Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite hosed up lil' guy in games?
This poll is closed.
Waluigi 36 29.27%
Waddle Dee 34 27.64%
Gollum 7 5.69%
Sonic 13 10.57%
freaky cartwheeling grey-skinned frog men from elden ring 28 22.76%
vectorman worm things that sometimes explode 5 4.07%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Struggling to get under a minute on fastest possible on katamari heart level 1 and figure I just need to find a better route. Look up a video to see and lmao speedrunners blasting rear end in 20 seconds. Can't even tell what they're doing. Maybe I'll just try frantically spinning everywhere and see what that gets me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmao I was listening to this song, which is a banger, and noticed a "sims version" in the recommended.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi_asBY5UX8&hd=1

and the sims version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9cEm_zNro4&hd=1

and I was like "wow, that sounds almost the same as the original, that's a pretty good fanwork to make a simlish version!" and then saw a comment that points out that they literally had the actual singer sing a gibberish version of their own song and put it in the game, and have done that for a bunch of huge names that have had sims versions of their songs made. that owns

I've never played the sims, so didn't know they actually licensed real songs to make simlish versions of.
ahahaha jesus christ that's bad

it's basically like having naked marble in ancient rome, or bare rough granite and limestone for the pyramids. do even the minimum amount of research please

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Captain Invictus posted:

I've never played the sims, so didn't know they actually licensed real songs to make simlish versions of.

I remember when this was originally posted.... 16 years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJsZhiOhUVg

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lol all these we heart katamri videos 14 years old and look it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They had the Black Eyed Peas in Urbz, singing a version of Let's Get It Started that is extremely the original version that had the R slur in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMRGUH6sUEs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats barely even simlish lmao

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

june is end boss month

this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

homeless snail posted:

thats barely even simlish lmao

They really want you to know they're saying a slur lol.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
We Heart Katamari looks so good now. Never seen it so clean and smooth as this.

The loading screens are so fast you don't get to really move the king around very much before stage starts haha. However it does still seem to need to load when the level expands, but even that fades back to the level pretty fast and then has a bit where it dims the level for talking or showing next area. Then once after it did that, it had me roll through the level and it teleported me to some random spot with stuff too big to roll. he had some dialogue about the royal warp lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

We Love Katamari Reroll is so freaking good.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

wheres etrian odyssey hd in the op........

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/wayneradiotv/status/1664487941391937536

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

think i might be too dumb or slow to play rts games now. i keep getting my rear end kicked in AOE2 missions

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

https://itch.io/b/1812/queer-games-bundle-2023

$60 for 455? games by queer creators

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

had a nice time making friends with chun li

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Khanstant posted:

We Heart Katamari looks so good now. Never seen it so clean and smooth as this.

The loading screens are so fast you don't get to really move the king around very much before stage starts haha. However it does still seem to need to load when the level expands, but even that fades back to the level pretty fast and then has a bit where it dims the level for talking or showing next area. Then once after it did that, it had me roll through the level and it teleported me to some random spot with stuff too big to roll. he had some dialogue about the royal warp lol.

goddamnit I want a modern Katamari game that looks exactly like the old games but uses the greater power of new consoles just to create a massive seamless world full of objects so loving bad.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Same, plus starting smaller, let me roll up quarks and stuff then get big and roll up to atoms and molecules and whatnot before I'm rolling up messy bedroom stuff.

Problem is seems like the guy responsible for the good Katamari has no interest in making more.

Edit: his most recent work is some little game for that goofy Playdate device nobody has.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think his main job is designing cool playgrounds for children, making games seems secondary

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
After Wattam, I'd much rather see what other non-Katamari game ideas he has. I'll be filling out Katamari collections for the rest of my life as it is.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I'm pretty sure he was done making katamari games a long time ago and Namco had other people take over after he left

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Hell yeah Waypoint is launching as Remap

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1664446845672628224?s=46&t=vHCQymUfA8QgltN6y1_sjA

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

hatty posted:

I think his main job is designing cool playgrounds for children, making games seems secondary

Alright that's a pretty dope job

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's pretty wild they were able to keep their subscribers. Definitely beats starting from scratch on patreon. Glad they were able to find a way.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Feels like we're running out of video game terms to name our video game podcasts

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Feels like we're running out of video game terms to name our video game podcasts

[pausing, looking down at list, nodding] "gameslop"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

god is a podcaster??

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Jay Rust posted:

Gamely Fans
Click Clack Cucks
Sticky Fingers
Bless This Mech

You're welcome !!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

The Dpod

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

I'm a lot less high on Waypoint after I was informed of the Red Strings Club stuff :geno:

I was happy to see that on further research their forums were almost unanimous in holding them yo the fire for that, but to my eyes it doesn't see like that dev team ever got justice

oh well, I'll still follow Renata Price's career with interest. one of the youngest trans voices in games right now, and one of the best ones in genereal

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
super mario bros movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN-WCA5-Qxs

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Ramie posted:

oh well, I'll still follow Renata Price's career with interest. one of the youngest trans voices in games right now, and one of the best ones in genereal

She's so fuckin smart and tells such a good story! Love her segments

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

On Rails Level in a Normal Shooter The Podcast
Weapon Degradapod
Quick Pod Event

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Slowly Walking Down A Hallway While Talking (About Games)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

best part of june

For me to poop on

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Ramie posted:

I'm a lot less high on Waypoint after I was informed of the Red Strings Club stuff :geno:

I was happy to see that on further research their forums were almost unanimous in holding them yo the fire for that, but to my eyes it doesn't see like that dev team ever got justice

that article was five years ago, they ran an apologetic interview with the devs the next day, and the author hasn’t worked for Waypoint in years.

I’m also not clear how much lasting harm the devs suffered from that, they recently announced a new game in the same style from the same publisher (obviously if they’ve said anything to the contrary that would be another story, but I’m not aware of it)

I can’t stop anyone from feeling a certain way about that incident, but idk, seems like there are better things to hold a grudge over unless there’s more to the story than what I know about. The Waypoint discord is also very heavily trans, not exactly a community of trans folks dancing on the site’s grave over one insensitive and poorly thought-out article from 2018

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 2, 2023

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
i've been playing Dead Island 2 and i gotta say... it ain't bad.

runs at a smooth 60 fps on PS5 and it's pretty much bug free. combat isn't great but the damage model on zombies feels and looks awesome and the dialog doesn't make me want to rip my ears out. pretty decent 7 outta 10 so far

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

birds fly, fish swim, and brother, I saw beauty in the lives of beasts and no longer lie to myself about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_CViZg6sFc

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Okay, fighting games aren't totally worthless. Also SFM TF2 stuff continues to be the gift that keeps on giving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Anyone give Cassette Beasts a go?