Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
its possible with training to use your brain to actually halt your breathing for a time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
using the power of AI to have Epstein whisper a bedtime story to me.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Bunch of losers who've never played with a Mattel MindFlex itt :cawg:

Edit: is the idea that you can have mentally willed physical effects on your own body what's offensive? Next time you're hooked up to a heart-rate monitor take a pause and see if you can't decrease your heart-rate just be willing it. Real-time experiment for you.

I have a Muse headset that is really cool. easy to biofeedback yourself into being calmer. I should probably get back into that.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

mdemone posted:

is the age of consent still 16 over there?!?

I had to check Wikipedia and it's still 16 in the UK. Reading the entry, it seems that there have been numerous advocacy groups unhappy that it was ever raised to 16.

Wikipedia posted:

In April 1972, the Society of Friends Social Responsibility Council (a Quaker conference), passed a resolution in favour of lowering the age of consent in Britain from 16 to 14. In July of that year, Dr. John Robinson, Dean of Trinity College, Cambridge, and chair of the UK's Sexual Law Reform Society, defended an age of consent of 14 in a lecture at a Methodist Conference.

Wikipedia posted:

In May 1974, the Campaign for Homosexual Equality suggested a basic age of consent of 16, but that could be as low as 12 "in cases where a defendant could prove the existence of meaningful consent". The Sexual Law Reform Society proposed in September of that year lowering the age of consent to 14, with the requirement that below the age of 18 the burden of proof that consent for sexual activities between the parties existed would be the responsibility of the older participant.

Wikipedia posted:

The Paedophile Information Exchange was an organisation with around 300 members which used its links inside government and the civil liberties movement to lobby for the decriminalisation of sex with children as young as four years old.

Wikipedia posted:

In March 2014, evidence emerged that the Paedophile Information Exchange had received grants totalling Ł70,000 from the Home Office, after a whistleblower told police he witnessed a successful three-year grant renewal application for Ł35,000 in 1980, implying that a similar grant had been made in 1977.

In June 2015, documents emerged as a result of a BBC freedom of information request that revealed the then Conservative Home Secretary, Leon Brittan, refused to support a bill designed to outlaw PIE because he considered the law on incitement of sexual activities with children to be "not so clear".

On 19 July 2015, Australia's 60 Minutes broadcast an investigation of an alleged paedophile ring, into which abused children were supplied by one of PIE's founders, Peter Righton, who was also a former director of education in the National Institute for Social Work. The alleged network was said to include senior public figures such as Greville Janner and Cyril Smith, alongside a former head of MI6, Peter Hayman.

Welp, reading that wasn't how I'd planned to start my long weekend but OFC a Wikipedia entry related to sexual activity and minors is going to have too much information.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

I had to check Wikipedia and it's still 16 in the UK. Reading the entry, it seems that there have been numerous advocacy groups unhappy that it was ever raised to 16.

Welp, reading that wasn't how I'd planned to start my long weekend but OFC a Wikipedia entry related to sexual activity and minors is going to have too much information.

hmm interesting. personally,

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

paul_soccer12 posted:

beta activity u mean your posts???

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

paul_soccer12 posted:

lmao goddamn

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

paul_soccer12 posted:

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-65780307
There's going to be a full interview tomorrow on the bbc with Philip Schofield. :munch:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

paul_soccer12 posted:

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
idk about all this stuff I just read that monks can produce an fMRI image that looks like a dude who just took ketamine

but also that whole wave of fMRI pop science was garbage I’m sure (I mean actual gold standard science is garbage too it turns out but you know what I mean)

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
feyerabend and/or al Ghazali were Right re: nerds not actually knowing anything

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Pipski posted:

Gentlemen, I propose we break for lunch at the Demon Dining Facility.

The first infantry divisions aviation brigade is called the Demon Brigade, they were eating at the dfac next to the aviation barracks

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1664448550405636096?s=20

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
a few of the documents are linked in the article

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23832108-epstein-psych-reconstruction

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23832104-epstein-timeline

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23832111-epstein-suicide-log-1

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23832112-epstein-suicide-watch-2

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23832110-epstein-psych_contacts

from all the "inmate is talking about investment strategies" notes in the prison watch logs, i think it's likely one of the wardens killed him because he wouldn't shut the gently caress up about billionaire poo poo

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
ok i'm not a true epstine head so i don't know how much of this is already known:

-while bullshitting with the warden he claims he was once a taxi driver?

-the FBI took the surveillance videos? i thought they just said the cameras were broken?

-he's adamantly not suicidal during his suicide watch interviews, after his "first attempt" on the 23rd. repeatedly claims he has no memory of that event, and is trying to remember what happened.

-this seems sus but maybe it's totally normal:

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

paul_soccer12 posted:

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
Feyerabend ftw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Confusedslight posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-65780307
There's going to be a full interview tomorrow on the bbc with Philip Schofield. :munch:

It's just going to let him rehabilitate his image

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Pipski posted:

Gentlemen, I propose we break for lunch at the Demon Dining Facility.

for real what the gently caress kind of name is this

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

gradenko_2000 posted:

code:
https://twitter.com/Antweegonus/status/1663311444425814016
"Roosevelt did Pearl Harbor"

the first time I read this theory was as a kid and it was from a Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns of all places. Gore Vidal talks about it in Dreaming War as well

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Jose posted:

It's just going to let him rehabilitate his image
It worked great for Prince Andrew

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Enjoy a SFW, totally normal video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23QeT0xEeAQ

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
https://twitter.com/paologerbaudo/status/1663915931037212677

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

cat botherer posted:

It worked great for Prince Andrew

Schofield has worked on screen most of his life so knows how it all works

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Hirohito didn’t blow up the projects,

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/loffredojeremy/status/1665074745220427776

:shrug:

UKJeff
May 17, 2023

by vyelkin
Wow the Island Boys knew Epstein ?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
epsteine knew everyone.

you, me, the rich and the poor, the famous and the common. the island boys. he knew us all.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Full Epstein docs https://t.co/WQL77lj3lA

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The FBI 100% has the footy

Or maybe not?

Google Butt has issued a correction as of 03:26 on Jun 4, 2023

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

I love this loving log

I LOVE THIS loving LOG

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
for context, that's immediately after his first "suicide attempt". he's put under suicide watch, but repeatedly states that (a) he's not suicidal, and (b) he doesn't remember what happened.

also the "b7A" redaction code is related to ongoing law enforcement/legal operations, and they use that code or similar for any parts where it gets too specific about what happened on the night of his first suicide attempt.

anyway quotin myself because i want to:

1. OIG and FBI wrap it up and go home after their first day of evidence gathering after Epstein's death. OIG is like "we'll come back tomorrow to pick up the computers as evidence". FBI overhears this and does the shifty eye thing, while talking into their wrist.
2. like five hours later, late at night, there's a knock at the door. "uh. computer guy" "computer guy?" "uhhhh yeah, uh, computer guy"
3. The computer guy SWAPS THE FUCKIN HARD DRIVES ON THE FACILITY'S COMPUTERS for two hours, and then wanders off into the night
4. Next morning OIG comes to grab the computers. Can't wait to check out those untouched hard drives! Gonna get so much useful evidence!

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Mola Yam posted:

for context, that's immediately after his first "suicide attempt". he's put under suicide watch, but repeatedly states that (a) he's not suicidal, and (b) he doesn't remember what happened.

also the "b7A" redaction code is related to ongoing law enforcement/legal operations, and they use that code or similar for any parts where it gets too specific about what happened on the night of his first suicide attempt.

what does this all suggest or imply?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Jesus christ, is it the same oblivious/rebellious person completing both logs?

I love her

(it's a girl you can tell)

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Ham Cheeks posted:

what does this all suggest or imply?

The new-hire turn-key is an overqualified college grad working beneath their earning potential and hadn't yet learned to restrain their authorial voice when documenting mundane shifts of minding potential targets of political assassination,

Or it's a goddamned work and JEFFY E IS LOOSE

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Epstein is dead. I personally saw to that.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I'll go back to lurking in a moment instead of leeloo-dallas-multi-posting,

But FYI,

Any log requiring 15-30 minute entries by people who aren't old enough to rent a car should be presumed to be full of loving poo poo.

So the fact that someone ACTUALLY wrote something indicative of an actual observation,

AND it includes the phrase, "Inmate sitting on bed trying to remember",

Is a loving treasure trove of possibility.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Mola Yam posted:

anyway quotin myself because i want to:

1. OIG and FBI wrap it up and go home after their first day of evidence gathering after Epstein's death. OIG is like "we'll come back tomorrow to pick up the computers as evidence". FBI overhears this and does the shifty eye thing, while talking into their wrist.
2. like five hours later, late at night, there's a knock at the door. "uh. computer guy" "computer guy?" "uhhhh yeah, uh, computer guy"
3. The computer guy SWAPS THE FUCKIN HARD DRIVES ON THE FACILITY'S COMPUTERS for two hours, and then wanders off into the night
4. Next morning OIG comes to grab the computers. Can't wait to check out those untouched hard drives! Gonna get so much useful evidence!

Victor Vermis posted:

I'll go back to lurking in a moment instead of leeloo-dallas-multi-posting,

But FYI,

Any log requiring 15-30 minute entries by people who aren't old enough to rent a car should be presumed to be full of loving poo poo.

“Lt. , the Duty Cpl’s logs say all the girls that were signed into the barrack’s as visitors Saturday night were sober and over 18”

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 07:27 on Jun 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

One final aside for the computer fixers that persumably account for 95% of our employed posting population,

"Uh, computer guy" (proceeds to swap out laptops and hard drives)

Is exactly how computer guys operate to the uninitiated normie population.