Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lol the OP is removed but there are still comments getting buried in that post where definitely not Michael Elgin tries to debunk at length the accusations against Michael Elgin, who is definitely not Shin Shinnley

edit: holy poo poo there is a loving book written in there

Tweak fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 1, 2023

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OAi7-8vm9RU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

MassRafTer posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...nt=share_button

People on reddit seem to think this is Michael Elgin pretending to be a journalist. I don't understand why! He writes just like a journalist does.

I got 3 sentences in and thought "wtf is going on with this post". I'd totally buy that this is actually Elgin. Dude needs some help.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Michael Elgin to the internet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=906lPhQo9cA

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
please call me shin. mr shinnley was my father's name

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
his real name is mr...ekim, and he comes from...someplace far away!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
this is probably really good and very depressing

https://defector.com/in-american-indie-wrestling-bodies-are-cheap-and-healthcare-is-not

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

write to me
shin shinnley
p.o. box 963
new york city, new york state
michael elgin's great

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He interviews some really questionable people like Jarvis who claims he has been away from wrestling for mental health reasons when Jarvis himself screams over and over on twitter how he has been unfairly canceled and no one will book him because of that.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I go by Shin, as my last name is Shinnley

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
My name is Shinnley, and I love to shite

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Over my tenure in wrestling even though brief I attended many seminars, 1 seminar that stood out to me was a Michael Elgin seminar, it was so different than others that it encouraged me and a few others I had trained with to drive to Nashville from Michigan for the ROH 2014 Best In The World PPV where Elgin captured the ROH World Championship.

Driving ten hours to watch Michael Elgin is something only Michael Elgin would do.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Karma Tornado posted:

write to me
shin shinnley
p.o. box 963
michael elgin's great

lmao

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Karma Tornado posted:

write to me
shin shinnley
p.o. box 963
michael elgin's great

Extremely did not expect a Stick Stickly reference in 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

He interviews some really questionable people like Jarvis who claims he has been away from wrestling for mental health reasons when Jarvis himself screams over and over on twitter how he has been unfairly canceled and no one will book him because of that.

Eh, the overall point is valid though. Good article that was written by someone who obviously learned a lot about wrestling quickly. It's really an article about the American healthcare system using wrestling as it's framing.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

In order to balance out Takeshita turning heel, the rest of the DDT roster decide to dress as catboys

https://twitter.com/ddtproGOODS/status/1664150081778642944

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Lid posted:

I counted four deceased.

do careers count

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

i vouch for tim. he's strongly connected to the texas loop of indies and was one of the co-runners of PWR and was often around pre-show for wrestlecircus when it was a few of us and the owner and kevin condron.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MassRafTer posted:

He's actually one of their biggest rising stars. He sometimes guest hosts Gutfeld! so it's not unlikely he ends up hosting his own show in the near future, especially with the vacancy created by Tucker's removal. On any given day Gutfeld! is the #2 or #3 show on the network so right now he's really high visibility.

He was part of the Fox News Superbowl commercial this year (which played several times sigh) and even had his lovely belt with him.

My family knows I'm a wrestling fan and every time the commercial aired they looked at me as if I had some kind of explanation and I just had to be like :shrug:.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vandar posted:

He was part of the Fox News Superbowl commercial this year (which played several times sigh) and even had his lovely belt with him.

My family knows I'm a wrestling fan and every time the commercial aired they looked at me as if I had some kind of explanation and I just had to be like :shrug:.

He's the champion that's why he has a belt! Some wrestling fan if you can't explain that he is the champ and thus our favorite.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i vouch for tim. he's strongly connected to the texas loop of indies and was one of the co-runners of PWR and was often around pre-show for wrestlecircus when it was a few of us and the owner and kevin condron.

I don't think he's a bad guy or that the point of the article is wrong, just that Jarvis popping up and lying like that and Luigi Primo being heavily featured in a healthcare article when wrestling fans think he's anti vax (he's probably not) was weird.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah like that Colt Cabana fellow, I even hear he still shares a bank account with his mom.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Animale posted:

Yeah like that Colt Cabana fellow, I even hear he still shares a bank account with his mom.

I still don't get this as an insult. I have a bank account with my mom in case she becomes incapacitated and I need to pay for her medical care. Seems like something a loving parent and child would do

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It really is a tremendous reveal.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1664645787257561088

https://twitter.com/ShotimeDaRaptor/status/1664412420104675331

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Marty Scurll is in a really weird place where his wrestler friends seem to have all just let it ride, yet promoters (other than iirc Santino who walked it back after a backlash I think?) aren’t willing to do the same thing, where usually it’s carny promoters giving shitbags a pass and it’s up to the locker room to just live with it because it’s not their circus.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Marty Scurll is in a really weird place where his wrestler friends seem to have all just let it ride, yet promoters (other than iirc Santino who walked it back after a backlash I think?) aren’t willing to do the same thing, where usually it’s carny promoters giving shitbags a pass and it’s up to the locker room to just live with it because it’s not their circus.

He was getting a fair amount of work in Mexico and Europe but he's never getting another US job outside of random lucha themed indies.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

apophenium posted:

I still don't get this as an insult. I have a bank account with my mom in case she becomes incapacitated and I need to pay for her medical care. Seems like something a loving parent and child would do

I think the implication is that Colt was using his mom's bank account to shift money around, thinking it wouldn't be able to be seized as an asset in case of bankruptcy or as part of any judgement against him in a civil lawsuit, only to find out that the opposite was true when he sued Punk and then Punk countersued, hence him dropping his original lawsuit shortly afterwards. Now granted, I don't know any of this for sure, I'm just speculating here as to why someone sharing a bank account with their mom might be viewed as a negative thing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/ChefReactions/status/1664312748447080448

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Any time I've seen someone use any variation of "And you are?/Who are you" it's always someone who way overvalues themselves.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

It doesn’t seem like she actually follows Marty Scrull, though? Or she unfollowed him after this post got made I guess

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

xbilkis posted:

It doesn’t seem like she actually follows Marty Scrull, though? Or she unfollowed him after this post got made I guess

https://twitter.com/ShotimeDaRaptor/status/1664631237699420163

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the hell are you talking about

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

the hell are you talking about

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

uh what was revealed, must be missing something here

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

the escape goat posted:

uh what was revealed, must be missing something here
Ah the tweet was deleted.

https://twitter.com/stephdelander/

Steph DeLander an Australian indie wrestler and part of Cardona's act posted how there is no place in wrestling for predators. They then hid the reply about them following Marty Scurll, and deleted their original tweet when everyone noticed.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 2, 2023

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

well at least Marty is moving his average dating age up

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SG Bamboo posted:

In order to balance out Takeshita turning heel, the rest of the DDT roster decide to dress as catboys

https://twitter.com/ddtproGOODS/status/1664150081778642944

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

well at least Marty is moving his average dating age up

Considering he used to date Serena Deeb and now seems to be dating someone 10 years younger, it rather looks like he is moving down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/MiaYim/status/1664668843929661440