Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.
69 minutes until we get to go after Mommy Lillith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Books On Tape posted:

No one answered in the last thread when I asked this. Are there any builds/classes I should lean towards where you can just click anywhere and AOE just kills everything without having to actually click on an enemy? Better yet, the damage is basically just auto and you dont really have to click much at all. PoE had a few builds like this.

You more or less just described Necros with minions / curses / corpse explosion. "Paint the screen" builds don't seem to be a goal of D4 design.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

El Scandelouse posted:

69 minutes until we get to stare at a queue

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I'll tell you what I tell my wife: Finishing as fast as possible is much more important than having fun.

gotta watch all the cutscenes once because I’m never ever going to watch them again

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Books On Tape posted:

No one answered in the last thread when I asked this. Are there any builds/classes I should lean towards where you can just click anywhere and AOE just kills everything without having to actually click on an enemy? Better yet, the damage is basically just auto and you dont really have to click much at all. PoE had a few builds like this.

Caster Druid has basically no targeting and AoE.

Necromancer with blood nova/corpse explosion/bone spirit is another good one.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Kotick is a piece of poo poo, scummy as gently caress, it is known.

Also known is the horrid conditions of Blizzard for the last decade or two, it's not a place you want to work. The pay is terrible. They were able to coast on their reputation and even counted on that to get them people, but since the truth came out and the accusations and conditions made known they've taken some much deserved hits. Reports that come out of Blizzard these days says the turn over is horrible, often the devs got to prioritize things due to not having the man power to do what they intend to do thanks to people quitting.

Yeah for as bad as Kotick is and the negative influence he's brought, the culture at Blizzard was pretty poo poo overall even if he wasn't in the picture. You don't have drunk cubical crawls happening on the regular without the people in charge not having a clue this is happening. Things have needed to be corrected at Blizzard for ages. As with any such culture, the problem starts at the top and spreads down and becomes a thing.

That said I can't wait to play Diablo IV in an hour an half.

I've also ordered chicken twice today and will do the next three days twice to celebrate the fourth release.

Why twice you may ask?

Once for myself.
And once in honor for those who will not.
I salute you my fine feathered friends. You are delicious.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 1, 2023

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I'll tell you what I tell my wife: Finishing as fast as possible is much more important than having fun.

For the first run through the campaign at launch, that's not the way to do it.

For every ladder season subsequent? You're drat right.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

That sounds like whirlwind barb. You're going to miss ranged mobs, but like you can kill everything as you're running through the dungeon without targeting specifically.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

sponges posted:

Why are you british

The NHS employs 220,000 non British staff.

We do this to deprive their countries of origin of as many health professionals as possible.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

One hour to go until the thread fills with another hour's worth of complaints about Error 37!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

1 hour

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Installing this game on the xbox in my workout room. Gonna try to bike 40 miles while clicking demons tonight. (I will hit a busted server queue and instead watch a movie)

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

queeb posted:

One of the YouTubers was saying uniques are not rare at all and had gotten like 9+ by the time they were 80, so that 1-2 per season Blizzard said doesn't seem to be true

Good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you need something to do for the next hour, We Love Katamari Reroll is out now on Steam.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I said come in! posted:

If you need something to do for the next hour, We Love Katamari Reroll is out now on Steam.

gently caress yeah thank you

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

unless you're a streamer

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HopperUK posted:

gently caress yeah thank you

The hardest part of this game is skipping the intro song. its so good.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

heart says necro brain says sorc (tele > all) and I will spend the next 47 minutes waffling about it and sometimes posting about that waffling tyia

The Kripp summon necro guide was interesting, thanks for that tip whoever posted it earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfjsxiahxj0

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
The last Diablo came out 11 years ago. No, that can't be real....

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Hahaha, don't be silly. Diablo 3 came out a few years ago, with Diablo 2 releasing in... 2000...

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

5er posted:

One hour to go until the thread fills with another hour's worth of complaints about Error 37!

Speak not that, it is an ill omen.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Hm. Caster druid? Sorcerer again? I was committed to rogue, but now I'm having eleventh hour doubts.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

An entire generation on the edge of their seats hoping D4 makes up for the tragedy of D3 at launch

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Cant wait to play at exactly 4 pm today with no queue, hiccups or disconnects.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

sure okay posted:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sure okay posted:

Cant wait to play at exactly 7 pm today with no queue, hiccups or disconnects.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

sure okay posted:

Cant wait to play at exactly 4 pm a month from now with no queue, hiccups or disconnects.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

sure okay posted:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Looking forward to playing as my wolf druid man, Pissy John, aroooooooo

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

sure okay posted:

Let’s will it into existence.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Why is this thread title doxxing me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

30 minutes

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Time to warm up the wings

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

sure okay posted:

It’s gonna be super interesting! Apparently Blizzard added bots to the server slam to check load so MAYBE we’ll be playing by 6pm PDT🙂

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Charging for early access gives me more hope for a stable launch than anything else, it shouldn't definitely split the load

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

coelomate posted:

An entire generation on the edge of their seats hoping D4 makes up for the tragedy of D3 at launch

I still remember, deep down, that Italian hell

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
which # will the error be this time?

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
I'm going to spend an unreasonable amount of time on character creation

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Caster Druid has basically no targeting and AoE.

Necromancer with blood nova/corpse explosion/bone spirit is another good one.

a note to add to this is that bone spear is insanely strong and reliably applies vulnerable which is crucial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BULBASAUR posted:

which # will the error be this time?