Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Are other people not getting insane lag right now on PC? Takes a few seconds before an NPC conversation loads when I click on them, my character keeps teleporting everywhere, etc. -- it's pretty unplayable but I'm confused because it doesn't seem to be the norm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Level 14 and having a good time throwing ice orbs at demons. Turns out when you left click or right click, the demons die.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
argh I went against my code of not buying 70 dollar games or pre-ordering games at the same time :negative:

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

I clicked on the monster and the monster died.

10/10 would click again.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Make sure to keep us all in the loop about what level you currently are, everyone. This is thrilling stuff.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I somehow can't figure out how to send a message to somebody for a guild invite. what am i missing

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I did not want to get this game but the bros are all getting it. we haven’t had a game that united the old squad since loving New World so I guess this is happening.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got to the act 2 end boss, killed it but the game broke and the fight wont actually end even though the boss is dead.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Currently fulfilling all my big daddy bear fantasies. Druid owns.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Cult of Ythrl <YTHRL> also has room. It’s private so I’m not sure if that means you can enter the tag or not. If not I’ll make it public tomorrow.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

what am I missing? it said pre order and play now but I downloaded it and it says I can't play till the 6th?

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

I'm level 45 already because I watched 30 hours of kripparian optimal levelling route videos and downloaded the mobacrafters build overlay to most optimally pick my skills for me within 1% of optimal power. So far nothing has been on screen for more than half a second (thanks CraftafarianYT for the tip about world tier. World tier 2 is a total noob trap) and I'm craving for "end game" so completely and soulfully I can feel myself weep as I meticulously route to every Lilith statue on the path being done with the 'campaign'

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Was going to do all the side quests, exploration, etc in between doing the campaign but then I realized all this side stuff can be done after beating the campaign and reaching WT3 aka endgame.

runaway dog posted:

what am I missing? it said pre order and play now but I downloaded it and it says I can't play till the 6th?

you need to pre-order the deluxe or ultimate edition. the standard edition has no early access

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

runaway dog posted:

You had to have bought the deluxe edition.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

That sounds like … not my jam.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I said come in! posted:

You had to have bought the deluxe edition.

i....see

I mean admittedly I didn't follow the news of this game religiously or anything, but I did follow it, and I'm usually pretty good at finding out info like this, but I didn't hear that you had to buy the more expensive edition for early access anywhere, and even now I go onto the bnet launcher and click the "pre order to play now" and it takes me to the 3 editions with their checks in their boxes telling you what each edition gives you and it doesn't say anything about early access, even my friend who's like a no life super nerd was surprised when I told him just now.

edit: nevermind it says it right at the drat top wtc how did I somehow miss this whole thing

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 2, 2023

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Watching SkillUp's review and I'm so depressed. His review took care of my concern about the GaS crap by talking about the massive amount of content in the campaign but his description of the super-aggressive level scaling has managed to kill all my interest. A key element in this kind of game, for me at least, is that stair step of progression; fighting your way up against largely matched bad guys until you level up or find that awesome item that, for a short time at least, makes you feel truly powerful and able to beat the poo poo out of the game until you once again plateau and have start working again. If the game is all plateau, nope.

poo poo.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Watching SkillUp's review and I'm so depressed. His review took care of my concern about the GaS crap by talking about the massive amount of content in the campaign but his description of the super-aggressive level scaling has managed to kill all my interest. A key element in this kind of game, for me at least, is that stair step of progression; fighting your way up against largely matched bad guys until you level up or find that awesome item that, for a short time at least, makes you feel truly powerful and able to beat the poo poo out of the game until you once again plateau and have start working again. If the game is all plateau, nope.

poo poo.

the game is fun, stop thinking about it too hard

nerox
May 20, 2001
Killed skeletons as a werewolf A+++ would play again.

Smooth launch, no issues and played a few hours with my college d2 buddies, all around fun time.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
they should let you skip the story because noone wants to read whatever the diablo writers wrote. then you can do the fun part of the game

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I somehow can't figure out how to send a message to somebody for a guild invite. what am i missing

Dameius posted:

Go to the Clans page "N" by default on PC.
Click "Join a Clan"
Click "Search Clans"
Search for "SA Goon Squad"
Click it
Click "Request to join"

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I have been playing since launch with no issues (and no queue - on PC). Pretty impressed tbh.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay doing the act 2 boss over again fixed it, but still annoying.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Watched a video review and I'm so depressed

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Mr Scumbag posted:

Make sure to keep us all in the loop about what level you currently are, everyone. This is thrilling stuff.

Thanks for letting everyone know what’s you think is thrilling. Great content

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

coelomate posted:

the game is fun, stop thinking about it too hard

I hear you, I'm not trying to say that the game is objectively bad if it doesn't play the way I want it to play, but I'm saying that part of what makes this type of game fun for me is that progression, that sense of truly feeling like you're getting more powerful in fits and bursts. If that's gone...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

After you get through the act I content, the cracks start to show in the story. So many of these cutscenes are glitchy, and a lot of corners were cut.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

poo poo.

didn't d3 move to this sort of level scaling after reaper of souls came out?

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Symphoric posted:

I clicked on the monster and the monster died.

10/10 would click again.

Diablo IV: 10/10 would click again

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

FootballFreak2 posted:

You didn't include your level in that post.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
level 21 and can you recolor the shop cosmetics?

Bob the terrible
Aug 9, 2006

Mr Scumbag posted:

I have not started playing yet. I will definitely keep you updated!

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

FootballFreak2 posted:

You're welcome! I also like to put barbecue tongs in my pee hole.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

game whips rear end. only stopping rn to eat. then i'm gonna kill more bad guys

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Scumbag posted:

You're welcome! I also like to put barbecue tongs in my pee hole.

same though

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

drat gently caress this actually owns

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

yay another broken quest

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

rap music posted:

drat gently caress this actually owns

gently caress off, i read the other thread, you don't know what you're talking about

p.s. to equip a backpack wolf puppy
Wardrobe -> Items tab -> Back Trophy

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Flavahbeast posted:

Beware: the dog will follow you if you pet it. The dog is vulnerable to your attacks!
update: the town dogs are still in danger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Haven't been following D4 at all. Not sure if I'm liking it much. I'll keep playing and beat it, but..

It feels like a mobile game. The UI is janky. Especially the inventory. The Tetris inventory was iconic, and gave you that dopamine rush when you fit things just perfectly.

Why is everything identified. Again, that was a huge dopamine rush to unveil things. It's a silly thing, but it's real. Finding loot feels so blah now, which was the whole point of the Diablo games.

It's way too zoomed in. If anything makes me stop playing, it's this. I need to zoom out another 50%. Ranged combat is super annoying so zoomed in.

The map overlay doesn't let you see through it and play at the same time. What. the. gently caress.

Skill trees. Not a fan of the progression.

Maybe I'll change my opinion, but kinda disappointed right off the bat.

I do like the world events with other players.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 2, 2023