Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://twitter.com/BarbarenDave/status/1664165234422980608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: gay all year round, son

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Somehow, Salami getting White Chain's gender wrong even as he's trying to be LBGT supportive is perfectly in character.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1664357603814567936

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the main lame thing about Homestuck is that literally none of the stuff that "came out of homestuck" has had the slightest interest in building on the kind of formal experimentation it was attempting, and that was literally the only interesting thing about Homestuck. Take that away and what's left is a fixation on childhood and videogames and the videogames of one's childhood, which isn't "new sincerity" or whatever it's just millennials trying to crawl back into the womb again. KSBD isn't a response to some great nihilist cultural moment the world's walked away from, it's a very straightforward well-crafted action-fantasy comic that would've fit in comfortably with 2000AD or Conan stuff decades ago, and thankfully despite originating on Hussie's forum basically proceeds as though Homestuck et al. never existed.

also there's the slight morrowind influence which is literally decades ago

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Bilirubin posted:

Plus you would have missed the apotheosis of Homestuck: Pony Pals

Thank you. I had forgotten this. Anyone who never got that far, you really need to check out this page and three that follow; it's basically the furthest human artistic development has yet to develop. https://www.homestuck.com/story/4438

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Concerning

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Omobono posted:

Somehow, Salami getting White Chain's gender wrong even as he's trying to be LBGT supportive is perfectly in character.

All he wants is one son who isn't a huge disappointment. White chain is the closest he will ever get.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So it is written.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

https://twitter.com/TheNamelessJan/status/1664358218724782083

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Working on it

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

dingo with a joint posted:

Thank you. I had forgotten this. Anyone who never got that far, you really need to check out this page and three that follow; it's basically the furthest human artistic development has yet to develop. https://www.homestuck.com/story/4438

HELL loving YES

and then go check out the tumblr in which some ABSOLUTE MADMAN (Hussie?) completed the entire book. https://detective-pony.tumblr.com/tagged/page/chrono

I have never laughed so hard at a Jean Betancourt book in my life

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Glad to have the thread back on track.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Potato Salad posted:

Working on it

Concerning

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
god dammit im such a loving simpleton this made me crack up

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That comment underneath just completes it :allears:.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Magnificent!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

"that's not blood! thats not blood!!", i continue to insist as my face slowly shrinks and transforms into a gog-agog

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Charlie Kirk!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Omobono posted:

Although it is a notable little detail that even before she transformed Solomon goes out of his way to avoid addressing White Chain with gendered terms, he seemed to have noticed something was different from the usual assumed-male-angels and was respecting that.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

be a good ally or answer to square angel

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
misogynistic trans ally solomon davis. say you're a woman, and by god he'll disrespect you as a woman

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Soloman Davis go on Cumtown.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Solomon David: "Merely being a lesser person is not illegal under my law"

White Chain "What about being a woman?"

Solomon "Did I stutter"

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

misogynistic trans ally solomon davis. say you're a woman, and by god he'll disrespect you as a woman

Trans Inclusive Radical Misogyny.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 3, 2023

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

skaianDestiny posted:

Tran Inclusive Radical Misogyny.

Gods dammit don't manifest that in this horrible universe!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

mycomancy posted:

Gods dammit don't manifest that in this horrible universe!

already exists, dont worry

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_rights_in_Iran

e: I also wanted to ask, I fell off following the comic after the big fight of Book 5. I'm a little confused about why there is a refuge not rapidly conquered - what is holding Jagganoth back? He's supposed to be this avatar of megadestruction right?

ronya fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 3, 2023

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

ronya posted:

e: I also wanted to ask, I fell off following the comic after the big fight of Book 5. I'm a little confused about why there is a refuge not rapidly conquered - what is holding Jagganoth back? He's supposed to be this avatar of megadestruction right?

He's still stuck in the same big black ball Solomon trapped him in at the end of said big fight, though it's implied it's only a matter of time until he gets out. Incubus is the one leading Jagganoth's armies for now and the multiverse is big so it's not an immediate conquest.

Though I'm not sure if the opposition has much in the way of leaders. Mottom and Mammon are dead, Solomon is either dead or stuck holding back Jagganoth, that leaves Gog and Jadis, neither of which have shown much will to actually fight.

Then among Allison's allies you have White Chain (who supposedly lost the War for Rayuba), Zaid, Nyave, Princess and probably Maya.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

YaketySass posted:

He's still stuck in the same big black ball Solomon trapped him in at the end of said big fight, though it's implied it's only a matter of time until he gets out. Incubus is the one leading Jagganoth's armies for now and the multiverse is big so it's not an immediate conquest.

Though I'm not sure if the opposition has much in the way of leaders. Mottom and Mammon are dead, Solomon is either dead or stuck holding back Jagganoth, that leaves Gog and Jadis, neither of which have shown much will to actually fight.

Then among Allison's allies you have White Chain (who supposedly lost the War for Rayuba), Zaid, Nyave, Princess and probably Maya.

Did we ever find out what happened to the pursuers? They could be allies if any of them happened to survive Rayuba. It would fit the material they are based from anyways, with the band of 108 outlaws coming together under someone's banner to fight for a cause and all that.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hello. I stopped reading this (for a second time) shortly after the start of Breaker of Infinities because it was so rad that I wanted to be able to do the rest of it all in one go. unfortunately the pyf comics thread's drip-feed has tempted me back prematurely, I have once more devoured all that is available, and I am again waiting impatiently for the rest like a truly magnificent idiot.

my main question is this. did we ever get a full explanation on the course of cio's existence between key-stealing yabalchoath and having a lovely gig at a flesh market as cio? like, I've gone to the wiki to check and I do remember reading the explanation that praman nand reassembled her mask and resummoned her. but did her demon husband, who I would have assumed is not an expert on sodas, do the actual naming? is it a cosmic coincidence? do the inhabitants of throne know about coca-cola?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I'm sure Coke is one of those stable universal meta-constants that every universe has, like alcohol or Betty White.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Iirc coincidence because devilish is a cursed tongue

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The real question is why Earth has a cola named after a devil

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tenebrais posted:

Allison travelled through time and named her favorite soft drink after the love of her life. What goes together better than rum and coke after all?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Tenebrais posted:

why do you think it's black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer