Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I had like a 4min queue right at 7pm yesterday, but it's been instant since and I haven't had any lag or anything. Genuinely might be the smoothest launch of any always-online game I've ever experienced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Yeah! the servers are rock loving solid, no issues. I was able to get in at exactly 4pm yesterday with zero issues.

Another one for the haters go home column lol.

I’m ready to eat those words on the real release though.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah, I think Tuesday will be the real test. But this is even smoother than the server slam was, so maybe they've figured out how to scale it. Even the first open beta was reasonably pretty solid by Saturday afternoon or so.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

thats not candy posted:

no bugs here its smooth, runs and looks great on my 4090, sounds great, and is fun. only stopping to eat

For what it's worth, performance has been fantastic. smooth 60fps on an AMD 7800x3D, and RTX 4070Ti.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Ehud posted:

It’s wild that you’re running into so many bugs.

I’m about to beat the campaign and I haven’t encountered a single bug.

Has everyone else had a lot of bugs or is come in! an outlier?

On ps5 I leapt through the world and got stuck. So I tp’d out and when I warped back I was in the same spot. Had to run back from the start which was annoying because it was that long rear end story dungeon in act 1.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

I said come in! posted:

Yeah! the servers are rock loving solid, no issues. I was able to get in at exactly 4pm yesterday with zero issues.

Ehud posted:

They’ve been super solid. I’ve had brief lag hiccups a handful of times. No queues.

Good to hear, may the loot flow freely my goons

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

ultrachrist posted:

On ps5 I leapt through the world and got stuck. So I tp’d out and when I warped back I was in the same spot. Had to run back from the start which was annoying because it was that long rear end story dungeon in act 1.

I got stuck in a similar spot, at the top of some stairs, after leaping with my Barb. Had to run back, too. Thankfully it's the only bug I've run into.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I feel like if I can log in at 6pm est on a Friday with no issues Tuesday should be easy. Standard couldn't have sold that many more than DD+ult combined?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Amusing they "fixed" the evade through the level gated stronghole gate big by going "huh, ok you really want to do this 5 levels underleveled? the event is loaded in, motherfucker" as opposed to it having nothing spawned in during beta and slam.

Liverslapper
Jun 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer
<WAFL> Something Waffle is maxed out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Act VI locations are where Blizzard pulled out all of the stops in the art department.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Well I went from 1-27 last night on tier 2 and having a bit of a better experience dropping it down to tier 1. Especially since, tier 2 doesn't really seem to be worth it and I didn't realize you didn't need to beat things on tier 2 exclusively to unlock tier 3. ( I guess you just need to do the cap dungeon on tier 2? But you could play the game entirely on tier 1 and do that after. ) I only died once on tier 2 to a boss I didn't understand the mechanics of at first, so it's not like I was struggling or anything. But was beginning to feel like a slog.

I'm not a huge min/maxer or anything, but if you are doing ranged on the Rogue it does feel like there are some skills that are kind of required compared to other options. Like you would be making a pretty big sacrifice not going down the vulnerability route.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

BurningBeard posted:

Yuuuuup. Glad you said it instead of me but I was def thinking it.

e: If I may predict rather boldly, don’t worry they’ll be back. Wait for the first exploit or balance issue or bug or whatever to surface. You’re gonna hear a whoooooole lot of weird poo poo at that point. Haters are kinda eternal.

I thought the game would have a lovely launch and I'm quiet because I'm happily enjoying the game - I was wrong. Stop trying to perpetuate this faux tribal war between the people who think the game is perfect and 'the haters'.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BurningBeard posted:

Even if that was the right question, I don’t really see the value it adds to the thread.

Hell I’ll bite not that it’s gonna change your disposition.

D4 is a polished, good looking, good sounding, smooth playing ARPG with a budget. That by itself makes it stand out. Why Diablo? Because every other comparable ARPG was made by an indie, with the jank this would imply. ARPG fans don’t get a ton of options. The aforementioned indies all target a certain subset of ARpg players. PoE for the spreadsheet math nerds, Last Epoch for a middleground between PoE and Diablo, Grim Dawn for taking Diablo II’s starting point and emphasizing different things about it.

In short, none of these games are as graphically/auditorially pleasing. All of them have chosen certain facets of ARpg conventions to emphasize, but all of those emphases shrink the fanbase.

D4 smartly hodgepodges all the ideas that have developed from all those disparate games over the years and gives them a broad audience. That’s why D4.

Thank you. You forgot Lost Ark *snickers* that had a budget! I've been playing Mechabellum and while it looks fine it'd be rad if it looked better.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 3, 2023

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I was hoping to wait until the Cyberpunk expansion came out to upgrade my PC but it looks like whenever the ray tracing update gets released will be what does it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

I was hoping to wait until the Cyberpunk expansion came out to upgrade my PC but it looks like whenever the ray tracing update gets released will be what does it.

The path tracing update for CP77 is glorious but ultra system demanding as you need very specific hardware to run it.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Y'all making me want to pony up a $20 tip for Robert "Union Man" Kotick. :qq:

Tuesday a long way away.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

InventorOfTrees posted:

I thought the game would have a lovely launch and I'm quiet because I'm happily enjoying the game - I was wrong. Stop trying to perpetuate this faux tribal war between the people who think the game is perfect and 'the haters'.

I’m glad you’re having a good time.

Doomykins posted:

Tuesday a long way away.
Do it. Your karma can take the hit.

unattended spaghetti fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 2, 2023

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Hulk Krogan posted:

Werewolf/companion build rips. There's ton of interactions between skills and it all combos rent nicely.

You can buff your crit chance a ton/eventually get guaranteed crits from the werewolf skills, which are fun and good on their own. On top of that, there are several things that trigger on crits, like buffing your wolves and resetting the cooldown on all your active companion skills. I'm at level 34 or so and it's an absolute blast.

Edit: go do the spirit boon quest asap, also. You have to hood it way across the map but the boons give you a bunch of pretty significant buffs.

Yeah, I got dumpstered pretty hard by the stronghold end boss a few times with the tornado build, but once I was able to kite him with all my companions up, it was pretty simple. I'd really like to keep Blood Howl even in endgame, I tend to approach RPGs with a more conservative playstyle and want some self-heal available if at all possible. With all companions (creeping vine, wolf, ravens), Blood Howl, and Cyclone Armor, my hotbar is now full... am I going to be able to fit an ultimate skill in? Are there alt-key toggles for the hotbar? Otherwise if I map Q and space-bar to my fancy MMO mouse, I'll be able to play the whole game without touching the keyboard!

If you're ignoring popups and not following a guide, it seems like the class-specific spirit boon quests at level 15 might be easy to miss? I got one popup telling me to press shift+C and one notification in the quest log that didn't look super-different from anything else. If I wasn't reading a guide that said "go do this right now at level 15!" I might have put it off for longer. The collectables for the boons started dropping around that level tho.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

istewart posted:

Yeah, I got dumpstered pretty hard by the stronghold end boss a few times with the tornado build, but once I was able to kite him with all my companions up, it was pretty simple. I'd really like to keep Blood Howl even in endgame, I tend to approach RPGs with a more conservative playstyle and want some self-heal available if at all possible. With all companions (creeping vine, wolf, ravens), Blood Howl, and Cyclone Armor, my hotbar is now full... am I going to be able to fit an ultimate skill in? Are there alt-key toggles for the hotbar? Otherwise if I map Q and space-bar to my fancy MMO mouse, I'll be able to play the whole game without touching the keyboard!

If you're ignoring popups and not following a guide, it seems like the class-specific spirit boon quests at level 15 might be easy to miss? I got one popup telling me to press shift+C and one notification in the quest log that didn't look super-different from anything else. If I wasn't reading a guide that said "go do this right now at level 15!" I might have put it off for longer. The collectables for the boons started dropping around that level tho.

You only get the six. Kind of a bummer but it’s not unprecedented for Diablo. I don’t mind the cooldown evade thingie, but I dream of being able to rebind that for another skill. Seriously doubt it’ll happen but I can dream.

Don’t mind the evade, fwiw. Would just like the extra button.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Doomykins posted:

Tuesday a long way away.

It's 7pm EST on Monday actually.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yeah I think you're limited to just the six skills, so you do have to give up an ultimate. Doesn't seem like much of an issue so far though.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I think I'm solidly into mid-game gear progression since the pickups have been mostly yellow for a while, and I still haven't left the beta area with my amalgamation of Warlock/Shaman/Vampire necro partly because I fear the fog of war, and because it still feels like I'm in Goldshire for the first time trying to knock off the side quests and POIs.

Also this was dropped by a named minor boss Leet Jeff K. of Yosgrad:

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

I think I'm solidly into mid-game gear progression since the pickups have been mostly yellow for a while, and I still haven't left the beta area with my amalgamation of Warlock/Shaman/Vampire necro partly because I fear the fog of war, and because it still feels like I'm in Goldshire for the first time trying to knock off the side quests and POIs.

Also this was dropped by a named minor boss Leet Jeff K. of Yosgrad:

That's amazing if real.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Pretty sure Lowtax's weapon of choice was a gun

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

KingKapalone posted:

It's 7pm EST on Monday actually.

OHHHH BOYYEEE

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Lol my brother's level 30 and still in Fractured Peaks. He had zero interest in ARPGs before but D4's open world and all the poo poo you can do/find has really hooked him.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol some of these cutscenes in the last bits of the story, with your puppy backpack, make the whole thing unintentionally funny.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

a little over 24 hours after the launch of Diablo IV, I have completed the main storyline. Which isnt even that impressive, a lot of people finished it last night. Now the real grind begins.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Pretty sure Lowtax's weapon of choice was a gun

Well, it was definitely the last item he dropped

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Who is the least obnoxious person that produces video content for Diablo? Just don't want my ears destroyed and am looking for stuff to put on and listen to while I work. Looking for mechanics explanations and build guides, mostly. I prefer written but I don't have four eyeballs lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

lmao

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

legendary

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BurningBeard posted:

Who is the least obnoxious person that produces video content for Diablo? Just don't want my ears destroyed and am looking for stuff to put on and listen to while I work. Looking for mechanics explanations and build guides, mostly. I prefer written but I don't have four eyeballs lol.

Probably Rhykker?

https://youtu.be/IhCwxTGUvbI

Or this dude

https://youtu.be/5GZLkOoIvDI

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 3, 2023

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
im level 42 on hardcore and just got mount. really wish I'd just done that straight away instead of doing so much side content in fractured peaks, nevertheless feeling good about not having died yet.

I've got the flame shield on one of my spell enhancement slots as basically a permanent fixture and running a lightning build.

game good

downsides:
i have some crashes that require a hard reboot
recipe of death save elixir needs to be carried in inventory at all times or they drop constantly.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Propaganda Hour posted:

This thread has had some real low lows but the highs, oh the highs are good.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

BurningBeard posted:

I don't understand, you want written video? At any rate Rhykker is pretty popular. I'm following Raxxanterax right now, he's pretty concise which is what I'm looking for in a content creator.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Hit level 30 and decided to take a break.

Pretty happy to run around doing the side missions and explore, still in Act 1.

Managed to get four or five legendaries. They definitely did tweak things to make sure some drop spots weren't going to drop them anymore.

Game is still running good, no issues here.

Despite the fact it really gives you nothing I still enjoy smashing junk. Anyone remember in D3 people were so hard up for gold people were going into one place to smash pots to actually get some. It was the era of Blizzard wanting the cash stop to be where you got a lot of stuff. They nerfed the pottery smashing once enough people were doing it on the regular.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
haha legendary drop rate seems ok for the most part, but I didn't see one drop until I was around level 33-35 which seemed inredible as my friends had found over 5 each by that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Propaganda Hour posted: