Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

VanillaGorilla posted:

This is my superpower, I can't sleep past 5:30 a.m. anymore no matter what!

I'm 35 and my internal alarm clock has worked its way to 7:00-7:30am. Are you telling me it gets worse?? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Wonder what chapter the black soulstone shards first get mentioned. Was kinda surprised it was entirely left out of the intro chapter

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So are we a Nephalem again this time, and if we aren't are we not gonna beat up the Double Down Diablo , with Sauce?

Actually were the first two guys that beat up Diablo Nephalem? Does that title mean anything?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

InventorOfTrees posted:

I'm 35 and my internal alarm clock has worked its way to 7:00-7:30am. Are you telling me it gets worse?? :negative:

It definitely gets worse, particularly after you have a kid.

By the time he hit 70 I swear my grandfather slept like maybe 4 hours a night and I'm pretty sure I'm on that trajectory.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

VanillaGorilla posted:

It definitely gets worse, particularly after you have a kid.

By the time he hit 70 I swear my grandfather slept like maybe 4 hours a night and I'm pretty sure I'm on that trajectory.
70 is max level? I thought it was 100.

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

wizard2 posted:

he thinks D4 will be better than POE until POE copies whatever few good ideas D4 has.

wizard2 posted:

oh yeah also hes confirmed for one "le toucan has arrived" away from a permaban in POE

This lines up perfectly.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

search engine posted:

This lines up perfectly.

he is pretty great, yeah

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Surprised by how close to one another a max PC and a PS5 appear in terms of performance. I had thought for certain I'd grab this on PC but couch co-op on PS5 is mightily enticing for my wife and I. And of course, the pre-order early weekend begins on a night we've already got plans to be out. Surprised that I'm this excited for D4 after D3 didn't QUITE hit on all cylinders with me (says the guy with the 100+ hours on it, but still...) and yet here I am counting it down.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Caidin posted:

So are we a Nephalem again this time, and if we aren't are we not gonna beat up the Double Down Diablo , with Sauce?

Actually were the first two guys that beat up Diablo Nephalem? Does that title mean anything?

I think we're just random dudes in this game

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Memnaelar posted:

Surprised by how close to one another a max PC and a PS5 appear in terms of performance. I had thought for certain I'd grab this on PC but couch co-op on PS5 is mightily enticing for my wife and I. And of course, the pre-order early weekend begins on a night we've already got plans to be out. Surprised that I'm this excited for D4 after D3 didn't QUITE hit on all cylinders with me (says the guy with the 100+ hours on it, but still...) and yet here I am counting it down.

I wanted to get the PS5 copy (I love playing games on my couch), but the dramatic differences between D2R pc and console made me not even consider it. D2R is zoomed way further in on console, runs at a lower resolution, worse lighting, worse fps... it honestly kinda looks like poo poo on PS5.

I'm hoping D4 doesn't have the same problem but that experience turned me off of even checking.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
My watch woke me up at 1 am with 5 Discord pings so tonight is going to be fun.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I played the Series X version during the server slam and it worked just fine. The client is built for console support from the ground up so it's a pretty seamless experience jumping from platform to platform. Controller support is great and the game still looks pretty good on console.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

InventorOfTrees posted:

I wanted to get the PS5 copy (I love playing games on my couch), but the dramatic differences between D2R pc and console made me not even consider it. D2R is zoomed way further in on console, runs at a lower resolution, worse lighting, worse fps... it honestly kinda looks like poo poo on PS5.

I'm hoping D4 doesn't have the same problem but that experience turned me off of even checking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl2wJvLnvM8

Take a look at this comparison video. It's what sold me on going PS5. Higher frame rate on PC but it's otherwise pretty exceptional how close they look.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just bought the ultimate version on the Microsoft store on my Xbox. How do I download the game? Do I need to wait till 7pm EST? I had a 50 gig update for the server slam, do I just open that to play the full game?

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Memnaelar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl2wJvLnvM8

Take a look at this comparison video. It's what sold me on going PS5. Higher frame rate on PC but it's otherwise pretty exceptional how close they look.

Great video, thanks for this. PS5 version actually looks almost identical to the PC version - very nice! If it holds a stable 60fps on console under load then the two versions are going to feel almost indistinguishable.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

American McGay posted:

70 is max level? I thought it was 100.

100 is the max

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Oppa Diablo style

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Following thread

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

InventorOfTrees posted:

Do you like 5 am?

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

they should have made diablo 4 offline.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Magus42 posted:

100 is the max

Your first paragon Glyph after 100 depends on your region. In the UK you get a letter from the queen* and in the US you get to go on local TV

* she wrote lots of letters before she died, it covers everyone born before 2017 IIRC. If you die before you reach 100 your letter gets added to the ritual pyre on the annual Ardent Crumblenight.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

InventorOfTrees posted:

the game is not going to be playable today for 90%+ of people

We are gonna go see Spiderverse around launch time so that hopefully things have settled by the time we get back :pray:

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Doomykins posted:

I tried to play the videogame immediately but I had to wait 20 minutes and are you familiar with the greatest tragedies in human history because we are joining their ranks.

waiting in this server queue lobby, I finally understand Grave of Fireflies now

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
Does controller have rumble?

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
5am crew represent, I'm going to walk my dog through an empty dog park tomorrow then log on with no queue

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
“We’ve had every possible form of investigation done. And we did not have a systemic issue with harassment — ever. We didn’t have any of what were mischaracterizations reported in the media,” Kotick asserts. “But what we did have was a very aggressive labor movement working hard to try and destabilize the company.”

Kotick places the blame for most of Activision’s image problems on what he calls “outside forces” and labor activity around the company.

“I wouldn’t be sitting here talking to you if any of what you read in the inflammatory narrative was truthful,” Kotick says.

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/activision-blizzard-ceo-addresses-toxic-workforce-claims-microsoft-deal-1235628361/

Hope y'all are enjoying the game!

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
It was the labor movement that did it lmao

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Not yet, 5 hours to go, but I'm enjoying the thread, thanks!!!

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Mozi posted:

“We’ve had every possible form of investigation done. And we did not have a systemic issue with harassment — ever. We didn’t have any of what were mischaracterizations reported in the media,” Kotick asserts. “But what we did have was a very aggressive labor movement working hard to try and destabilize the company.”

Kotick places the blame for most of Activision’s image problems on what he calls “outside forces” and labor activity around the company.

“I wouldn’t be sitting here talking to you if any of what you read in the inflammatory narrative was truthful,” Kotick says.

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/activision-blizzard-ceo-addresses-toxic-workforce-claims-microsoft-deal-1235628361/

no one cares

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BrianBoitano posted:

Not yet, 5 hours to go, but I'm enjoying the thread, thanks!!!

5 more hours, until Christ's love enters my body...

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Mozi posted:

Media over blows and lies about a social justice issue, not surprised

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Mozi posted:

it's not out yet, but I'm gonna be enjoying it in about 5 hours :)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mozi posted:

It's not out for another 5 hours, but thanks all the same!

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug

Mozi posted:

Thanks! Reviews look great! Stoked for new Diablo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Remember when the game goes live today, close battle.net first and then re-open it if the play button is not working.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I hope bill gates injects kotick with a 5g microchip vaccine and then fires him

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I've been on pins and needles for the past 20hrs on what class to main through the story. Real happy for the fursuits that are hyped to play as Weremarge, or the Chad Hammercocks spin-winning the game like it's AGDQ pre-season. Really wanted a trapsin, but doesn't look like it's happening with the weird bow/dagger rogue setup. The sorc needs bigger fireworks... So looks like my heart's still set on this scrawny Skrillex-looking hellraiser who helps out town nuns with routine exorcisms.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm either gonna be Rogue or Sorc for that D1 (my favorite Diablo game) flavor

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

Will wait until tomorrow to play with my buddy. We live in different towns but I’m gonna drive over with my desktop, screen and we’re just gonna play for 24 hours.

We did the same for the D3 launch in 2011. Now we’re 32 and 35… older but we still took a day off for Diablo!

Can’t loving wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Anyone have any strategies that are excited to try out? My approach is going to be clicking on the demons with my mouse button until they die