Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Hodgman's entire deal is being a snooty blowhard with a heart of gold, it might not be for everyone, and that's fine.

Blame Travis for Travis!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Blame Yourself or Travis

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

flavor.flv posted:

Blame Yourself or Travis

Travis

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Have you ever danced with Travis in the pale moonlight?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

Blame Yourself or Travis

it was really hosed up when people found out this wasn't a real quote from MBMBaM, it was just something someone edited into an episode

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://youtu.be/eYO1-gGWJyo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
"Weird Stuff That Our Dad Texts Us" is my favorite semi-regular MBMBAM bit.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Hello all. I made a feedback thread for RGD. Since this sub might be full of people who live in their bookmarks, I am linking it in here too. Come tell me about RGD.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Hand Knit posted:

Hello all. I made a feedback thread for RGD. Since this sub might be full of people who live in their bookmarks, I am linking it in here too. Come tell me about RGD.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I download and listen to podcasts in batches so for the last 5 or so The Adventure Zones, Justin has been telling me that next week there won't be a TAZ episode. I appreciate that he also doesn't read an ad during this.

I can't believe how good Steeplechase is.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Timely joke about the Star Wars hotel to start off this week's TAZ.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

hmm, get hosed you will…

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ariong posted:

hmm, get hosed you will…

Back half of this weeks episode was a loving ride, goddamn

The ever swinging pendulum between cringe and funny

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

out, your back, will be blown...

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I can’t believe they didn’t come up with Randy’s Nuts.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This "Simply The Guest" game has big Travis energy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I could listen to Clint just shoot from the hip all day. His "disguise" this week got a chuckle outta me.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
On besties Griffin said he can’t wait to to do a new monster factory with street fighter 6. So hopefully that doesn’t take months to come out.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

C-Euro posted:

This "Simply The Guest" game has big Travis energy.

Except for the part where it was good, yes.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Sockser posted:

Except for the part where it was good, yes.

Did I say that it was bad?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The Funny Man

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Zero One posted:

The Funny Man

Got a literal guffaw out of me, Justin is a treasure

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

The end of the latest TAZ is an all timer.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I could honestly house a pickle pizza

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
:rip: Krystal

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Justin.:allears:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Jesus christ

Steeplechase is so loving good

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm all for these guys getting a promotion!

Edit: Wait.... Dark Night helps criminals and Funny Guy is a criminal. Dark Night helped the criminal by being the hero who rescued Denton so Funny Guy could get a gig at Steeplechase...

Wow the layers. Just two, but still...

Edit 2 didn't read before posting, doh

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jun 16, 2023

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo Travis going 2/2 on Minion Quotes was legitimately impressive

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

timp posted:

Holy poo poo Travis going 2/2 on Minion Quotes was legitimately impressive

Oh hey I was at this show

seriously that bird had no business being that hot

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I’ve said it before but I feel compelled to say it again; the Poppy’s Place “music” is so goddamn grating and miserable. I hate every single downtime because of this music. It’s beyond irritating.

Also I think Travis has completely forgotten that he’s playing a character in an RPG. What happened to Beef? He’s just Travis now.

I was digging Steeplechase but it’s feeling more and more low-effort and unfocused lately.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
It does seem like there’s plenty of game mechanics - heat, factions in general - that Justin isn’t engaging with (on microphone, anyway). It would probably help both him and the players with acting/reacting rather than kind of drifting along.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I'm a bit surprised they haven't leveled up their faction or whatever but it's not bothering me. Also the music is good, sorry about ur brain.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

poor life choice posted:

It does seem like there’s plenty of game mechanics - heat, factions in general - that Justin isn’t engaging with (on microphone, anyway). It would probably help both him and the players with acting/reacting rather than kind of drifting along.

Yeah I don't feel like they're playing the game very deeply which is...fine I guess? But I dunno I like Steeplechase, genuinely, but I also can't pretend to give a gently caress about what happens in it at all. Which now that I think about it is totally on brand for a Justin campaign. He doesn't give a gently caress either.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

They're not doing a Let's Play of a TTRPG, they're doing a narrative podcast that uses a TTRPG as a framework. Blades seems to work much better for their purposes than, say, 5e. They ignored 75% of 5e, too.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

imo the less mechanics the better, aside from narrative dice rolls

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

more falafel please posted:

They're not doing a Let's Play of a TTRPG, they're doing a narrative podcast that uses a TTRPG as a framework. Blades seems to work much better for their purposes than, say, 5e. They ignored 75% of 5e, too.

Sure. I haven’t played Blades in the Dark but I have messed around with Scum and Villainy, and it seems like there are game mechanics to help better get to the action or introduce complications that make for good radio. Most of the best MBMBaM content starts with a yahoo or email to the brothers. Let the game do more of the premise heavy lifting.

The church sequence of the most recent episode was pretty funny, the episode or two where the group was fumbling around in the non-downtime/non-heist freeform investigation of a frame job was much weaker.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

poor life choice posted:

Sure. I haven’t played Blades in the Dark but I have messed around with Scum and Villainy, and it seems like there are game mechanics to help better get to the action or introduce complications that make for good radio. Most of the best MBMBaM content starts with a yahoo or email to the brothers. Let the game do more of the premise heavy lifting.

The church sequence of the most recent episode was pretty funny, the episode or two where the group was fumbling around in the non-downtime/non-heist freeform investigation of a frame job was much weaker.

Whenever there's a TAZ arc where the cast has to solve an open-ended mystery it's usually really weak and you get multiple episodes of them chasing their tails. In fairness it's really hard both to run and to interestingly play out detective stories in a tabletop game.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

games that are good, like blades, actually use their mechanics to create fun roleplaying situations, instead of needing to be ignored to do that like d&d. the "you have to ignore most of the rules to have fun" is something you gotta unlearn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I wish I could see this hot bird