Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

smoobles posted:

Anyone have any strategies that are excited to try out? My approach is going to be clicking on the demons with my mouse button until they die

instead of holding the mouse button down, try clicking it in time w/ your swings or casts for a more immersive experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

smoobles posted:

Anyone have any strategies that are excited to try out? My approach is going to be clicking on the demons with my mouse button until they die

Same but holding down controller buttons so I don't injure myself

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I have some related questions:

1) Can you unlock Tier 3 by beating the game on Tier 1?

2) Are most of you planning the first play through on Tier 2?

3) Are most of you planning to solo the story then start playing in groups once you unlock Tier 3?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

I have some related questions:

1) Can you unlock Tier 3 by beating the game on Tier 1?

You have to beat the capstone dungeon on tier 2, so you can beat the game on tier 1 then swap to tier 2 and beat your capstone dungeon then switch to tier 3.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Not really, the upsell is pretty fair priced if you include the first season pass, the non-Tyrael-wings, the horse armor, and some other bundled cosmetics.

Eh, I don't really care about those things.

Probably for the best, I can sit and watch servers explode and/or see how the poopsockers like the endgame before I commit to buying it

5er
Jun 1, 2000

External Organs posted:

Same but holding down controller buttons so I don't injure myself

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Pre-season, I'm just going to be playing the game to try and have fun, while learning game mechanics and things - if it turns out to be what I want it to be, I'll likely end up putting a lot of energy into seasons.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Does this game support the ps5 controller on pc? Like with all the dualsense features uhhh haptic.. thingies.. and poo poo!!!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

whalestory posted:

Does this game support the ps5 controller on pc? Like with all the dualsense features uhhh haptic.. thingies.. and poo poo!!!
That makes me wonder if the game can use a HOSAS.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
im not going to play the game i bought im just going to watch twitch of other people playing it so i can get fancy looks, while eating kfc sammiches

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope
I'm going to continue the tradition I built in D2 of only playing a frozen orb Sorc by immediately making a frozen orb Sorc in D4. Variety is for chumps

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/13xmqox/i_wish_the_kfc_employees_were_kinder/

even fast food employees look down on gamers

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

That makes me wonder if the game can use a HOSAS.

You hotas people are sick. SICK!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

For the indecisive goon, let fate decide what to play first:

https://wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=Barbarian+&c2=Necromancer+&c3=Druid&c4=Rogue&c5=Sorcerer&time=5

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Similar issue. I spent 2 days at KFC this week of roughly 5 hours each (one day unrelated to Diablo IV). Due to the nature of the promotion I had put my Diablo III promotional backpack on a table within the restaurant and had claimed that location for the day. I proceeded to order at the counter several times to collect all promotional pieces. I have heard SNICKERS and LAUGHS several times from the counter. One of them even proceeded to mimic my waddle (I do NOT waddle however I do breathe heavily). After my 6th order I proceeded to leave KFC to eat my dinner at Jack In The Box which was a pleasant experience to the Hell that was KFC.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

For me every section of the wheel just said druid.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

smoobles posted:

I think this is a really good start, but if I may offer a suggestion: click on the loot also. I think you'll find it really elevates your Diablo IV experience to a whole new level!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

External Organs posted:

You hotas people are sick. SICK!
It's two sticks, not a throttle - imagine :jerkbag: but with two hands.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

The best thing about the wheel is you can just keep spinning until it gives you the answer you want.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ice Fist posted:

I had to click a couple of times for it to work properly:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Mordiceius posted:

So, as someone who hasn't followed the plot of what's going on with DIablo 4, why is Lilith evil? Wasn't her thing "I want to protect Sanctuary"?

Lilith mad that Inarius betrayed her and banished her.

Lilith mad that Hell and Heaven want to kill/neuter her babies (it's us, we're Mommy's special babies)

Lilith wants to let humanity/Nephilim go wild and engage in all their horny/violent fantasies and become unchained by the worldstone.

Lilith wants to use her new mega-strong horny army to do ~*something*~ that is currently unknown. Possibly nuking Heaven and Hell and turning Sanctuary into a blood orgy dance party that looks like a crossover event between the opening scene of Blade and the rave in Matrix Reloaded.

Inarius wants to force his way back into Heaven now that all the peeps who banished him are gone and get revenge on the peeps in Hell that tortured him. Sanctuary is a bummer and just reminds him of his ex and he really resents his kids.

He also wants to take Lilith down for betraying their original vision of being King and Queen Mommy and Daddy of weak angel/demon hybrids and because she wants to let them get fully corrupted by their demonic side, evolve into Nephilim, and become more powerful than Angels or Demons.

Humanity is stuck between one side doesn't really care about them and just wants to make sure they aren't a threat and another that wants to let all their freak flags fly and turn them into murdering conscripts. Both of those sides want to destroy the other and start another war on Sanctuary that extends to Heaven/Hell/Both for revenge with humanity as pawns.

The last 80-year old Horadrim who looks remarkably good for his age and the player character want to stop them from killing/corrupting everyone who is left after Malthael killed everyone. They just finally got a nice new civilization set up and someone wants to wreck it already. It is very rude.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 1, 2023

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
What happened to the unstoppable murdered the Prime Evil and the incarnation of Death Itself PC from the last game?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Jaytan posted:

I think this is a really good start, but if I may offer a suggestion: click on the loot also. I think you'll find it really elevates your Diablo IV experience to a whole new level!

My mouse's resell value is gonna go way down from all this clicking!

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
30 years ago i was running through actual corn fields. 9 years old and loving life. now i'm preparing to click myself to death and take some demons with me!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Caidin posted:

What happened to the unstoppable murdered the Prime Evil and the incarnation of Death Itself PC from the last game?

claimed his prize of lifetime doubledowns and retired

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Caidin posted:

They both dead.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Caidin posted:

Probably turned into an undead stygian doll

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They both dead.

Yeah I know their dead, we killed them!

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

They both dead.

They are in the abyss, and not truly dead as they are immortal spirits and cannot be truly killed.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Astryl posted:

They are in the abyss, and not truly dead as they are immortal spirits and cannot be truly killed.

i think they're asking about the player character

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Astryl posted:

Angels basically get turned into paste and used to remake new angels.

Demons eventually reform in Hell.

It's not clear what happens to Diablo/everyone who all had their souls merged together into the Prime Evil and died (but, let's be real, there's no way they are dead for good and Diablo at least is making his way back).

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
If Diablo isn't in this game I will be so mad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dameius posted:

The best thing about the wheel is you can just keep spinning until it gives you the answer you want.

The Wheel helps us all.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Ice Fist posted:

Mine is an even split between paladin and monk wtf?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Caidin posted:

got turned into a dog

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Angels basically get turned into paste and used to remake new angels.

Demons eventually reform in Hell.

It's not clear what happens to Diablo/everyone who all had their souls merged together into the Prime Evil and died (but, let's be real, there's no way they are dead for good and Diablo at least is making his way back).

Gigantic red devil Diablo appears, jacked and fearsome, but when they open their mouth it's Leah's voice and she starts talking about how extremely unlikely all this demons and angels business is.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Lilith mad that Inarius betrayed her and banished her.

Lilith mad that Hell and Heaven want to kill/neuter her babies (it's us, we're Mommy's special babies)

Lilith wants to let humanity/Nephilim go wild and engage in all their horny/violent fantasies and become unchained by the worldstone.

Lilith wants to use her new mega-strong horny army to do ~*something*~ that is currently unknown. Possibly nuking Heaven and Hell and turning Sanctuary into a blood orgy dance party that looks like a crossover event between the opening scene of Blade and the rave in Matrix Reloaded.

Inarius wants to force his way back into Heaven now that all the peeps who banished him are gone and get revenge on the peeps in Hell that tortured him. Sanctuary is a bummer and just reminds him of his ex and he really resents his kids.

He also wants to take Lilith down for betraying their original vision of being King and Queen Mommy and Daddy of weak angel/demon hybrids and because she wants to let them get fully corrupted by their demonic side, evolve into Nephilim, and become more powerful than Angels or Demons.

Humanity is stuck between one side doesn't really care about them and just wants to make sure they aren't a threat and another that wants to let all their freak flags fly and turn them into murdering conscripts. Both of those sides want to destroy the other and start another war on Sanctuary that extends to Heaven/Hell/Both for revenge with humanity as pawns.

The last 80-year old Horadrim who looks remarkably good for his age and the player character want to stop them from killing/corrupting everyone who is left after Malthael killed everyone. They just finally got a nice new civilization set up and someone wants to wreck it already. It is very rude.

How do we join the Lilith faction?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Are there any interesting Rogue builds that don't use Imbues? I found the whole "click button, attack twice, click button" play style to be pretty unfun, but I like a lot of the other abilities.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

whalestory posted:

How do we join the Lilith faction?

Same way as in RE Village

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Heads up; if you're a sicko like me who thought "I'll just buy 4 sandwiches at KFC and give the rest of them out and be an office hero while surreptitiously getting diablo 4 cosmetics for myself", first of all you only get one tier of cosmetics per order, so you will be wasting your money unless you place 4 separate orders, and second of all KFC still loving sucks and nobody will want the sandwiches even for free. :shepicide: