

Like, idk, I DO think anything that messes with the triviality of the daily grind by way of demanding more from you is, well, bad. The day something in line with the amount of attention that the spicy boogy fight demanded creeps into the dailies is the day I stop playing, and I wager that's true for a lot of other players as well.

Sanity is unfortunately a mechanic that has relevance at all levels of content difficulty so I'm not sure there's a way to make it more satisfying where it matters, in non-grind content, without making it have a dragging effect in content where, frankly, it shouldn't. It's inherently a win-more system (excepting your negative coin IDs) so I understand needing to be careful with it, but... We haven't even seen what MD2 is like, and since people have already math'd out that it will be the ~optimal way to spend your energy I'm not sure, uhh, it should be that out there.

But as people have said, PM likes to fiddle with core systems and who knows, maybe they'll find a happy medium position that leaves everyone pleased, I'd love to see that.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
Speaking of chapter 4 spoilers...

We've finally seen how Shi Fixers perform during assassination missions.

Also, on a less spoilerific note, Mirror Dungeons and the Refraction Railways are canon.

Though the CONTEXT in which those two facts were revealed might be spoilers.

And back to spoilers: Those decay ampules kind of remind me of Keyaru's "Corrupted Heal" technique from Redo of Healer. Odd to see a reference to something that lewd in a PM game.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

My main Semi-Spoilery Lore Question is: How can it possibly be in any way profitable to use the K Singularity to regenerate chicken for consumption if the entire reasoning for why people don't just K Ampoule all their injuries away is because those things are ruinously expensive?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

KazigluBey posted:

But as people have said, PM likes to fiddle with core systems and who knows, maybe they'll find a happy medium position that leaves everyone pleased, I'd love to see that.

I think the middle ground they proposed before the hotfix looked pretty good, but there's clearly a ton of pushback even to that if they're dropping 1300 compensation sanity and a hotfix.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Theantero posted:

My main Semi-Spoilery Lore Question is: How can it possibly be in any way profitable to use the K Singularity to regenerate chicken for consumption if the entire reasoning for why people don't just K Ampoule all their injuries away is because those things are ruinously expensive?

Given that he's specifically making a food grade ampoule I wouldn't be surprised if he's making a dirt cheap one that's unfit for use on humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Arzaac posted:

Given that he's specifically making a food grade ampoule I wouldn't be surprised if he's making a dirt cheap one that's unfit for use on humans.

Tumors are just extra meat, really.