Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Kalli posted:

Same way as in RE Village

That requires a VR headset and a belt, sounds like too much work.

You know what isn't? Ordering from KFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

explosivo posted:

Heads up; if you're a sicko like me who thought "I'll just buy 4 sandwiches at KFC and give the rest of them out and be an office hero while surreptitiously getting diablo 4 cosmetics for myself", first of all you only get one tier of cosmetics per order, so you will be wasting your money unless you place 4 separate orders, and second of all KFC still loving sucks and nobody will want the sandwiches even for free. :shepicide:

Dogs and cats in your area want to know your location!!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

widespread posted:

That requires a VR headset and a belt, sounds like too much work.

But I mean if you got the VR headset already.... okay well fair enough, I get to cheat a bit, my sis owns a goatfarm so sourcing some horns was pretty easy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DO i need the high res assets if I am not doing 4k?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

explosivo posted:

Heads up; if you're a sicko like me who thought "I'll just buy 4 sandwiches at KFC and give the rest of them out and be an office hero while surreptitiously getting diablo 4 cosmetics for myself", first of all you only get one tier of cosmetics per order, so you will be wasting your money unless you place 4 separate orders, and second of all KFC still loving sucks and nobody will want the sandwiches even for free. :shepicide:

lmao sorry goon

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Kalli posted:

But I mean if you got the VR headset already.... okay well fair enough, I get to cheat a bit, my sis owns a goatfarm so sourcing some horns was pretty easy

For the love of Lilith don't slaughter goats for a game faction

Just wait for the unofficial VNs

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

:mildpanic:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Lilith mad that Inarius betrayed her and banished her.

Lilith mad that Hell and Heaven want to kill/neuter her babies (it's us, we're Mommy's special babies)

Lilith wants to let humanity/Nephilim go wild and engage in all their horny/violent fantasies and become unchained by the worldstone.

Lilith wants to use her new mega-strong horny army to do ~*something*~ that is currently unknown. Possibly nuking Heaven and Hell and turning Sanctuary into a blood orgy dance party that looks like a crossover event between the opening scene of Blade and the rave in Matrix Reloaded.

Inarius wants to force his way back into Heaven now that all the peeps who banished him are gone and get revenge on the peeps in Hell that tortured him. Sanctuary is a bummer and just reminds him of his ex and he really resents his kids.

He also wants to take Lilith down for betraying their original vision of being King and Queen Mommy and Daddy of weak angel/demon hybrids and because she wants to let them get fully corrupted by their demonic side, evolve into Nephilim, and become more powerful than Angels or Demons.

Humanity is stuck between one side doesn't really care about them and just wants to make sure they aren't a threat and another that wants to let all their freak flags fly and turn them into murdering conscripts. Both of those sides want to destroy the other and start another war on Sanctuary that extends to Heaven/Hell/Both for revenge with humanity as pawns.

The last 80-year old Horadrim who looks remarkably good for his age and the player character want to stop them from killing/corrupting everyone who is left after Malthael killed everyone. They just finally got a nice new civilization set up and someone wants to wreck it already. It is very rude.

Lilith seems hella based. Where is my option to join her side?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

BurningBeard posted:

I've moved twice in the last two months, had my wisdom teeth out last week, am supposed to have dinner with my partners family tonight, and I will still brave demons at some point. 37, feeling it, and still ready to slay.

Funnily enough I had a wisdom tooth out the day d3 came out.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Don't forget driver updates assuming you trust Nvidia to get it right the first time and assuming you use Nvidia drivers of course. They released a D4 driver update this week.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Nemo2342 posted:

Are there any interesting Rogue builds that don't use Imbues? I found the whole "click button, attack twice, click button" play style to be pretty unfun, but I like a lot of the other abilities.

maxroll.gg has a few good rogue builds up, and he seems to favour poison trap over imbues

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just gave $90 to Bobby Kotick. Feels bad man.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

It's funny they only bothered to include the DD edition to their EA countdown a few hours ago.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Mayveena posted:

Don't forget driver updates assuming you trust Nvidia to get it right the first time and assuming you use Nvidia drivers of course. They released a D4 driver update this week.

AMD just released new drivers today as well. Only major change seems to be Diablo 4 support.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Josh Lyman posted:

Just gave $90 to Bobby Kotick. Feels bad man.

Don't worry, part of that is going to a woman as hush money of some kind

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

It's funny they only bothered to include the DD edition to their EA countdown a few hours ago.

It said on the sales page that the digital deluxe included the early access, so I'm not sure who was worried.

smoobles posted:

Don't worry, part of that is going to a woman as hush money of some kind
Welp, that just made me feel sad.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

jiffynuts posted:

AMD just released new drivers today as well. Only major change seems to be Diablo 4 support.

I have to wait to update drivers tomorrow, when my new AMD card comes in. Going from a GeForce 970 to a Radeon RX 6700 XT.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

My PC is old so I have to play 4 on a console like an idiot

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1664042443652694016

https://hard-drive.net/hd/news-politics/bobby-kotick-denies-all-allegations-of-abuse-that-arent-captured-on-tape/

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

sponges posted:

My PC is old so I have to play 4 on a console like an idiot
I'm stuck with my 1070 because the 4070 and 4070 Ti are overpriced bullshit with too narrow memory buses and too little VRAM.

I got 70-75 fps @ 1440p high using FSR quality during server slam so it'll be playable though not ideal.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Can't loving wait to start playing this tonight on PS5. Diablo III is one of my all-time favorite games (and also my first Diablo game) and I've been looking forward to IV for years. Picking sorcerer because that was my favorite during the beta.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
I'm going Rogue for my main. I'll be doing Druid and Barb as my alts for playing with specific friends infrequently so we keep around the same level.

I tried sorc and it was fun but felt a bit too familiar. Figure I'll do caster classes at some point. God I'm so hyped for this game to have an actual story I'm interested in. The cutscenes in the beta were so well done.

Just a few more hours until I have to put my kids to bed while ignoring all of their requests, slipping them melatonin, hoping desperately to get online by 8pm.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I thought there was a thread to discuss lovely behavior at video game companies.....

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Mayveena posted:

I thought there was a thread to discuss lovely behavior at video game companies.....

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
I'm the Jon Snow of Diablo 4 and I'm going in blind.

I'm going Sorcerer cause I wanna freeze poo poo and historically the archetype has some of the most character building options.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Mayveena posted:

Feel it's important to remind you who you are endorsing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m endorsing all the workers who did a very good job coding and building this very good game, op

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Has anyone tested whatever magic they’re supposed to be implementing where it scales damage across disparate levels in a party? Or am I making this up?

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
Took a half day from work to play all night. I hope the servers aren't too slammed

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I plan on taking work off tomorrow depending on how the servers are doing. I may not bother if the game isnt possible to play, which it very well may not, but I hope everything goes smoothly.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Henchman 21 posted:

I hope the servers aren't too slammed

lol

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
I recently read the Book of Enoch. I'm endorsing the Biblical references.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Carados posted:

im spending the money speicifclaly for this reason :D

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Kaddish posted:

Has anyone tested whatever magic they’re supposed to be implementing where it scales damage across disparate levels in a party? Or am I making this up?

Yes and it works fine, sometimes too fine honestly. Lower level characters chunk mob hp just as well as higher levels doing the same content.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Carados posted:

you want people to uh, not report those things?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I am just going to wing it and assume that since I am playing with my friend I can pick barb and spin to win

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Link to D4 map. Absolutely spoiler territory view at your own risk.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mayveena posted:

I got the iOS version of this so I can have it on my iPad since I don’t have dual monitors. There’s and android version as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mayveena posted:

So wait, is each act just adding a new region to the world, and the whole thing is seamless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

how is everyone feeling about the state of the necromancer at launch? sounds fun, but chain lightning sorc with teleport sounds fast, and I cannot decide.