Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Good thing Komura had those extra underpants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Shiroyama to Mita-san
They are total weirdos

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

i like the recurring joke of everyone around them (except that one girl at the birthday party) finding it very obvious they are together but they still think its a secret

anyways new bisque doll came out last week, fabric finding facer
tonikaku
potteto

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
A new "villainess" series.

The Engagement of the Disgraced Witch and the Cross-Dressing Princes

Bottom-rung nobility lady gets betrayed and dumped by her rear end in a top hat fiance and her former best friend. Ends up saved by and engaged to the crossdressing princess of the imperial family.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

two new extra chapters for ayaka loves hiroko
9.2 mangadex dynasty
9.3 mangadex dynasty
---
i am no match for my childhood friend is a very cute series

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's two young women who take turns being paranoid and jealous about everyone their partner interacts with. that's it. that's the entire comic. it's incredibly tedious.
That's a shame, I really liked Kase-san and Morning Glories and was looking forward to the sequel. Oh well.

Megamissen posted:

a childhood friend with absolutely no ntr! manages to be good despite being in the 'popular new series' rotation thing
the series itself and the notes about the author are both very sweet. updates daily
What does "NTR" mean here because I know it as "nuclear-thermal rocketry" and romcoms usually don't involve high-power rocket engines in the first place.

loving—!!

I hope MangaUp drowns in their own terrible business decisions and everything they licensed gets picked up by someone who isn't bitterly opposed to letting people actually read manga in exchange for money.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ToxicFrog posted:

What does "NTR" mean here because I know it as "nuclear-thermal rocketry" and romcoms usually don't involve high-power rocket engines in the first place.

Common acronym for "netorare" which is basically a cheating fetish, often with elements of cuckoldry.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Julias posted:

Common acronym for "netorare" which is basically a cheating fetish, often with elements of cuckoldry.

That answers the question, but makes me more confused about why it needs to be specified in the title.

Schubalts posted:

A new "villainess" series.

The Engagement of the Disgraced Witch and the Cross-Dressing Princes

Bottom-rung nobility lady gets betrayed and dumped by her rear end in a top hat fiance and her former best friend. Ends up saved by and engaged to the crossdressing princess of the imperial family.

Between this, Bakarina, and I Favour the Villainess I've got three instances of this concept I find really appealing and none of them are finished. :negative:

What are some good ones that are actually completed?

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 26, 2023

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ToxicFrog posted:

That answers the question, but makes me more confused about why it needs to be specified in the title.

Because it's playing on a lot of the NTR trope plot events and character designs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ToxicFrog posted:

Between this, Bakarina, and I Favour the Villainess I've got three instances of this concept I find really appealing and none of them are finished. :negative:

The anime for I am The Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss hits what feels like a definite ending and I remember enjoying it a fair bit the week where I watched it while home sick. Don't know about the manga though.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ToxicFrog posted:

Randomly reminded of 'Voices of a Distant Stars' and man I could use more space themed romances.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

ToxicFrog posted:

simply read the i favor the villainess novels

Observation Log of my Fiancee - a Self Proclaimed Villainess is complete. It has a sequel but the first one does cover the whole game she's in. Very straight.

I liked most of Beware the Villainess (tapas).

the villainess and the woman who would do anything for the sake of love is pretty short and complete.

LibrarianCroaker fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 27, 2023

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

ToxicFrog posted:

The light novel version of IFTV has been complete for a while. There's also A Lily Blooms in Another World.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

LibrarianCroaker posted:

simply read the i favor the villainess novels
I have no idea where to even look for fan-translations of web serials. Is Novelupdates good? My ebook downloader doesn't recognize it but I'm sure I can do something with it...

E: it looks like there's at least four different versions of this? There's a web serial, a light novel which is distinct from the web serial, a spinoff LN, and the manga?

quote:

Observation Log of my Fiancee - a Self Proclaimed Villainess is complete. It has a sequel but the first one does cover the whole game she's in. Very straight.

I liked most of Beware the Villainess (tapas).

the villainess and the woman who would do anything for the sake of love is pretty short and complete.

I'll check those out. even the straight ones :P

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 27, 2023

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
There's an official LN english translation from 7 seas. The first volume cut some stuff out, but people noticed and they fixed it, so new copies should be fine.

As far as I know, there aren't any major content differences between the LN and WN.

Novelupdates is my go to for fan tls. I don't remember how good the fantl of IFTV was tbh.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

you and i are polar opposites chapter 32, quick exchange

detective suzuki tries to solve azumas love problems

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
IFTV has author-endorsed fan translations for the web novel, when the webnovel was still ongoing the fan translations were literally posted by the author on pixiv with credit to the translator simultaneously with the Japanese releases. Novelupdates has links to the main story, with R18 chapters (including translations) locked behind the author's fanbox.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Mikadono sisters face their greatest crisis.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

two more extra chapters for ayaka is in love with hiroko
9.4 mangadex dynasty
9.5 mangadex dynasty

if the bonus chapters are the same as the ones in sal jiangs anthology SAL (stories about love) these are the last ones and regular chapters should resume

looking at the page counts
uploads/SAL
10/10
12/12
8/12
4/4
4/5
the last one having an extra page seperating it from the next story makes sense but the third one lacking 4 pages is strange

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

chapter 10 of ayako is in love with hiroko
mangadex dynasty
hiroko... please stop being useless

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yes, finally more Komura and Mie-san!
HOLY CRAP MIE-SAN! I mean, dad has to have known they were likely dating since the first confession attempt where he drove Mie-san back to find Komura that night and she was crying, you don't do that for just some friend. He even circled the block in the car to give them some alone time, he has to know.

Also - Hooray 3 more chapters of Horimiya

And they also just announced the anime for "My Tiny Senpai from Work"
Really enjoying "The Danger's In My Heart" as well.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 2, 2023

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The volume bonus chapter for Telework Yotobanashi has been translated

finding out that Natsu is based on a seductive folkloric creature makes so much sense. Really wish there was more of these two sometime down the line.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Brought To You By posted:

The volume bonus chapter for Telework Yotobanashi has been translated

finding out that Natsu is based on a seductive folkloric creature makes so much sense. Really wish there was more of these two sometime down the line.

Oh cool! It's a really great story and I think the first thing I've seen that really utilises the pandemic well as a plot driver. I feel like most media is just trying to memory hole it as a traumatic event we don't want to address.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

blooming love chapter 6

the elm shown has very different leaves from the wych elm (ulmus glabra) im used to so i was suprised
wych elm has very distinctive leaves

you can see the shape and how close they are to the branch but they also have a unique feel thats like a mix between sandpaper and velvet

the ulmus parvifolia shown in the manga

they are clearly seperated from the branch, the shape is a lot smoother the asymetry at the bottom a lot less defined
they look like they would feel like pear tree leaves

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
if there's one thing i've learned from watching the youtube videos of that Chicago guy who yells at plants it's that members of the same genus can look nothing alike at all

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
my second favorite chicagoan (on two legs)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Aw, Ikoku Nikki ended. :(

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

Well, at least it means I finally get to read it!

Also, I love it already:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

I figured it was going to end once it caught up to the prologue.

The poem was beautiful.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Yay, time to go read it!

Haven't been reading much manga this year but Ikoku Nikki and Doughnuts Under a Crescent Moon are both high on the list.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

Noooo :(

Beautiful manga though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cried at the final chapter.

Gonna miss Ikoku Nikki so much.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im dead, that last chapter killed me. the poem was too much i can't stop crying wahhhh

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
The Dangers in my heart chapters dropped today, Komi dropped a couple days ago but it's still the festival arc

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

secret love has started getting english translations again, with the group dropping a chapter a week
if you can read polish there are translations up to chapter 41 (english is at 24, out of 46 released chapters)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
So I recently started reading "Hitomi-chan Is Shy With Strangers" and its freaking adorable:
https://mangadex.org/title/6cc0f7c2-0db6-432b-8189-fcedbcdda888/hitomi-chan-wa-hitomishiri

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Powerful shark teeth

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nate RFB posted:

Powerful shark teeth

Runs in the family

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I love it, but the girls' body proportions start getting a bit ... off ... the longer the manga runs. By the end nobody will have a torso, just boobs and butts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Politely requesting manga to fill the gap left by Ikoku Nikki