Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

I said come in! posted:

So wait, is each act just adding a new region to the world, and the whole thing is seamless?

You can do acts 1-4 in any order you want leading upto act 5. issa open world baybee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

coelomate posted:

how is everyone feeling about the state of the necromancer at launch? sounds fun, but chain lightning sorc with teleport sounds fast, and I cannot decide.

I'll tell you what I tell my wife: Finishing as fast as possible is much more important than having fun.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Gonna spend way too much time on the character creator screen

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

CBD Corndog posted:

You can do acts 1-4 in any order you want leading upto act 5. issa open world baybee

Acts 1-3 actually, I believe you need to complete those before you can do Act 4. The mount quest is in Act 4 as well apparently.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

coelomate posted:

how is everyone feeling about the state of the necromancer at launch? sounds fun, but chain lightning sorc with teleport sounds fast, and I cannot decide.

Reviews seem to suggest that Necromancer is much better compared to the previous open beta. But they are a more advance class to play because some of their best builds require very specific gear.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tjN76mbJcM

Make sure you study Damage Deck Theory, your degrees in Damage Bucket Theory are no longer valid

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CBD Corndog posted:

This is super loving cool! I didn't know this was the direction Blizzard went.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I said come in! posted:

So wait, is each act just adding a new region to the world, and the whole thing is seamless?

Yea. You technically don't have an order you have to do things so you can bounce wherever

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Someone help me out here..

I signed into Battle.net on my PC, it wants an authenticator code. Fine, I load up Authenticator on my iphone. It says it is now replaced with the Battle.Net app. I install that. Now it wants me to sign into the Battle.Net app, which I do, but it wants me to put in an Authenticator code FROM ITSELF.

What the hell and I supposed to do here?

Edit: Nevermind, thank god for SMS. What's the point of auth if you can get past it with SMS. Da gently caress lmao

Philthy fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 1, 2023

TheFrankAttack
May 1, 2007
Necro seems good, I am going to go Bone Spear/Corpse Tendril/Corpse Explode for launch. Minion based builds may still be iffy.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tjN76mbJcM

Make sure you study Damage Deck Theory, your degrees in Damage Bucket Theory are no longer valid

Diablo content creators educating normies about basic gaming nerd math is wholesome

poe creators trying to find more complexity in D4 than is actually there is hilarious

my yt feed has been great lately

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

coelomate posted:

I think a lot of people were super down on necro in the server slam because of the nerf to skeletons but there looks to be some pretty crazy synergies for minion builds with the right legendary aspects and glyphs tbh, Kripparrian has a necro build guide that looks very strong on paper

if you want fastest possible character then that's rogue for you, probably, but fun is more important than fast to me at least

I said come in! posted:

Reviews seem to suggest that Necromancer is much better compared to the previous open beta. But they are a more advance class to play because some of their best builds require very specific gear.

while this is true to some extent it's not as gear dependent as druid and barb apparently, druid can go from barely scraping by and being miserable to annihilating everything with a single legendary aspect that - importantly - is drop only afaik

Martout fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 1, 2023

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Philthy posted:

I signed into Battle.net on my PC, it wants an authenticator code. Fine, I load up Authenticator on my iphone. It says it is now replaced with the Battle.Net app. I install that. Now it wants me to sign into the Battle.Net app, which I do, but it wants me to put in an Authenticator code FROM ITSELF.

It looks like there's a process to remove your authenticator if you click Can't Log In? in the bnet login page. Ive never tried it before though. God speed goon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Philthy posted:

Edit: Nevermind, thank god for SMS. What's the point of auth if you can get past it with SMS. Da gently caress lmao

I had to use an authenticator code from the old app. It was a weird convoluted process. But yeah SMS is how I prefer to handle this stuff instead of having yet another app on my phone that I will use maybe once a month.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Philthy posted:

Once you get logged in you should save the restore code and serial somewhere, I just emailed it to myself, that let me restore my authenticator to the new app.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

I said come in! posted:

I had to use an authenticator code from the old app. It was a weird convoluted process. But yeah SMS is how I prefer to handle this stuff instead of having yet another app on my phone that I will use maybe once a month.

And gawd forbid you buy a new phone. I did that and now none of my authenticators work properly.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

quote:

I just ordered my two chicken sandwiches and drove to pick them up. When it was my turn to drive up to the window I said "Two orders for [name]" to which the employee raised her eyebrow but went and got my orders. She said "we had to make one of them again because we weren't sure if it was a mistake ordering two under the same name". I chuckled at her confusion and explained in great length that diablo fans will be all ordering multiple sandwiches separately because that is how we will claim our sweet sweet game rewards. She kept looking at the line behind me and fidgeting around like it wasn't important. She didn't seem to know what diablo even is.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

So whatcha all playing for your class? I think I'm going Sorc because it seems to be the most straightforward. Rhykker said Rogue had the highest skill needed so it was out. Was thinking about doing necro but really I do like Wiz characters.....

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Sorc to start although it feels pretty weak compared to the hydra, chain lightning, and icy blades builds we had in the open betas.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Ah well. It's downloading now thankfully. I had no idea it released today for the billionaires.

I always go necro for every game that has it since D2 and EQ nailed them so well.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Probably gonna do Sorc. Rogue was kind of a hassle to play imo

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Im going necro because they are cool and good

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Mayveena posted:

So whatcha all playing for your class? I think I'm going Sorc because it seems to be the most straightforward. Rhykker said Rogue had the highest skill needed so it was out. Was thinking about doing necro but really I do like Wiz characters.....

Sorc to finish the campaign, farm a bit, then get powerleveled on a Druid so I can skip all the bad parts of playing Druid.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am a sucker for Druids and will always do Druid.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Actually yeah I'm just gonna do Necro because they look + are sick

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

One of the YouTubers was saying uniques are not rare at all and had gotten like 9+ by the time they were 80, so that 1-2 per season Blizzard said doesn't seem to be true

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

I am a sucker for Druids and will always do Druid.

This person knows what's up

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Probably also doing druid despite finding it pretty meh in the beta, lol. I just like the way the class looks and the transformations happening on command instead of switching in and out of wolf mode or whatever manually is actually a pretty neat way to do it.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Rookie numbers. My employer reports over 20000 cases in the last five years.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dysgenesis posted:

Rookie numbers. My employer reports over 20000 cases in the last five years.

Jesus, do you work at Arizona State University?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I said come in! posted:

UK NHS. To be fair the majority are patients abusing staff.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I said come in! posted:

If we have to go here, you're going to always have issues with harassment in the workplace. The question is how you respond to them and what you are doing to prevent them. They weren't doing much to prevent them, and their response was inadequate. Once MS takes over, Kotick will be gone and we can move on from this ugly situation hopefully.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Dysgenesis posted:

Why are you british

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At first I thought this was legit and didnt notice it was the hard drive, but also its not even remotely wrong.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dysgenesis posted:

Was hoping for a lucky guess. :P Kinda the same thing that happened at the university I attended. They ended up being investigated by the federal government for having an outrageously high number of reported sexual assaults. Significantly more than any other college campus in the country.

Mayveena posted:

If we have to go here, you're going to always have issues with harassment in the workplace. The question is how you respond to them and what you are doing to prevent them. They weren't doing much to prevent them, and their response was inadequate. Once MS takes over, Kotick will be gone and we can move on from this ugly situation hopefully.

Completely true. It feels like though that pretty much no company responds correctly, even though the bar is really low.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Mayveena posted:

And gawd forbid you buy a new phone. I did that and now none of my authenticators work properly.

I bought the fob about a month after the D3 release when stories were going around about people losing their accounts to hackers. That little thing is still on the same battery and I've managed to never lose it. It's going to die on me one of these days and I'm not looking forward to it.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
I am looking forward to playing this game.

I am playing druid.

I did not KFC because the lack of a red and white bucket helmet is a slap in the face.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Philthy posted:

For me (because I couldn't remember my password) it was a real treat, until I realized I could click past the notification on the old authenticator to get the code I needed to authenticate myself for the password reset.

Then I remembered my password and didn't need to reset it anyway.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I'll tell you what I tell my wife: Finishing as fast as possible is much more important than having fun.

yeah she told me you say that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
No one answered in the last thread when I asked this. Are there any builds/classes I should lean towards where you can just click anywhere and AOE just kills everything without having to actually click on an enemy? Better yet, the damage is basically just auto and you dont really have to click much at all. PoE had a few builds like this.