Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Burned all the way to act V. I’ll finish the story tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Republicans#1565 for my bnet name. So what do you do with these purple coins you get from public events and whatnot?

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug
Just got a major case of FOMO and checked battle.net thinking about upgrading from standard to Deluxe. I thank whoever created the aptly named "Temptation Mount", that, combined with my catholic roots immediately cured me of the notion of spending 20€ more on top of a 70€ game for a few days of early access. Still know I am envious of the fun you are having right now but I have thwarted the Devils temptation today :devil:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Played for seven hours tonight, made it to act IV, a little bit of the ways into that act you will get a quest that requires that you be level 35 in order to continue. So you'll eventually be forced into doing side content, but this should be about 8 - 10 extra levels if you just focus on the story up until that point.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Republicans posted:

Republicans#1565 for my bnet name. So what do you do with these purple coins you get from public events and whatnot?

Obols? You use them for the gamble merchants, like Blood Shards in D3. Those merchants also sell special keys to open Whispering Chests, which you might have encountered out and about.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Astryl posted:

Burned all the way to act V. I’ll finish the story tomorrow.

Here I was thinking I was almost done minus the side content that needs to be done. The story really goes no where though and everyone is very stupid. I am looking forward to never have to touch that part ever again.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Has anyone experienced a bug where you lose the ability to use any ability until you relog (pressing hotkeys causes the icon to pulse but nothing comes out)?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

BabyRyoga posted:

Has anyone experienced a bug where you lose the ability to use any ability until you relog (pressing hotkeys causes the icon to pulse but nothing comes out)?

Yes, i only had to go back to char select and back to fix it.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

So is the game worth :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: ?

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

The Last Call posted:

Played for what, six, seven hours? Finally stopped, level 22 with a wee bit left to hit 23.

I'm not rushing, I'm taking my time to enjoy the game. I mean why rush, not in any hurry. Doing stuff, talking to characters and enjoying the looooooooooooooooooore.

Haven't seen a single legendary, guessing they dropped the rate unless I was very lucky in the server slam event.

Game launched without any issues on my side, saw a tad bit of stuttering during the church cinematic when transitioning to in game. Nothing aside from that.
There is a bit of an odd sound issue, some times when talking with someone, once they pause and continue to talk it can be louder.
Playing with an Xbox elite 2 controller, and loving it. Blasphemy I know. Find it so much better than mouse and keyboard.
Didn't see anyone level 30 or above.

The cash shop, that's stuff done up from immortal? They got a lot of crap there, and that's what it all is. Crap. Have zero intention of spending a dime on that. Someone said the game is so zoomed in
because they want people to see their costumes more and help sell them in shop and I believe it.

Overall, having a good time.

I'm at 24 and have found I think 4 legendaries, prolly just a bit of bad luck.

Game is fun, I was about to gripe about all the zones environments feeling the same but act 3 finally feels different so that's cool.

Overall a positive experience so far, I only waited about 5 mins to join and I clicked right when it went live.

Btw for sorcs, you can definitely get stuck in the environment using Teleport. The only way I could fix it was to TP back to town and walk back. An annoyance but only happened once and is the only bug I've come across.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
did they put in an endgame yet?

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Ihmemies posted:

So is the game worth :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: ?

It's bad-with-money to play 4 3 days early.

It's a fine purchase as a standard edition. Good game so far.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

Asproigerosis posted:

did they put in an endgame yet?

Yes but you have to go to KFC like 4 times

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

molestrios posted:

Yes but you have to go to KFC like 4 times

wtf how does that tie in at all

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Played about 9 hours as a sorc, taking thing’s slow and exhausting all the dialogue options in every town and doing all the side quests before moving on. Made it to level 24 and about halfway done Act 1. I figure I’m only ever going to care at all about the story once so might as well soak it all in. Having a blast, but I still think all the controller UI stuff is awful. Playing with a Xbone controller mainly and using a mouse when I need to do a lot of UI stuff. Had a look at the cash shop items, but found all the sorc clothing ugly so wasn’t tempted to get any. Had zero issues with queues or servers or bugs at all. Amazingly smooth.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I didn’t play barb during beta but I knew they had multiple weapons. I was not expecting 4 equipped weapons. Also the lvl 15 quest is all the way on the other side of the world. Was it this way in the beta too? Should I just spend the time running over there to do it?

Ferrin
Sep 4, 2012

probably not

Doctor Zero posted:

Cult of Ythrl <YTHRL> also has room. It’s private so I’m not sure if that means you can enter the tag or not. If not I’ll make it public tomorrow.

I tried to search your clan but it doesn't show up in the results.

I'll try again later today if you make it public. I was in your clan during the open beta.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

So I tried to look online and couldn't find a definitive answer other than some Prima site that seemed to be misinformed.

Are you able to see the battlepass and its contents at the moment? I've been curious how much platinum is on the premium track one since Blizzard themselves said it 'won't be enough to buy the next pass'. Learning that the BP progress doesn't start until mid to late August changed my decision of pre-ordering one of the early access tier versions to more 'guess I'll get the game if my friends do.' And this is speaking as someone with enough battlenet currency sitting around to just buy it without real life money.

Edit: got answer in discord that no you can't see it until it's active, so guess nobody will know how gross it is until late August assuming their skeleton crew doesn't delay it more.

Blorknorg fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jun 2, 2023

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

poemdexter posted:

I didn’t play barb during beta but I knew they had multiple weapons. I was not expecting 4 equipped weapons. Also the lvl 15 quest is all the way on the other side of the world. Was it this way in the beta too? Should I just spend the time running over there to do it?

This is probably the first Diablo I started with Barb (or even played one - D3 was always sorc/necro/guardian/rogue for me) cause I love running around with an actual arsenal strapped to my character visibly. It's cool. Sorc will be 2nd - played a necro in beta. My understanding is the 15 quest is kind of worth doing because you can then slot in a weapon trait thingy which allows you to say, always do bleeds and slows on all damage or w/e the other weapon traits are (I think that one is great sword). It's apparently not very hard just a bit of a trek.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ihmemies posted:

Game is not at all ready to be released, but its still fun, just buggy as gently caress.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I'm a big fan of the act 2 boss bugging out and trapping you in limbo where the only escape is menuing out... which removes your progress on killing that boss.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Had my first death of the run: The Butcher showed up in a dungeon I had just cleared and eventually chased me down and killed me, but not before my pets got him to half health. I've invested in movement speed buffs so if that jerk ever shows up again I'll be ready for him.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
where the gently caress is my paladin METZEN?!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Asproigerosis posted:

where the gently caress is my paladin METZEN?!

DLC next year for $50.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Game is not at all ready to be released, but its still fun, just buggy as gently caress.

Well, hopefully they fix the bugs soon :)

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

I said come in! posted:

Probably could have used another solid 3-4 days

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

We had almost defeated a dungeon boss after 1 hour and got disconnected gently caress you blizzard

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
You knew you were paying a premium to beta test.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I haven’t had the same issues with cutscenes - just some frame skipping here and there (that isn’t present in regular gameplay).

Not saying that it isn’t happening, just that it may me a YMMV situation.

Only bug that I’ve run into was the Butcher not despawning after mercing me and then getting hung up on a wall, but that one worked in my favor so I forgave it pretty easily.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No bugs on my end. Xbox stays winning.

advion
Jul 25, 2005

American McGay posted:

No bugs on my end. Xbox stays winning.

No bugs here either on PS5 after five hours. Might just be lucky I guess. Haven’t played Sorc though but that’s a known issue.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Ever since the classes were confirmed months ago I still remain undecided. My favorite class ever is paladin, which I guess makes the closest thing in D4 a barbarian. But I don't want to play a stupid savage caveman. :mad:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm doing Sorc and was looking at all these enchantment options and...those aren't exactly all created equal, are they? Some seem like extremely powerful almost build-defining abilities, while others are just kind of...there.

Enjoying the game so far (haven't gotten past the beta content yet either, so looking forward to new stuff). My friend is insisting on reading All The Text, though, which is a bit painful.

I wish the game let you change your hair style. You can change your tattoos, but not your haircut. My character's hair ended up looking vaguely "Karen-ish." Not many good hair options in general. I created a second character (a rogue) and just made him bald.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Use the in-game emotes? No.
:crobear: Yes.

https://i.imgur.com/AderPkF.mp4

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Just had the easiest Butcher kill ever when he spawned directly next to, as in touching, a conduit shrine.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Played until I got to level 22 as a Druid, building around fortify with mostly bear and earth stuff. Even with as much fortify as I could get, I was rarely able to build up enough to matter and a 10% damage reduction sometimes just isn’t worth the low damage of the build. Without legendary aspects that do something when fortified, I just don’t see fortify being worth much.

I swapped to a nature/earth build and my ttk dropped by more than half. Will play more tomorrow.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
For all it's prettyness, whoever designed the Skill window really does need to be shot.

- Nice art that will never get seen unless you purposefully scroll to the top/bottom? check
- 80% empty space, but still requires endless click+drag-scrolling? check
- no cursor-to-edge-of-screen to move? check
- doesn't remember your previous position or zoom levels? check
- actual dead areas outside of art (full screen) which serves literally no purpose? check
- can't search by custom keyword, can only select by Blizzard's tags (hope you know mechanics!)? check

I know it's a big tall skill tree with lots of choices, but gently caress me just some basic UI/UX polish would have helped so much

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

it's a big tall skill tree with lots of choices

Let's not get too carried away.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Servers laggy as hell playing on ps5 (I think eu?)

Went to lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

So I’m an idiot but I bought ultimate on ps5 and probably gonna buy standard again on pc to play with friends on weekends

How does that work with all the bonus stuff since it’s the same account