Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I aint buying it on console because gently caress paying a subscription to play online. Come on steam and greenman gaming give me my link!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I preordered this months ago for PS5 on Amazon. Any idea if this will count as the elite edition?

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I preordered this months ago for PS5 on Amazon. Any idea if this will count as the elite edition?

it won't. the elite edition costs more

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

EdsTeioh posted:

Oh it's finally up for pre-order on PSN but it looks like it's PS5 only...isn't there supposed to be a PS4 release also? I mean, I have a PS5 but tend to spend most of my game time in a room where I just have a PS4. Is this going to be dual buy/platform?

haha hooray.

Want the tag champions? Pay extra
Want the trios champions? Wait three years
Want to play at all??? 600 dollars pls

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
https://youtu.be/8RNLF25W164

:aaa: Hype

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

YESSSS!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

This game is incredible.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is loving insane and I am so hyped, and I know that my friends who aren't into wrestling but who hang out when wrestling is on will be into this level of absurdity. Hell loving yeah.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Neato!

Also just realized that wwe 2k23 ships with wargames but unless they have 2 on 2 blood and guts matches that is forever beyond the reach of this ps5 exclusive lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like picking if you want to transition certain moves into a pin or not right before it happens

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
I thought it might have been a pricing error originally, but it seems the Canadian price for the game ($60 CAD) really is the same as the US price ($60 USD), unless I am mistaken.

I have no idea why, but I will certainly not complain.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

TealShark posted:

I thought it might have been a pricing error originally, but it seems the Canadian price for the game ($60 CAD) really is the same as the US price ($60 USD), unless I am mistaken.

I have no idea why, but I will certainly not complain.

What are new games typically in Canada?

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

What are new games typically in Canada?

$89.99/$99.99 CAD

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

TealShark posted:

$89.99/$99.99 CAD

Wow! That's a big difference. #ThankYouKenny

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I always assumed it was an exchange rate thing - am I mistaken?

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

Shard posted:

I always assumed it was an exchange rate thing - am I mistaken?

Usually, yeah. When the US price was announced at $60/$80 (Elite), I had assumed with exchange it would be $80/$100 Canadian. Instead, it’s priced 1:1 at $60/$80 Canadian. It’s a huge unexpected and unusual price break for us up here.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Looks fun as hell

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Cancelled my basic edition preorder from Amazon. I hope there's a physical of the Elite Edition

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dacap posted:

Cancelled my basic edition preorder from Amazon. I hope there's a physical of the Elite Edition

Yeah that's the edition I've been waitin on

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I hope they offer a physical edition of the Elite version, I just love having a bunch of boxes. I'll keep my amazon preorder and change it if they do.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I just get scared of games like these getting pulled from Online services, but I guess they could always force online and take things down to break physical editions too.

Looks like you can also get 10% off if you have PSPlus on the Canadian PS Store

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dacap posted:

I just get scared of games like these getting pulled from Online services, but I guess they could always force online and take things down to break physical editions too.

Looks like you can also get 10% off if you have PSPlus on the Canadian PS Store

Same deal in the US as well, and it looks like the expiration date is 6/29 so you have time to think about it if you’re on the fence or just want to wait.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I haven't looked on my actual PS4 in a couple days but the PSN website is saying ps5 only for digital. I'll probably just get a disk off amazon.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I just canceled my physical copy from Amazon and preordered digital elite off of the PlayStation store. It’s only a $12 CAD difference for it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Fight Forever looks exactly as goofy and janky as I hoped for.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Still can't decide if I want to get this on PS5 or Switch.

Considering canceling my Amazon physical pre-order so I can get the Elite Edition as well. I only pre-ordered it in case the $60 price was a pricing error and they upped it to $70

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Is there ANY additional info about the career mode in Fight Forever anywhere? A quick google search shows almost nothing since last fall. That's probably the mode I'm *most* excited about, so it feels weird to see nothing about it in nearly a year.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

Is there ANY additional info about the career mode in Fight Forever anywhere? A quick google search shows almost nothing since last fall. That's probably the mode I'm *most* excited about, so it feels weird to see nothing about it in nearly a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjJ-76Bnw-0 IGN talks a bit about it in their video. Starts with you being called to come in for DoN 2019 and goes through some of the history of the promotion, with branching paths depending on whether you win or lose.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Memnaelar posted:

https://twitter.com/drainbamager/status/1664315057210281984?s=46&t=vTNZavhRg3gJqoP7LCLG5A

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From the IGN clip we have confirmation of John Silver, Andrade, PAC, Malakai Black, and Luchasaurus.

Jeff Hardy, Chuck Taylor, Lance Archer, and Dustin Rhodes were already sort of confirmed, but we see them here on the select screen.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 1, 2023

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I like how some people get more mad about video games than anything that actually matters irl

It's good

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Yeah, I was already likely to buy just to support AEW's games division, but I'm sold at this point. I literally can't remember the last time I bought a wrestling game. Probably Fire Pro Wrestling about 10 years ago which I then proceeded to ignore.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Memnaelar posted:

Yeah, I was already likely to buy just to support AEW's games division, but I'm sold at this point. I literally can't remember the last time I bought a wrestling game. Probably Fire Pro Wrestling about 10 years ago which I then proceeded to ignore.

jesus I did the same thing lol. I bought it and ignored it. I just wanted to like it but it never clicked for me. I'm more excited about this AEW game than I have been for a wrestling game in a long long time.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Out of curiosity, do we have an up or down on keith lee being in the game? If Lee's out and FTR is DLC thats another big punch in the gut lol

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Out of curiosity, do we have an up or down on keith lee being in the game? If Lee's out and FTR is DLC thats another big punch in the gut lol

I'm trusting other people who have told me this so they could have been lying but I believe he's part of the first season pass wth FTR.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

He's DLC

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

pwnage

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

There is something very odd about the animation & the only way I can describe it is the characters sometimes move like I'd imagine action figures would move if they weren't inanimate objects?

But on the other hand the amount of blood is extremely funny & this might be the first licensed wrestling game I buy since the 360 era, Smackdown vs Raw 2009 I guess.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Since that shot of the select screen shows that it's in alphabetical order (Chuck Taylor to Matt Jackson), here's a list of AEW people who are missing, not counting confirmed DLC and people who are obviously too new:

Claudio Castagnoli
Colt Cabana
Colten Gunn
Daniel Garcia
Dante Martin
Darrius Martin
Diamante
Emi Sakura
Ethan Page
Evil Uno
Fuego del Sol
Griff Garrison
Isiah Kassidy
Jake Hager
Jamie Hayter
Jay Lethal
Julia Hart
Kip Sabian
Kyle O'Reilly
Lee Moriarty
Leyla Hirsch
Luther
Mark Henry
Mark Sterling
Marq Quen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

He’s DLC with The Bunny in a pack called Limitless Bunny so all is good in the world