Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Megera posted:

been exploring the Depths with an airbike that finally doesn't keep tipping over or going too high. poo poo's a lot less scary now (still avoiding any and all Frox, thank you)

is there a spoiler-free quest prompt or someone that tells you how to get through the lost woods? i got to the entrance and keep getting swallowed up by fog and reset after a few steps in. if it's the same method to get through as BotW, then that's kinda lame.

This game adds two new places to consider any particular location from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
The main annoyance I have with the world scaling is silver enemies. I'm fine with the scaling up to black enemies, but silver enemies feel like they have an order of magnitude more health than they should and it really slows down encounters once they start cropping up with regularity in regular encounters. The monster parts they drop aren't good enough to make up for it either.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I feel like a silver bokoblin has more hp than Ganondorf. A lot easier to kill since they can't really fight back much but they take a lot of licking and keep on ticking

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I really miss Guardians and kept wishing I would run into one :smith: I'm hoping that they get included in a later DLC or something.

I also hope that whatever DLC comes out will include Master Mode, I want to know what Gold enemy parts would be like.

I also want to see harder enemy placements with harder enemies, like the Great Plateau was like in BOTW. Imagine walking up to the front door of the Temple of Time but instead of a Soldier Construct, it's a pissed-off mecha :allears:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

bawk posted:

I really miss Guardians and kept wishing I would run into one :smith:

I'm just laughing at Purah knowingly triggering Link's PTSD in every goddamn tower.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Megera posted:

been exploring the Depths with an airbike that finally doesn't keep tipping over or going too high. poo poo's a lot less scary now (still avoiding any and all Frox, thank you)

is there a spoiler-free quest prompt or someone that tells you how to get through the lost woods? i got to the entrance and keep getting swallowed up by fog and reset after a few steps in. if it's the same method to get through as BotW, then that's kinda lame.

It's difficult to nudge this one without just an answer. Here's my attempt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzIcu6tbEko&t=30s

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

I was annoyed at myself that I got spoiled on how to get into the lost woods, so I put it off forever, but when when I actually went there, the koroks at the entrance couldn't have signposted it more heavily...

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Harriet Carker posted:

Can I get a super simple, no-spoilers list of stuff it's ok to sell? I remember getting burned in BotW cause I sold a bunch of amber or something and eventually found out I needed a ton of them for Great Fairy upgrades.

sell your gems. they’re used for armor upgrades but you’ll get a ton of them over the course of the game with all the cave-diving there is to do. there’s even an NPC next to the shop in the hub town that tells you to sell gems

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

And that’s all the shrines.

I am not sure what to think of the reward! It’s definitely worth getting if you’re close enough to all shrines, though it’s a lot more interesting for what it is than for what it does so it doesn’t change a whole lot in the end. Still glad I went for it.

There’s going to be so many lore videos aren’t there :shepface:

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Hoarding for every single armor upgrade is silly, not only do you not really need level 4 you don't need a dozen outfits with level 4 making that a goal just seems like grinding for no real reason and a good way to burn yourself out of stupid poo poo.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

socialsecurity posted:

Hoarding for every single armor upgrade is silly, not only do you not really need level 4 you don't need a dozen outfits with level 4 making that a goal just seems like grinding for no real reason and a good way to burn yourself out of stupid poo poo.

So far level 2 to get bonuses are enough for me.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Augus posted:

sell your gems. they’re used for armor upgrades but you’ll get a ton of them over the course of the game with all the cave-diving there is to do. there’s even an NPC next to the shop in the hub town that tells you to sell gems

I just want to sell my gems to the efficient lady but I don't want to sell her my diamonds until I've used them for everything so she's been stuck on that a while...

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

And that’s all the shrines.

I am not sure what to think of the reward! It’s definitely worth getting if you’re close enough to all shrines, though it’s a lot more interesting for what it is than for what it does so it doesn’t change a whole lot in the end. Still glad I went for it.

There’s going to be so many lore videos aren’t there :shepface:

So many clickbait video titles like Link's Zonai Fursona!?!

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, the best way to handle upgrades are just getting the utility armors to level 2 so they get their bonus (the flight and froggy suits especially) and then having one or two suits at 3-4 for combat

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Yeah, fully upgrading every single armor piece in the game is crazy, that's on par with hunting down every last korok.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just sell the diamonds. There's like 5 shrines with free diamonds and a bajillion caves with them.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

You act like I can go back to those shrines I've already done and get the diamonds again

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I thought you could but I guess not, my bad. Guess treasure shrines actually are just a massive waste of time lol.

In any case, I sold her 20 diamonds before crafting or upgrading with them and when I needed diamonds they seemed to spawn really fast, on top of how common they and all gems feel in general if you're a rock smasher.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Khanstant posted:

I thought you could but I guess not, my bad. Guess treasure shrines actually are just a massive waste of time lol.

I mean, they're still essentially a heart piece no matter what.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Finally got the Master Sword, and what better to attach to it than BEES :getin:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Asterite34 posted:

So many clickbait video titles like Link's Zonai Fursona!?!

Mega spoilers: I don’t think that’s a Zonai. The ears and snout are all wrong, no horns or third eye either. And don’t forget that all the Zonai except for Rauru and Mineru disappeared.

Probably an original creation that’s just meant to look like the figure in the tapestry.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Mega spoilers: I don’t think that’s a Zonai. The ears and snout are all wrong, no horns or third eye either. And don’t forget that all the Zonai except for Rauru and Mineru disappeared.

Probably an original creation that’s just meant to look like the figure in the tapestry.

A Zonai/Hylian hybrid descended from Rauru and Sonia was my assumption

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Pollyanna posted:

Pretty sure it's intended to be a Rauru costume, but set to Link's proportions. Not sure why the hair color is different, though. Might be meant to represent Rauru when he was Link's age.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Why doesn't anything drop guts

Give me what is inside of you drat it

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

How many shrines are there? Something like 120? I'm pretty close, but I've deliberately skipped most of the combat ones (not the tutorial ones, but the Metal Gear Solid ones.) Just don't wanna do 'em. Whenever I walk into a shrine in the nude I just Abe Simpson right back out.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

The exact number is -----152-----

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

enojy posted:

Whenever I walk into a shrine in the nude I just Abe Simpson right back out.

I guess if you wanna skip Battlebots, that's your choice :shrug:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Postgame spoilers:

EclecticTastes posted:

Pretty sure it's intended to be a Rauru costume, but set to Link's proportions. Not sure why the hair color is different, though. Might be meant to represent Rauru when he was Link's age.

Nah, neither the quest log nor the item description says anything about Rauru. It uses “ancient hero”, which already refers to the tapestry figure. And it doesn’t look anything like Rauru, either.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

A Zonai/Hylian hybrid descended from Rauru and Sonia was my assumption

Yeah maybe! Though uh, did they even have a kid before they died?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I loved those drop you in naked shrines, after a certain point it was the only way I could experience the thrill of danger and having to be resourceful again, easily my favorite part of the game (the feeling, not the shrines specifically). Also I spent so much of the early and mid game just fusing solider II horns onto whatever long sticks I could find that they got almost nostalgic. An old friend within the old friend that is already the shrine itself

Way better than the last take on combat shrines

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 2, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Captain Hygiene posted:

I guess if you wanna skip Battlebots, that's your choice :shrug:

Battlebots AND a Monster Truck Rally

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah maybe! Though uh, did they even have a kid before they died?

I think it's pretty heavily implied when they're talking about Zelda having both the power of light and time in her blood, which ultimately came from them. No kids are ever shown though.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

It's the same guy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Think I did the fire temple an unintended way.

saw the thing to hit next to the entrance so got a hydrant and went underneath and then ascended as I as I could go since it looked like you were meant to jump down to it

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Supremezero posted:

Murder is the best defense

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

It's the same guy.

Don't fight 'em, feed 'em!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there any way to check map coordinates? other than your own current position. I see a lot of guides using them to locate stuff, but I only see the ability to see the coordinates of where I am currently at which isn't very useful.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I’m happy for Sidon tying the knot and becoming king but drat does Yona have some poo poo to deal with.

Wake up in the morning, wash your fins, pour some coffee, look out the window and

*BAM*

There’s a statue of your husband getting ridden bareback by a twink wearing wedding clothes.

In the middle of town.

Every morning.

For centuries

:jebstare::coffee:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

code:
103 Star Fragment

Yo what the gently caress

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Triskelli posted:

I’m happy for Sidon tying the knot and becoming king but drat does Yona have some poo poo to deal with.

Wake up in the morning, wash your fins, pour some coffee, look out the window and

*BAM*

There’s a statue of your husband getting ridden bareback by a twink wearing wedding clothes.

In the middle of town.

Every morning.

For centuries

:jebstare::coffee:

"God I wish I was in there" -Yona probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Supremezero posted:

Yo what the gently caress

Most of the old DLC armor has the same set bonus and upgrade requirements

so I guess if you really, really want fully upgraded nearly-identical-looking armor, you need that much, but uh

why