Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ganso Bomb posted:

He’s DLC with The Bunny in a pack called Limitless Bunny so all is good in the world

That comes out a month after the game does for an additional fee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Yes, it's a video game in 2023?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Maybe im jaded but this just feels like business as usual when it comes to games like this. I mean look at street fighter. Or Mortal Kombat

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shard posted:

Maybe im jaded but this just feels like business as usual when it comes to games like this. I mean look at street fighter. Or Mortal Kombat

Kenny said the plan was to offer regular updates instead of making a new game every year, so from a business POV, it does make sense, even if we do't like it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

you're right im sorry

Its good the full price game has a cash shop

Im glad trios matches are out, they're wicked

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

you're right im sorry

Its good the full price game has a cash shop

Im glad trios matches are out, they're wicked

The cash shop is for in-game currency that you earn, like the Krypt in Mortal Kombat.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i am unironicly happy with no trios, tag matches are never fun to play.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i do want more info on tag matches as they were promoting some one button tag team movez thing that i still havent seen yet.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Taking another look at that select screen, it's apparent that it's the second page. That means the game has 18 wrestlers alphabetically before Chuck Taylor.

Of the 18, we know:

Abadon
Adam Cole
Adam Page
Alex Reynolds (just going to assume he's there because Silver)
Andrade El Idolo
Britt Baker
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho
Christian Cage

That leaves 9 spots. With Bunny and FTR as DLC, that means the more likely names are:

Anna Jay
Anthony Bowens
Athena
Billy Gunn
Blade
Brandon Cutler
Brian Cage
Brian Pillman Jr.
Brody King
Buddy Matthews
Butcher
Christopher Daniels

So that list minus three names.

MAYBE Anthony Ogogo if they thought he was going to be a bigger deal when they were getting started.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Pylons posted:

The cash shop is for in-game currency that you earn, like the Krypt in Mortal Kombat.

So I didn’t need to give my card info to unlock Ken Shamrock at the Smackdown Mall?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

So I didn’t need to give my card info to unlock Ken Shamrock at the Smackdown Mall?

no, but you do if you want to unlock the Ho

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

i am unironicly happy with no trios, tag matches are never fun to play.

ok sure but like, they have two sets of trios titles. The company is extremely faction based. idk maybe its like chuddy or whatever but it feels like a massive chunk missing from a game made this century? OK yes, some N64 games didn't have it but they also didn't have 4K graphics and they thought that was worth changing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Private Party has to be in the remaining slots, would be extremely dirty to leave out one of their first teams while putting in much newer people

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i mean bunny was on the first fyter fest or one of those

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Evil Uno is just not in the game? That seems like a huge bummer for the dude who has been the face of AEW Games for a while.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Suplex Liberace posted:

i do want more info on tag matches as they were promoting some one button tag team movez thing that i still havent seen yet.

On the stream the other day, Uno said they were only allowed to show off singles matches so far but would be demoing tag matches soon. Hopefully next week!

projecthalaxy posted:

ok sure but like, they have two sets of trios titles. The company is extremely faction based. idk maybe its like chuddy or whatever but it feels like a massive chunk missing from a game made this century? OK yes, some N64 games didn't have it but they also didn't have 4K graphics and they thought that was worth changing.

I agree with this. While tag matches can be clunky and annoying if your partner's AI is bad, it does seem a little weird to not have big multiman matches with how faction-focused they are as a company.

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Evil Uno is just not in the game? That seems like a huge bummer for the dude who has been the face of AEW Games for a while.

If John Silver is in the game I would have a real hard time believing Evil Uno isn't in the game.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Private Party has to be in the remaining slots, would be extremely dirty to leave out one of their first teams while putting in much newer people

20 dollars pls

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

10 dollars pls

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wouldn't be shocked if modes are added later in updates including trios matches.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DLC Inc posted:

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Like I mentioned on the last page, the IGN video and its brief look at some of the select screen pretty much confirms Evil Uno and both members of Private Party are not in the base build of the game. Unless you have to unlock them.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Eagerly awaiting the Nightmare Collective DLC which not only gives you Awesome Kong, Brandi, Mel Cruise, and Luther---but also gives you a "Crickets" setting for crowd reaction

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Stadium Stampede?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOiq-VcEKQ&t=323s

(timestamped)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

They should also drop regular tag matches they suck too.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kenny omega forced all of this piecemeal dlc and 'versions' in because of his 80 IQ street fighter background

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

feel like stadium stampede is going to be the minigames online

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

One vid said CAW was embargoed at this time, but added "formulas are back", so I take it to mean that there's no Community Creations.

Also:

https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/1664340196114964509?s=20

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Davros1 posted:

One vid said CAW was embargoed at this time, but added "formulas are back", so I take it to mean that there's no Community Creations.

Also:

That is a grade a bummer

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I am curious at the number of CAW slots the game will; probably nowhere near a hundred.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Also:

Think that's SF6.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pylons posted:

Think that's SF6.

Show's how often I play games.

Now if he had made himself in a Lego game ...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

Think that's SF6.

that is SF6

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Anime Joe isn't real, he can't hurt you

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Davros1 posted:

What does "formulas are back" mean?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

What does "formulas are back" mean?

It means instead of downloading some dude's Kurt Angle CAW you'll get a text file off reddit that says "to make Kurt Angle use face 11, hair 3, singlet 16..."

This has to he done because the N64 PS4 doesn't have Internet access. Buy our DLC.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

It means instead of downloading some dude's Kurt Angle CAW you'll get a text file off reddit that says "to make Kurt Angle use face 11, hair 3, singlet 16..."

This has to he done because the N64 PS4 doesn't have Internet access. Buy our DLC.

Are you mad about the game I can’t tell

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

Listen, everyone said they wanted a game like the N64 ones

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

by god, I'm gonna spend so much time talking poo poo about the grifting taking place in concessions when I go to that AEW show this weekend

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

projecthalaxy has come down with a terminal case of Games Subforum

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Someone make that meme of all the dlc complaints on one side like with the crying im not mad face and the other side looking chill going heh heh skateboard go vroom

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLX66HBUyGo

DenkOps plays a less gimmicky match than NL so it shows off different things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
let's hope the game is half as fun as pointlessly complaining online