Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Is anyone else having seriously performance issues in World Tour Mode (I have the 30 FPS lock turned off)? Everything runs fine in online/battle mode, but running around in the open world, or fighting in World Tour outside has huge issues. I've tried dropping my settings down but it doesn't seem to help much.

Edit: On PC, Nvidia RTX 2060

porfiria fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://youtu.be/TteRjVEnqHU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Have they said anything about fixing lobbies.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Vermain posted:

speaking as someone who's basically never touched these kinds of games, they did a fantastic job of making modern feel accessible without making it simplistic. you have a couple auto combos and simple-to-execute specials, but the "when" and "how" of deploying them is still a puzzle to solve, and you can't just spam the auto combo button due to how they've cleverly fit in ODs and crit arts into the chains. there's even some light raw inputs you need to do on harder ranked characters like juri, where you can't access go ohsatsu without doing the input people on classic have to do

And speaking as a vet of dubious ability, I dig this kinda breakdown. I know modern freaked a lot of people out as a concept but everything I'm hearing about it is amazing. I'm a stubborn rear end in a top hat that'll probably stick to classic because modern is unfamiliar enough to be off putting to me, but more players is always a good thing.

And I just gotta say, this game understands the concept of accessibility as a wholistic concept, rather than a narrowly conceived bunch of edge case options. I'm visually impaired and do okay with pretty much any fighting game I pick up, but that's because fighting games are pretty good for visually impaired people in general. 2D ones especially. Capcom just paid a lot of attention to what visually impaired players needed. Like the only issues I ever had in fighting games had to do with close in mix. No auditory way to know in most cases if you're dealing with a low or an overhead. I have some functional vision and could still get caught out because of how fast some games can get. So they added audio for the heights of attacks.

I handed the demo to a friend who is both not a gamer at all, and is totally blind, and he took a few rounds off me before too long at all. That's incredible, to me.

That care and consideration is everywhere in this game. They made accessibility, both in the disability sense, and the approach ability sense, their number one priority and it shows.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

In Training posted:

Have they said anything about fixing lobbies.

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1664700910637928456?s=20

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it's called fashion, look it up

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Just tried Dee Jay for a couple minutes and he might be my new main. Guy has a lot of flexibility for counters and zoning and I'm awash in loving this franchise all over again :swoon:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

dee jay whips so much rear end

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Deejay all the way imo

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

This game is robust as hell. Makes it hard to get hyped about Diablo 4 and how similar it looks to 3.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

man nurse posted:

This game whips rear end everybody!!

I really suck at it!!
Same :cool:

porfiria posted:

Is anyone else having seriously performance issues in World Tour Mode (I have the 30 FPS lock turned off)? Everything runs fine in online/battle mode, but running around in the open world, or fighting in World Tour outside has huge issues. I've tried dropping my settings down but it doesn't seem to help much.

I keep getting frame dips in any mode from 60 to 45 and back up. Even after I updated my drivers last night, though a bit less after I started reducing my graphical settings which auto-set themselves mostly to super-mega-ultra on everything.
RTX 3070

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Having tried Marisa I regret my previous derisive comments about the snu-snu brigade as she's a loving BLAST to play and just loving annihilates opponents.

Having a charged special that does more than her level 1 super and which annihilates Drive moves is AMAZING.

Orv
May 4, 2011

porfiria posted:

World Tour ran flawlessly for me (3500x/2070 super) for about an hour and a half and then I went to night time and went into the Mad Whomevers alleyway and every fight from there on was in slow mo. Not dropped or hitch frames, the game literally just started playing fights at .5x speed. No idea if I hit a secret thing or if it’s some weird memory leak or what. Also probably not what you’re experiencing but thought I’d mention it.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Orv posted:

World Tour ran flawlessly for me (3500x/2070 super) for about an hour and a half and then I went to night time and went into the Mad Whomevers alleyway and every fight from there on was in slow mo. Not dropped or hitch frames, the game literally just started playing fights at .5x speed. No idea if I hit a secret thing or if it’s some weird memory leak or what. Also probably not what you’re experiencing but thought I’d mention it.

This actually does sound close to what I’m seeing—it’s like the game is rendering at half speed or something.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
World Tour is a lot of fun, though I might be doing it wrong and have only been using one style.

Orv
May 4, 2011

porfiria posted:

This actually does sound close to what I’m seeing—it’s like the game is rendering at half speed or something.

It was fine after going back to the world after each fight but then the next fight would be slow again, so I unfortunately don’t have the first idea for a fix, sorry.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Manon's grabs once she has 4-5 medals are nuts.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Haven't seen any bugs yet or crashes yet, impressing for PC ver this year.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Breetai posted:

Having tried Marisa I regret my previous derisive comments about the snu-snu brigade as she's a loving BLAST to play and just loving annihilates opponents.

Having a charged special that does more than her level 1 super and which annihilates Drive moves is AMAZING.

Hell yeah, pankration owns bones! :hfive: been playing Marisa exclusively outside of world tour mode and she's so much fun. I love playing a big burly bully and the fact that you can convert an ex dimachaerus into a lv3 super art and then it carries them to the corner is bonkers. Hardly practical but very fun!

Online I've faced Luke, a couple of Juri's, Ken, Cammy, and a single JP. The JP was eye opening and he beat me so bad the game wouldn't let me rematch, and he got a perfect on me. Just tricks for days, and I didn't get a single round in our set. I can't wait to play some more JPs and crack how to get in and counter his shenanigans.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Ulio posted:

Haven't seen any bugs yet or crashes yet, impressing for PC ver this year.

Same I’ve put about 3 hours in playing unranked and I’ve yet to encounter any issues besides the general clumsiness of navigating the UI

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I got up to Iron with Kimberley. I'm going to play as her for a while. There aren't many characters I like visually in this game yet, other than the originals, so I was glad Kimberley has a fun moveset. Seems like she has pretty low damage, though. I have to hit people way more than they have to hit me to win.

I'm playing Modern controls. Started off classic but y'know, I have always been poo poo at getting out CAs so it's worth the damage trade off otherwise I'd only perform them 30% of the time anyway. Also it's just more fun - I'm deciding what I want to do moment to moment and actually doing it, rather than maybe doing it or maybe not.

The world tour thing is pretty cool actually. It's nice to switch back and forth from online to that. Is it just one campaign in the city, or what? I don't know how much to focus on it, or if I'm just going to clear it in 8 hours and never touch it again.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
anyone know how to change which clan/dojo/whatever displays as your main one if youre in multiple?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i don't mind losing to Marisa's because a giantess picking up and cradling a broken Ryu is always funny

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Maybe I’ll actually give modern controls a shot… they sound pretty fun!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Soul Glo posted:

i don't mind losing to Marisa's because a giantess picking up and cradling a broken Ryu is always funny

So I want adjust to Blanka soon, but I figured I would play Ryu first just to break back into SF and shake off the rust. Did surprisingly well in Battlehub, got utterly wrecked in my first 7 placement matches by some absolute killers, and went "yeah no still rusty" plus battlehub might be one of the most fun lobbies in a fighting game I've ever played.

Still got rocked by some people, but getting the basic mechanics and flow of SVI has been good. A pleasant surprise was how fun and different Ryu is now and how many fun tools he has and homages to Gouken and Oro, it's really cool to see him evolve. I feel like Ken and Ryu are the furthest away from clones as they have ever been in the series. I ended up liking the old Hadouken man far more than I ussually do might stick with him for a while tbh.

Honestly ALL of the characters seem fun to play, and that's frankly just crazy and amazing to me for a launch fighting game. Every connection smooth as butter: I'm in Columbus and got bodied by an amazing Marisa in the Akhibara arcade I've played at, and the connection was great.

This game is black magic

I'm sticking to classic controls for now, but what the pros/ cons of the different control schemes? Didn't get a chance to play the betas ever..

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 3, 2023

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Started from bronze and just made it to gold with Zangief. I'm just doing SPD most of the time and random pokes.

Nobody has any meaty timing down so there's a lot of jumping and flailing around. I'm doing a lot of neutral jumping.

I've been accepting every connection and they all seemed really good. Even the wifi players seemed fine to me.

I think I lost to every modern control player! Cool to see that.

I'm enjoying this much more than SF5.

poe meater fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 3, 2023

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

MonsterEnvy posted:

I need to figure out how to play JP. I am currently losing 100% of the time.

Just do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7vIYWYo7sY

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Man my cammy confirms are terrrrrible, I feel like I just don't get a lot of damage without spending a bunch of drive gauge.

Also man, Marisa's so strong if you don't know the matchup well. One wrong option choice and you lose like 40% without her even spending a super

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

SonicFox seems like a good follow on that front too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O9X5b20PaQ

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I've now played Ken, Dee Jay, and Cammy. I liked Ken and Dee Jay a lot, although I don't feel I'm really taking advantage of Dee Jay's tricks; when I try to use my moves from my backsway I tend to just eat poo poo instead. I dig Ken's style too. I thought I'd like Cammy but she just isn't clicking for me.

Gonna try out E. Honda for something completely different.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I just booted the game for the first time and am trying to create a custom room to play with a friend. When either of us try to create a room the game throws an alert that "This feature is currently unavailable".

Can you not make rooms yet?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I just booted the game for the first time and am trying to create a custom room to play with a friend. When either of us try to create a room the game throws an alert that "This feature is currently unavailable".

Can you not make rooms yet?

Rooms are still down

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
If only there were three online beta tests they could’ve tested custom lobbies in. Oh well that would’ve been impossible

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

guppy posted:

I've now played Ken, Dee Jay, and Cammy. I liked Ken and Dee Jay a lot, although I don't feel I'm really taking advantage of Dee Jay's tricks; when I try to use my moves from my backsway I tend to just eat poo poo instead. I dig Ken's style too. I thought I'd like Cammy but she just isn't clicking for me.

Gonna try out E. Honda for something completely different.

Cammy's cool, but for some reason I'm just kinda wanting to go back to chun while I'm playing her :shobon:

She feels pretty good though, but man you gotta be on the ball for hit confirms because you ain't cancelling into anything safe that's for sure.

Might go back to chun tomorrow and see how that feels

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I’m away from my computer but does anyone have that great JP art you unlock when you beat arcade mode with him?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Is there any way to check your movelist in between fights? Maybe I'm blind but I can't find it. I don't want to go load up training just to look at the list.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I expected to use the Modern controls, but after many months of Strive I just find the Classic controls way more intuitive. Not what I thought would happen!

I've been working on Kimberly. The many options out of Sprint is really fun to play with.

Haven't played online yet, I'll get started on that tomorrow.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/crofts/status/1664720473953804296

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Man, HP blanka ball is only -15 on block, which means if you block it I don't think there's a way to punish it (as cammy at least)

Maybe if you true parry drive rush? I guess you can super or DP it but that's about it. Lost my winstreak to a blanka doing basically only that and then shorting it and throwing as the two mixups :(

I won the other two games but dang it, there's gotta be an option there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Man, HP blanka ball is only -15 on block, which means if you block it I don't think there's a way to punish it (as cammy at least)

Maybe if you true parry drive rush? I guess you can super or DP it but that's about it. Lost my winstreak to a blanka doing basically only that and then shorting it and throwing as the two mixups :(

I won the other two games but dang it, there's gotta be an option there

-15 is huge but I'm guessing he's at a crazy distance after block?