Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
I guess if you’re a dumb poo poo with no actual ideas it’s a great idea to tweet one liner nonsense and just let your stans read into it however they want, but I’m not sure Elon has that kind of self awareness.

It’s been real funny watching Elon think he can thread the needle of keeping the chuds and his advertisers happy and just keep walking into rakes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What’s it like being sealioned Elon? WHAT’S IT LIKE??

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Was about to write a post about how you'd think one of the benefits of being a billionaire is that you can easily just ignore people and there's never any onus on you to answer them, but then I remembered Elon's primary character flaw of needing to be loved.

If you are desperate for easy affection, chuds are sensible target because you only have to learn one joke and they'll never require you to improve as a person. In fact judging from the reaction people had to the iDubbbz apology they'll actively resent you for it if you do.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Renreeja posted:

How long till being rightly called a "pedo" to them is same as being called a racist. I guess now? Im sure theres alot of guys on twitter right now who do nothing but tweet very strong opinions on the subject

Well see they aren’t pedophiles because they want to conceive as many children as possible with children because that is just biology. Also the term isn’t pedos, it’s ephebos

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

this is the most pathetic attempt at spin i've ever seen lmao

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Sentient Data posted:

I'm hearing people say it's due to bills or a broken system, but I'm betting the translation engine is actually turned off because pride month just started and he got orders from overseas

Twitter doesn't do the translation so it's almost certainly unpaid bills

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Epic episode!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ImagesOOC/status/1664455030022209539

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah throw your advertisers under the bus by implying it was their decision to have Twitter flag the video, I’m sure that’ll bring them back.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Was about to write a post about how you'd think one of the benefits of being a billionaire is that you can easily just ignore people and there's never any onus on you to answer them, but then I remembered Elon's primary character flaw of needing to be loved.

If you are desperate for easy affection, chuds are sensible target because you only have to learn one joke and they'll never require you to improve as a person. In fact judging from the reaction people had to the iDubbbz apology they'll actively resent you for it if you do.

It's not even needing to be loved, it's wanting to be loved by all for his posting skills. Which is kind of impossible because I feel like the more you want that the harder it is to get it.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bobjr posted:

It's not even needing to be loved, it's wanting to be loved by all for his posting skills. Which is kind of impossible because I feel like the more you want that the harder it is to get it.
Elon Musk is obsessed with a very specific pop culture image. The idea of a witty, know-it-all nerd who's a bit of an rear end in a top hat sometimes but is always right, and is funny even when he's being a bit of a dick. His power fantasy isn't just having people respect him, or love him - he wants to be a mix of Bender, Stewie, and Sheldon off of Big Bang Theory. He wants to be what idiots thought Rick Sanchez was. A normal person fantasizes about people laughing at their jokes and going 'good one,' Elon fantasizes about tearing something down, seeing things other people don't see, and pointing it out in a way that makes people laugh as they realize the truth.

That's why he's always posting 'interesting' or 'eyes emoji.' That's why he's obsessed with going one way when everyone around him expects him to go another and when he's told him he's going that way. This is a grown man who's greatest fantasy in life is being the snarky guy on a 1990s internet forum. He's like a guy that would have tried to post in FYAD and gotten made fun of.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

video froze 8 seconds in.

elon: new anti-piracy video feature. its applied to all videos!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
has Barbra Streisand ever commented on a vocab word being named after her and there might be a coin flip chance that the vocab word could outlive and overshadow her music legacy?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Strong Sauce posted:

video froze 8 seconds in.

elon: new anti-piracy video feature. its applied to all videos!

Maybe you shouldn't be trying to view copyrighted material?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Seems to be working fine for me. I'm in Canada though. A lot of the time when you guys in the thread are saying twitter is down / not working / slow / whatever it seems fine for me. I guess its different servers

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Seems to be working fine for me. I'm in Canada though. A lot of the time when you guys in the thread are saying twitter is down / not working / slow / whatever it seems fine for me. I guess its different servers

Musk is clearly a Canadian sleeper agent showing his favoritism.

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

big black turnout posted:

Don't remember if I saw it here or somewhere else but someone posted translation was powered by bing. Musk not paying Gates definitely checks out.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/kyliebytes/status/1664414202969358336

concerning

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

That 2 Fast video works perfectly for me but usually Twitter videos are hosed up in the Awful app on mobile. Like, just short 2 minute videos hang for me.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Endorph posted:

Elon Musk is obsessed with a very specific pop culture image. The idea of a witty, know-it-all nerd who's a bit of an rear end in a top hat sometimes but is always right, and is funny even when he's being a bit of a dick. His power fantasy isn't just having people respect him, or love him - he wants to be a mix of Bender, Stewie, and Sheldon off of Big Bang Theory. He wants to be what idiots thought Rick Sanchez was. A normal person fantasizes about people laughing at their jokes and going 'good one,' Elon fantasizes about tearing something down, seeing things other people don't see, and pointing it out in a way that makes people laugh as they realize the truth.

That's why he's always posting 'interesting' or 'eyes emoji.' That's why he's obsessed with going one way when everyone around him expects him to go another and when he's told him he's going that way. This is a grown man who's greatest fantasy in life is being the snarky guy on a 1990s internet forum. He's like a guy that would have tried to post in FYAD and gotten made fun of.

I work with a guy like this and in the last few months he's managed to piss of everyone on my team, everyone in HR, everyone in IT and is now working on pissing off the C-suite, which I'm sure is going to go well for him.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
So the new Street Fighter game starts off with some Elon dickriding

Fantastic

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

...! posted:

Fantastic

eh?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Elon pulled his dick out on me at a party and I broke his heart, literally.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

...! posted:

Fantastic

Good

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

cracker posted:

Don't remember if I saw it here or somewhere else but someone posted translation was powered by bing. Musk not paying Gates definitely checks out.

Oh, you don't wanna mess with Bill Gates!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Oh, you don't wanna mess with Bill Gates!

Why? He’s just a stupid little nerd you can shove around whenever you want. :shrug:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

big black turnout posted:

Bing was doing the translation, and Elon is suing Microsoft.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

He was Josh Duggar's best friend and went to bat for him about how unfairly he was treated after he was convicted of being a serial child molester. You do the math on that one.

:lol: :stonklol:

Wait gently caress me Matt Walsh is friends with that loving disgusting monster?

"Beware of Groomers, age of consent is fake" Walsh?

Holy poo poo loving what

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 2, 2023

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Why? He’s just a stupid little nerd you can shove around whenever you want. :shrug:

He'll put microchips in your brain!!

...Ah wait. poo poo

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

Fuckimg no way

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mx. posted:

He'll put microchips in your brain!!

...Ah wait. poo poo

A cumsock says what? :thunkin:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:lol: irl

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I watched 2001: a Space Odyssey in a real big theatre with a great sound system and I couldn’t help but think of how Musk’s takeaway from the movie would inevitably boil down to “lol a singing robot”.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

...! posted:

Fantastic

In what way?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

BigglesSWE posted:

I watched 2001: a Space Odyssey in a real big theatre with a great sound system and I couldn’t help but think of how Musk’s takeaway from the movie would inevitably boil down to “lol a singing robot”.

Legit lol

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Samovar posted:

In what way?

Elon rides a giant dick in the opening credits

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Elon rides a giant dick in the opening credits

Is it Catturd's?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

near as i can tell what that guy is referring to is the intro speech talking about the modern day by saying 'we've got self-driving cars, give it some time and we'll be riding rockets to mars'

both of which are not things elon invented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Endorph posted:

near as i can tell what that guy is referring to is the intro speech talking about the modern day by saying 'we've got self-driving cars, give it some time and we'll be riding rockets to mars'

both of which are not things elon invented

True