Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Russia threw another temper tantrum at Kyiv tonight and failed. Explosions were heard in Cherkasy and Kharkiv. No other information for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
Predators remake where the Russian guy's mini-gun falls apart the first time he tries to use it

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

AvesPKS posted:

Predators remake where the Russian guy's mini-gun falls apart the first time he tries to use it

Half the squad deserted
The other half is those actors at their ages today.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Half the squad deserted
The other half is those actors at their ages today.

"Ow my back!"

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Ihor Taburets, head of the Cherkasy region, reported that air defense worked there. No damage or casualties. In Kyiv two people were injured and there was some damage from debris. Russians fired 2 S-300s at Kharkiv and shelled Nikopol in the Dnipro region. No damage was reported in Nikopol however.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Locator posted:

Hey, it might collapse on its own if they do close it off, so might as well keep it open!

Russians desperately trying to goad Ukraine into blowing up the bridge because it's less embarrassing than having to explain why it collapsed on its own

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1664518939152470017
15 cruise missiles and 21 drones were shot down by Ukraine's air defense teams last night.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

steinrokkan posted:

Russians desperately trying to goad Ukraine into blowing up the bridge because it's less embarrassing than having to explain why it collapsed on its own

they must have developed some kind of ... remote ... reverse kiln :thunk:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

tiaz posted:

they must have developed some kind of ... remote ... reverse kiln :thunk:

Far from crazy enough.

The CIA and the English have infiltrated our youth with sweet bread spreads and Video Games and made them think Abstract thoughts that are not compatible with our good Russian Concrete.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

drat you woke metrosexual James Bond!!! :imgay:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

"Russia again threatening to nuke Berlin"

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Russian soldiers switching sides is a p.big deal even if it's just a few people right now. Remains to be seen how big this gets, but if I were Putin I would lose sleep over this: https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1664471819930439681

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Oldsmobile posted:

Russian soldiers switching sides is a p.big deal even if it's just a few people right now. Remains to be seen how big this gets, but if I were Putin I would lose sleep over this: https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1664471819930439681

I am not sure why Putin would care about 1 (one) guy in a video that is most likely a psyop.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

That twitter account was also the one that posted that longrunning fanfiction about internal tensions in the FSB. The first was kind of plausible, but the rest became increasingly unhinged, whilst he insisted on them being real.

I'd treat anything it posts with a great deal of skepticism, videos included.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

fatherboxx posted:

I am not sure why Putin would care about 1 (one) guy in a video that is most likely a psyop.

Because it's the ultimate "No YOU shut the gently caress up dad!"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

fatherboxx posted:

He started the SMO because he thought it would make him happy, he's his favorite guy!

Serious answer is, it's the implication of a phenomenon that's broader than the one case they show, and yes, the psyops against the Russian population. But also we may be blowing it out of proportion to a point that was never intended.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jun 2, 2023

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

fatherboxx posted:

Yeah, and as said elsewhere the posting account isn't that reliable.

If it starts to have an actual effect on Russia's border we'll see a lot more than 1 (one) guy in a video, and at that point sure, a lot more people in Russia than Putin will be filling diapers.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Serious answer is, it's the implication of a phenomenon that's broader than the one case they show, and yes, the psyops against the Russian population. But also we may be blowing it out of proportion to a point that was never intended.

Widespread desertions inside the country have more effect (and their number has been noted, even by the ones that have been prosecuted and that "500" has become a popular term).

It is just way too difficult to defect (RVC have a rather complicated screening procedure that involves getting into Ukraine through third party countries) for it to be widespread unless whole units do that - and I dont think Ukraine would allow those people to take weapons, purely out of security issues (and also such guys are more valuable in pow exchange fund)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1664440784890867713

How Viktor, the dude on the right, has not been pushed out of a window yet, I don't know. He's always saying negative stuff about the russian army lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Everything he says has been approved to create an illusion of a free discourse. Nothing said on these TV panels is authentic.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/saintjavelin/status/1664330313084858368?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

quote:

BLINKEN: The Kremlin often claimed it had the second strongest military in the world -- and many believed it. Today, many see Russia's military as the second strongest in Ukraine.

https://www.military.com/video/blinken-says-russian-military-2nd-strongest-ukraine

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

That's a lol that the Beatles riff made it all the way back to normies. Of course it would complicate the joke too much to explain how they're not even the second strongest.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tai posted:

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1664440784890867713

How Viktor, the dude on the right, has not been pushed out of a window yet, I don't know. He's always saying negative stuff about the russian army lol

These poor guys, they're deckchair-fiddling as best they possibly can.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I like the meme from last week that has them the second strongest army in Russia now

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The internet's been leaking into reality for a while now

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Remember Russia clutching their pearls at Lindsey Graham's comments earlier this week?

https://twitter.com/cry2luv/status/1664648267655786497?s=20

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Wait he didn't actually say it? Very disappointing :(

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
If you rewatch the original it's pretty obvious. Even the audio switch is a little choppy.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

No way to do it in a way that wouldn't be oppressive, but if you ask me purposely editing someone to make it seem like they said things they didn't ought to be a criminal offense.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Lol they basically zip tied the bridge

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Americans use 50,000 linear feet of rebar. Russians use a couple hundred zip ties. Efficiency.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

HonorableTB posted:

When the pillars last got hosed up, wasn't it determined that they don't have any rebar in them? They looked like solid concrete.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

That... really doesn't work does it? I mean the concrete keeps breaking up because the rebar keeps getting wet, rusts and expands. Those rings do nothing to stop that, they maybe buy few weeks or months at best because they keep the broken pieces in place until at some moment the pillar just snaps because there isn't enough concrete keeping the rebar from bending under the weight of the deck.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Tarkus posted:

When the pillars last got hosed up, wasn't it determined that they don't have any rebar in them? They looked like solid concrete.

Bridgeheldupbypencils.jpg

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It's saying the image on the right (that we saw yesterday) is fake and the left is how cracked concrete looks like. It's probably a completely different bridge used as an example.

Whether or not the right image is fake is another matter.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

mobby_6kl posted:

It's saying the image on the right (that we saw yesterday) is fake and the left is how cracked concrete looks like. It's probably a completely different bridge used as an example.

Whether or not the right image is fake is another matter.

The cracks on the right look very much like my work with the Pencil tool, but I deny responsibility.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Its those vertical lines. Stuff simply does not crack that way, unless something really odd was done when the concrete pylons were cast.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Der Kyhe posted:

Its those vertical lines. Stuff simply does not crack that way, unless something really odd was done when the concrete pylons were cast.

It does look unusual. Crack propagation like that looks like it's splitting on a fault. Like the pillar is two halves or something. If that's a real photo, at least.

Ed: might those be cables?

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Russian bridge used the pencil tool