Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cody having seen vince feed an uncountable number of wrestlers to brock to satiate his hunger decided that wouldnt happen to him because he's a rhodes not realizing that vince may very well love humiliating the rhodes more than anyone else
the only surprising thing about cody's booking in wwe is that they didnt sign goldust and have him get killed by brock too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yet anyway theres still time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

the only surprising thing about cody's booking in wwe is that they didnt sign goldust and have him get killed by brock too

His AEW deal expires after next month, perfect timing tbh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

long term storytelling

bartok
May 10, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

His AEW deal expires after next month, perfect timing tbh

I hope he stays in AEW because Dustin is still kicking rear end at 54 and I always hated the Goldust character.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

He’s got the look to be their mascot

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

bartok posted:

I hope he stays in AEW because Dustin is still kicking rear end at 54 and I always hated the Goldust character.

Counterpoint:

bartok
May 10, 2006

I started watching WWF during the beginning of the New Gen era but was always more of a WCW kid. I originally hated Goldust because I was a fan of The Natural but also the homophobic stuff was awful and while I didn't fully understand it I knew enough to be embarrassed by it. The comedy stuff Goldust did later was fine but it's hard for me to forget the crowd chanting the "F slur" during a lovely match against Razor Ramon back in the day.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bartok posted:

I started watching WWF during the beginning of the New Gen era but was always more of a WCW kid. I originally hated Goldust because I was a fan of The Natural but also the homophobic stuff was awful and while I didn't fully understand it I knew enough to be embarrassed by it. The comedy stuff Goldust did later was fine but it's hard for me to forget the crowd chanting the "F slur" during a lovely match against Razor Ramon back in the day.

Not to mention the time Jerry Lawler also called him the F-slur in a promo. Or, I think more accurately, asked if he was one. A shining time!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1663945935855001605?s=20

cody has to work that much just in june alone except no belt, no greatest storyline in wrestling, and no god mode

lol cody, but also goddamn this is brutal. Start the month with 4 daily shows, then weekly show until the last week of the month where you do one tv show, fly to the UK and do 3 shows in a row.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MorningMoon posted:

lol cody, but also goddamn this is brutal. Start the month with 4 daily shows, then weekly show until the last week of the month where you do one tv show, fly to the UK and do 3 shows in a row.

he knew what he signed up for

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Ganso Bomb posted:

Not to mention the time Jerry Lawler also called him the F-slur in a promo. Or, I think more accurately, asked if he was one. A shining time!

Lawler asked him if he was queer and Goldust said no which got a big babyface pop from the crowd :negative:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like the Goldust character in theory where he's would be kind of like Ziggy Stardust. But yeah the homophobic stuff sticks out like a sore thumb now.

Modern Goldust is just Dustin wearing the costume and using the name but other than that barely has any connection to the original gimmick.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the gay panic stuff was wrong and not funny. the tourettes gimmick was wrong, and yet..............

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Seams posted:

Lawler asked him if he was queer and Goldust said no which got a big babyface pop from the crowd :negative:

Hm, maybe I'm remembering another incident then because I feel like I 100% remember Lawler using that specific word.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

these events both occurred.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MorningMoon posted:

oh no, the guy making millions has to work 3-4 days in a row

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Astro7x posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Astro7x posted:

actually he has to travel around the world on an exhausting schedule and get dropped on his head a lot and then at the end of it all brock lesnar will kill him

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

actually he has to travel around the world on an exhausting schedule and get dropped on his head a lot and then at the end of it all brock lesnar will kill him

Also he chose this instead of being the chill vp of his own company

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

projecthalaxy posted:

cody understands that the booker holds the most power

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cody understands that the booker holds the most power

So why did he go back to working for vince

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

"my daddy"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

rotinaj posted:

booker t is there

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

rotinaj posted:

he wanted an all expenses paid trip to saudi arabia

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Couldn't take the boos

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

booker t is there

I respect you, booker man

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Imagine being British

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

do we have to?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Ganso Bomb posted:

Hm, maybe I'm remembering another incident then because I feel like I 100% remember Lawler using that specific word.

No, you remember right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgwRIP3dQU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Tweak posted:

do we have to?

QoP doesnt

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Today I learned from Behind the Bastards that Pat Patterson is a child molester and Vince didn’t care.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

Today I learned from Behind the Bastards that Pat Patterson is a child molester and Vince didn’t care.

If that's the Ring Boy scandal stuff for Pat than the accusations against Pat have been mostly discredited and it's generally believed he wasn't involved. Pat's probably guilty of a lot of bad stuff but is innocent here

Vince otoh did ignore the ring boy scandal and rehired Mel Philips even though he knew Mel was involved in it

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Yeah - Behind the Bastards spent a solid 20 minutes on that.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Imagine being British

Ew.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

No, his combined vp & wrestling contract wasn't extended unlike Kenny and the Bucks', and he and Tony didn't come to an arrangement on something new.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

A new championship belt could be unveiled soon in WWE.

While it hasn't been announced yet, and is subject to change, Fightful Select has learned that at least as of Thursday evening, there were plans on the June 2 WWE Smackdown for Roman Reigns to have a 1,000 Day Celebration for his Universal Title run.

We're told that as of that creative, there were also memos that mentioned "New WWE Universal Championship" on it. There is set to be a podium, where the "New WWE Universal Championship" would be unveiled to the world.

We're told that the presentation was mentioned as resembling when The Rock unveiled the new WWE Championship back in 2013.

Please note that all creative is subject to change, and this is based on internal discussions and memos within the company.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That's big dog style

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So they reveal the new belt, call it the WWE Universal Championship for a while, then they'll drop Universal and it'll just go back to being the WWE Championship then in about five years they'll unify the WWE Championship with the World Heavyweight Championship....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MJeff posted:

So they reveal the new belt, call it the WWE Universal Championship for a while, then they'll drop Universal and it'll just go back to being the WWE Championship then in about five years they'll unify the WWE Championship with the World Heavyweight Championship....

And that'll mark the halfway point in the journey of Butch turning back into Pete Dunne