Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

This sounds joyless.

Well you pick the ones you want, I didn't pick them all.

And it can't be joyless when you have Zelda with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

EclecticTastes posted:

Mods are supposed to make a game better. :catstare:

I would NEVER skip Hestu's dance!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

This sounds joyless.

Oh yeah all the joy I feel spamming button to get past the 100th light seed dialogue

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
luckily you can toggle them individually, so you can turn off the lightroot animation while keeping hestu

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

luckily you can toggle them individually, so you can turn off the lightroot animation while keeping hestu

It makes fairies way quicker

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Barreft posted:

The baby talk he gives when he says Expand a band band, makes life worth living

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Grayshift posted:

Build yourself a weapon exclusively for killing lynels:

Root around Hyrule castle for a Royal Guard's Claymore (RG weapons have the 'Breaking Point' special effect, x2 damage when in red almost-broken state)
Break it immediately to trigger pristine versions spawning in the depths, go get one of those (not sure where)
Ground slam it until it turns red (activates the x2 from 'Breaking Point'), ground slam twice more to activate the extra x2 from last-hit status
Fuse a Modulga Jaw to it (+32), wear either the Radiant set bonus or Evil Spirit set bonus to double the damage yet again (Modulga Jaws are bone, and won't break unlike Gibdo bones)
Attack Up 3 food (x1.5)

The trick here is that weapons don't lose durability when bashing lynels in the back of the head, so you get that juicy x12 multiplier for every hit. Just don't use it for anything else, it will break in one swing. Kills lynels in a single mount.

That just leaves breaking the rock armor on those bastards. bomb arrows I guess

IME don't let this be the only method you know. These weapons are very nice and the gimmick fun but they've got a bad habit of doing jump attacks off the dismount which will destroy them despite your best efforts, and restarting means you've saved no time at all. As for the armor, if there's an easier method than multishot bow bombs I haven't found one.

The solution is the same as everything else, and it's to use the most grotesquely overpowered items in the game: Keese eyeballs. Just turtle up behind all the best armor you can get and hit that weak spot. If it's gloom, 1 gourmet meat, 1 golden apple, 3 sundelions - saw me through every gloom fight in the game and I did them all

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Is there any reason to cook meat with your sundelions? Gloom attacks don't care how many heart containers you have filled, they only take out your max hearts. If you don't get hit by the fireballs, gloom lynels will never do actual damage.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Is there any reason to cook meat with your sundelions? Gloom attacks don't care how many heart containers you have filled, they only take out your max hearts. If you don't get hit by the fireballs, gloom lynels will never do actual damage.

It's just nice having a dish that will first heal gloom and then heal the hearts lost to the gloom. You're topped up fully or close enough instead of waiting to get hit a few more times to fully utilize the 5 you burned making a dedicated dish then having to eat another meal anyway

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You also can't carry that many meals at once so being able to condense two into one is handy. It's me, I'm the guy who immediately made 30 baked apples meals early game expecting there to be no downside.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
even though they only heal ~75% as much as a cooked meal, good ol open-fire-cooked apples/mushrooms/fish/meat are great just for the fact that they stack in one inventory slot
(plus you don't have to sit through the cooking animation 20 times to roast 20 apples)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Phenotype posted:

Got through the Fire Temple last night. Really feel good about saving the Gorons from the crack epidemic and wish it were that easy in real life. Also not a big fan of my new Goron buddy. I'm pretty sure he's saying "I can do it!" but it really, really feels like he's yelling "why'd you do it??" very accusingly at me. (Actually, the Rito buddy kinda sucks too, made me feel like I'm guest-starring in an episode of DuckTales, but at least he's mostly shut up now that he's in ghost form.)

How do I go about getting the Master Sword? I haven't wanted to google it in case of spoilers, but I haven't even gotten a breadcrumb or anything yet, and I'm 2 temples in and explored quite a bit of the map now. I forget how it worked in BotW, but I thought I'd been pointed there by now but had been put off by the heart requirement.

e: gently caress I gotta go find the korok forest, don't i?

It took me quite a while to realize he wasn’t saying “why’d you do it?” like I had just killed his mom or something

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I actually watch the lightroot cutscene every time. It's pretty

BrokenLink
Apr 27, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

Does unfusing and fusing reset durability for weapons that haven’t turned red

A bit late, but fusion gives you access to a finite pool of extra durability, like 25 for most things and 5 for gerudo weapons, if the part breaks early, refusing doesn't restore the durability granted but it gives you access to what's left of the fuse bonus.
For example if you fused an item with 8 durability, it would begin to use the fused bonus and when it broke you would lose it until you put something else on which would only add the 17 remaining fused durability bonus and so on.
The only way to repair an item is to feed it to a rock octorok, for special weapons like the former dlc weapons and the champion stuff you have to fuse those to something else first, feed them to the 'rok, and then pop them off at tarrey town.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Aww man the Hedra background music uses a slow variation of the Dragonroost Island theme from Wind Waker. That's just sweet.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is the all-shrines reward worth getting or nah?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Is the all-shrines reward worth getting or nah?

I'd say so unless you just don't like doing shrines and still have a bunch left, it's definitely not what I was expecting at least

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Barreft posted:

Well... okay then, I GUESS.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Epic High Five posted:

I'd say so unless you just don't like doing shrines and still have a bunch left, it's definitely not what I was expecting at least

Oh noes here we goesss

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Quick question, Link started with 30 hearts and it looks like you can reach up to 40.

Once you get to the 31st heart does it change the text message? Cause the current one mentioned something about restoring you from the damage of gloom. So I'm curious once you pass the original value if it says something different

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Quick question, Link started with 30 hearts and it looks like you can reach up to 40.

Once you get to the 31st heart does it change the text message? Cause the current one mentioned something about restoring you from the damage of gloom. So I'm curious once you pass the original value if it says something different

I was hoping it would, but no it doesn't.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm at the point where I have done everything in the main plot and ready to take on the final challenge, but I think I should at least get Link one heart more powerful than he was to start and all three stamina bars, which means getting about 44 more shrines. That and finish the Yiga quest line

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I've been going at a slower pace than most of you, I'm only at like 90 hours into the game, I spent a lot of time unlocking all the light roots but one. I've done 3 of the temples, and I thought I was aware of how far into the game I am, so I've started to become a lot more loose with reading some of the spoilers in this thread, only to realize that there is a hell of a lot that I still have not yet done in the game.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Ganon can wait honestly. Having a good time doing side stuff and if I need to I’ll do 4 shrines at a time for a heart .

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Nihonniboku posted:

I've been going at a slower pace than most of you, I'm only at like 90 hours into the game

:chord:

Just kidding about the smugness, I'm legitimately curious where people are at three weeks in minus a couple hours. Here's my current stats, I've been pushing sidequests and depths exploration/batteries for the last week or so, and picking up shrines that come out of those.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/MykroftSa/status/1664460879948300288?s=20

Whelp, finished all the shrines. I think I’m pretty much ready for the final fight but I might spend a bit of time finishing some armor upgrades and doing some low effort koroks.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

sonatinas posted:

Ganon can wait honestly. Having a good time doing side stuff and if I need to I’ll do 4 shrines at a time for a heart .

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Ganon can wait honestly

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Mykroft posted:

https://twitter.com/MykroftSa/status/1664460879948300288?s=20

Whelp, finished all the shrines. I think I’m pretty much ready for the final fight but I might spend a bit of time finishing some armor upgrades and doing some low effort koroks.

Not two symmetrical lines? Lame

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Hestu should have a different dance for every slot imo

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
it is genuinely painful how long a bunch of the animations are. and it definitely shapes my gameplay style, like I never turn in anything to shrines if I have only 4 light/wills, and I never get a mix of health and stamina on any visit just to minimize the time I waste on that slow heart fall

the end of shrine one I don't need to see more than once either

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7239481152652807429

Absolute serial killers being exposed

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
I don't know if it's tied to progression or random, but all the Talos's in my game now have their crystal weak spot on their side, not on top, so you can't hit it while on top of them, and you can't hit it from the ground, and there's no flat part to stage on to hit it. Are you just supposed to shoot it now?

Edit: new dupe takes a couple extra steps and costs 40 rupees per dupe, and is a lot slower than the glider for bulk, but also Just straight up duplicates any weapon now which is nice

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 2, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7239429091768716586

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

loving how

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PageMaster posted:

I don't know if it's tied to progression or random, but all the Talos's in my game now have their crystal weak spot on their side, not on top, so you can't hit it while on top of them, and you can't hit it from the ground, and there's no flat part to stage on to hit it. Are you just supposed to shoot it now?

I just found one that has its crystal on top, exactly as you'd expect.

Well yes, it is made out of magma so you can't actually stand on it without taking constant damage, but that's outside the scope of the original statement

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

PageMaster posted:

I just fought one where it was on the side, and while it was a little tough, there was a spot where I could stand on the edge of the head, and still hit it on the side. Fell off more easily, but I'd just ascend right back again.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You can stand on the side-crystal and just mash attack, which Link will aim downwards. It's a bit finicky to do without sliding off or accidentally clinging to the Talus body, but once you're there you can whack it at your leisure until it does the dog shake, same as the top crystal.

TK-42-1 posted:

loving how

I believe they had a number of Zonai capsules in their inventory, which they took out and then fused together with Ultrahand.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1664278115676454915?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
What are the best places with metal sheets and spike walls that I can play with? I'd rather it not be in a shrine so that I can take out zonai parts as needed; smuggling panels out of shrines is effort and if I just construct them from air disassembling efficiently will be a hassle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

PageMaster posted:

Edit: new dupe takes a couple extra steps and costs 40 rupees per dupe, and is a lot slower than the glider for bulk, but also Just straight up duplicates any weapon now which is nice

I just stand on the crystal and whack my own foothold to pieces like a non-OSHA-compliant contractor.