Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Davros1 posted:

One vid said CAW was embargoed at this time, but added "formulas are back", so I take it to mean that there's no Community Creations.

Also:

https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/1664340196114964509?s=20

What are "formulas"?

Also is that supposed to be Joe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

What are "formulas"?

Its one of the Street Fighter 6 CAF defaults that kind of looks like Joe

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Alaois posted:

Its one of the Street Fighter 6 CAF defaults that kind of looks like Joe

Welp I thought it was Wardlow

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

1glitch0 posted:

What are "formulas"?

Before downloading community creations, people would make CAWs, and then post the "formulas" used to make them so others could recreate them on their games.

For example, if someone made a Terry Funk, the formula would read: "Select Head 13. Face 12. Adjust Eye Size Sliders to 13, 12, 26. Adjust Nose Size Sliders to 24, 38, 52. Select Hair 8. Hair Color Sliders to 16, 0, 0." etc, etc.

For more examples (though the picture links are dead): https://caws.ws/forum/topic/470939-wwe2k16-caw-formulas/

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 1, 2023

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Davros1 posted:

Before downloading community creations, people would make CAWs, and then post the "formulas" used to make them so others could recreate them on their games.

For example, if someone made a Terry Funk, the formula would read: "Select Head 13. Face 12. Adjust Eye Size Sliders to 13, 12, 26. Adjust Nose Size Sliders to 24, 38, 52. Select Hair 8. Hair Color Sliders to 16, 0, 0." etc, etc.

For more examples (though the picture links are dead): https://caws.ws/forum/topic/470939-wwe2k16-caw-formulas/

Oh so that's a big loving step down than being able to just download someone's wrestler. Gotcha thanks

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alaois posted:

projecthalaxy has come down with a terminal case of Games Subforum

Like, I get that some people basically think that any kind of post purchase content is basically akin to a literal crime, and people are lovely at nuance, but there's a difference between predatory loot box poo poo and 'pay 5bux to play as FTR or dont im not your dad'.

And it's INCREDIBLY disingenuous to poo poo on a game funded basically entirely by AEW, built on a new engine from the ground up, in comparison to a game that is made by 2K after paying WWE for the licence, using tech that they reuse year to year, in some cases for decades now.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 1, 2023

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's a carny business, and we are the marks.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

And it's INCREDIBLY disingenuous to poo poo on a game funded basically entirely by AEW, built on a new engine from the ground up, in comparison to a game that is made by 2K after paying WWE for the licence, using tech that they reuse year to year, in some cases for decades now.

Do those games still have the promo animation where one wrestler's at the top of the ramp, and the other's in the ring, and the one in the ring grabs the ropes with one hand and leans over to grab the other wrestler despite them being far away? I remember seeing that one from the PS1 to 360 era.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
https://youtu.be/M5AhxuIZoqM

You can put out the flaming table with the extinguisher... fire safety :golfclap:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I mean maybe it's just being worn down over every single video game ever doing it now but at this point I'm fine with just paying for a season pass for some extra characters when literally every time you open a WWE game you have to make drat sure the first button press isn't A or it launches you directly into their fuckin FIFA-style NFT Lootbox Gambling Mode and you cannot get out until you complete the entire tutorial for it or Alt+F4 out of the game entirely

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

adding wrestlers to the game in the future like swerve strickland for small cash is cool. piecing out FTR at the launch of the game is bad, to my rear end. if others feel like it's good because 2K Games sucks so bad then sorry about your purchases and kind of being beaten down from the sound of it. i value things sweetly and excellently with a hint of spectacle. let's all enjoy the video game

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I mean I'm going to buy the game, already have in fact, but im not going to sit here and pretend i wouldn't prefer it to be complete in tje box

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I mean I'm going to buy the game, already have in fact, but im not going to sit here and pretend i wouldn't prefer it to be complete in tje box

look at this mark getting worked by preorders

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Given that the base game is at a lower price and the game with all the DLC is the price of a regular game, I think it's fine, especially since I paid full price for Fire Pro Returns at launch and that came with no DLC and looks a hell of a lot worse than this.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Given that the base game is at a lower price and the game with all the DLC is the price of a regular game, I think it's fine, especially since I paid full price for Fire Pro Returns at launch and that came with no DLC and looks a hell of a lot worse than this.

Is it? Fight Forever is $60 on Amazon and shows no sign of being the elite edition, or being able to downgrade. May I ask where you're seeing it cheaper, ideally for ps4?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

Is it? Fight Forever is $60 on Amazon and shows no sign of being the elite edition, or being able to downgrade. May I ask where you're seeing it cheaper, ideally for ps4?

We live in the era of $70 games and we should be thankful to Tony for blessing us with a retro priced $60 game

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

We live in the era of $70 games and we should be thankful to Tony for blessing us with a retro priced $60 game

pwnage again

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maybe it's just that it's the same price here in Canada, where games are usually $80 or so. Sounds like a skill issue to not be Canadian tbh

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

The lighting in certain areas of the arena in the game seems to do the models no favours like in the win animations (hence the Eddie image where it looks like he was just informed that Taue, Kawada, and Kobashi all just died in a freak accident and Misawa is about as real as Santa Claus)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

All the videos are singles matches and those are so boring, first thing I always do in these games is 6 man hell in a cells. This only goes to 4? Is everybody buying on PC or PlayStation? Is there cross play? Cross generation?

Gaz-L posted:

Like, I get that some people basically think that any kind of post purchase content is basically akin to a literal crime, and people are lovely at nuance, but there's a difference between predatory loot box poo poo and 'pay 5bux to play as FTR or dont im not your dad'.

Big "little indie studio" vibes. It's a full priced game and it's gonna be treated as such. If they didn't have all the bells and whistles ready the smart thing would've been to price it at $40 or $50 and really compete like 2K did when they took over by pricing their games at $20. THQ sucks tho so can't be helped.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5AhxuIZoqM

Here's 20 minutes of 4-player gameplay by the way

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will be slinging grodypak labeled memory cards with CAWs preloaded onto them at the next string of ROH shows, hit me up

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Surely they could do some sort of QR Code or whatever to let people share CAWs? Even Nintendo was capable of that for the Switch version of that Mii RPG they did

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol those goobers playing the skateboard match were annoying but the game looked fun enough!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Has there been any clue about performance differences between the switch version and the others? That would definitely be the one I want from a convenience factor, but not if it's a mess like the vwwe game on there that ran in slow motion.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

lol those goobers playing the skateboard match were annoying but the game looked fun enough!

May as well have insulted the local sports team.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Retro N64 games were like $75-80

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Captain Foo posted:

take away this poster's side bread DUDE

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Pff, I bought Chrono Trigger on SNES for $80 in 1995. That's like 600 Todaybucks.

I'm gonna play story mode so I can see the timeline that should've happened: AEW Champion PAC.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Bonk posted:

Pff, I bought Chrono Trigger on SNES for $80 in 1995. That's like 600 Todaybucks.

I'm gonna play story mode so I can see the timeline that should've happened: AEW Champion PAC.

I got Chrono Trigger in like 2004 CIB for $40 when someone was trying to sell it to GameStop but the store wasn't accepting SNES games at the time, so I made an offer. Now I've nearly had it for 20 years and time is dumb.

I'm making Luther AEW Champ. If he isn't in the game, that isn't gonna stop me 😜👈

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1664443179633102848?s=20

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

take away this poster's side bread DUDE

or maybe they're not goobers, brother.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Captain Foo posted:

MODS?!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Captain Foo posted:

I thought they were funny and had a great time playing a video game I wish I already had my hands on. Sad to see you disagree. Go in peace my friend.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

If Fight Forever simply makes it so Alternate Attires and CAWs don't take up the same incredibly limited number of slots in the game that already puts it ahead of literally every WWE game since the PS2 at least

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Did i miss Something

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Surely they could do some sort of QR Code or whatever to let people share CAWs? Even Nintendo was capable of that for the Switch version of that Mii RPG they did

insidious at best...

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4eXfDPMvoQ

I'm gonna preorder it. Or maybe I won't, brother

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Drakkel posted:

it's called fight forever, not fiend forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://twitter.com/thechrisdenker/status/1665095569126162439?s=46&t=6shDmjvE230NYdmcn_D0-g