Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sources at the scene were concerned for Cutler's safety as he took a seven step stop before firing

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

IcePhoenix posted:

Sources at the scene were concerned for Cutler's safety as he took a seven step stop before firing

Oh so self defense

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Third times a charm so I just want to congratulate the 2028 superbowl champion Green Bay Packers and Jordan Love

Wait that doesn’t make sense, leaving it

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern women's lacrosse.

congrats to them on ending their decade of failure

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I wasn't gonna say anything, but I appreciate you

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/colton_pouncy/status/1664294546337853443?t=SMQ0m00AHInmuj10bZEnEw&s=19

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sataere posted:

I wasn't gonna say anything, but I appreciate you

cowardly edit imo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I really hope this team doesn't suck.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Parallelwoody posted:

I really hope this team doesn't suck.

Same.

50% of me is full of vim and vigor and confident poo poo talking, and the other 50% of me is full of anxiety and terror about the other shoe dropping because that’s basically all i’ve ever known.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Gonz posted:

Same.

50% of me is full of vim and vigor and confident poo poo talking, and the other 50% of me is full of anxiety and terror about the other shoe dropping because that’s basically all i’ve ever known.

You really should be used to it by now. A seasoned veteran walking through a battlefield like its a walk in the park.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Exactly, I'm pretty optimistic about the Lions this year but even then it's still half-hearted. Because I know, I KNOW

That said, if the Lions win a playoff game I'll become loving insufferable...

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
If the Lions win a championship I will reach levels of ecstasy previously known only to dolphins

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
If the Lions win a championship I will be happy for Lions fans.

If the Vikings or Bears (lol) win gently caress them forever.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

That's right

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Lol isnt that just normal? Regardless of wins?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

ZombieCrew posted:

Lol isnt that just normal? Regardless of wins?

Maybe. I'm more or less indifferent to Vikings or Bears wins, but if they win it all, that's just not acceptable.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm looking forward to hating the Lions as a proper rival. Bring it

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The Vikings are well overdue for a SB win.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Lions gotta be the most likable team in the nfl right now. Rooting for you guys

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Every team but the bears can go to hell!!!! Except the packers they can go to super hell.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

Except the packers they can go to super hell.

:rock::hellyeah::rock:

Super hell is the most bad-assed hell!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

:rock::hellyeah::rock:

Super hell is the most bad-assed hell!

Hail Santa

e: gently caress it I'm keeping it

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Growing up in the UP, my experience with packers fans can be summarized in this anecdote:

On a Sunday, my few Lions fan friends and I went to the new Buffalo Wild Wings in Marquette (chain eateries reinforce that the UP is a real place). The packers had a bye, so the only game anyone would reasonably watch was the Lions.

A table full of drunk packers fans, wearing jerseys, loudly cheered against the Lions and were huge assholes to everyone including the staff.

They lost the game. It was 2012, the lions went 4 and 12. The packers fans gloated and yelled at us. They’re what I imagine when people talk about packers fans.

Thanks for not being those packers fans, thread people.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Super Hell is where Tim Curry from Legend lives.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Ugh typical packers fans taking our hatred in stride and being charmingly self deprecating, drives me bonkers

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Gonz posted:

Super Hell is where Tim Curry from Legend lives.

Would. :awesome:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I loathe the Green Bay Packers on a subatomic level, but yeah, Packers fans ITT are pretty cool and nice.

I am ambivalent about the Vikings and Bears, which is also possibly how Vikings and Bears fans feel about the Vikings and Bears.

This thread remains one of my favorites here on Something Awful Dot Com.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gonz posted:

Same.

Just make sure you know how to quit vim, trips a lot of people up

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

My Packers fan reference is a co-worker who told me before their playoff game in 2013, when they rematched the 49ers after Clay Matthews put a late hit on Colin Kaepernick in their regular season game, that she hoped Matthews would break Kaep's leg this time

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Vikings and Lions have such a defeatism in their fan base that they are tolerable. They are just waiting for the bad thing to occur. Bears fans have it too but it only comes out generally AFTER the bad thing. Right up to that point is just pure delusion and that by far makes them the worst fan base in the division to deal with.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
As a bears/chargers/rob lowe fan I hope the lions win it all soon. The vikings can win one in a couple decades after general regular season success and some hilarious postseason flameouts. Packers get another hall of fame qb in love or whoever else but only get one super bowl in two decades. idk about the bears, prolly substandard qb play for a while but my prognostication skills fail me at this point. Anyways, we all now have a trophy so that’s cool

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'm a Vikings fan and never expect them to win a SB. There's a reason one of the big Vikings podcasts (Purple Daily/Skor North) has the mission statement "we just want the Vikings to win a Superbowl before we die".

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pontius Pilate posted:

The vikings can win one in a couple decades after general regular season success and some hilarious postseason flameouts.

By this logic the vikings are about 30 years past due

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The Lions winning a Super Bowl is the final pro sports Infinity Stone for me.

I’ve seen:

The Tigers win a World Series
The Pistons win 3 NBA titles
The Red Wings win 4 Stanley Cups

I’ve seen the Lions win….one playoff game.

The Browns have won 5 playoff games in that same timespan.

As i’ve said before on here, if the Lions ever won the NFC, I wouldn’t be able to watch the Super Bowl. I’d go up north to Flagstaff and rent a rowboat and go out on a lake for 5 hours, away from all forms of electronic communication. There’s literally no way my mind could handle watching the Super Bowl.

If they managed to actually win it, i’d need an oxygen mask due to hyperventilating. It would be an out of body experience. I’d start quoting Jodie Foster in Contact about how there are no words and that they should’ve sent a poet to describe such a sight.

I’d immediately book a flight back to Michigan to be part of the sea of humanity that would line the entirety of Woodward Avenue for the championship parade. There’d probably be 5 million people, minimum. Half the state would call in sick from work.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I would also immediately be filled with an overwhelming sense of existential dread, in a “I just watched the seventh seal get broken and now the Book of Revelation can be fulfilled” sort of way.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Seriously, we saw what happened when the Cubs won a World Series, do we really want the Lions winning a Super Bowl?

Not worth the risk. :colbert:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

If they won just ONE Lombardi Trophy, I would forfeit my right to complain about them for the rest of my life.

They could go 0 for the next 25 years and I wouldn’t give a poo poo because I would be playing with nothing but house money from then on out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

If the Vikings won the super bowl I would be released from the need to watch football forever, I would love that