Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I killed the butcher on my 33ish sorc but it was sheer luck and years of kiting experience. I could stand and blast him when all my cooldowns were up (ice armor, frost nova for vuln, unstable currents to make a dent in his health bar), but then I had to run like crazy, chug potions, and juke his chain and charge. Took me about 5 minutes, mostly waiting on the cooldown of unstable currents. Now I'm 36 and just doing the act 1 pilgrimage. Easily going to be twice the level my beta character was when I finish act 1.

I set out tonight to speed run the plot and make progress towards my mount, then found myself spending an hour helping the bear clan tribe. What, no, don't give me your sacred hammer... I'm just gonna melt down the thing at your own blacksmith...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

I'm doing a shitload of side quests, they're p fun & diverse. Two things I miss:
1. My lil pet buds who fetch gold
2. Move speed buff from smashing stuff

What's cool is dropping a pin on the map gives a gps line which is nice cuz I have a habit of wandering around

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Starting to think mounts should come earlier if there's gonna be such a lack of waypoints

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
lol @ the tall and skinny fallen

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Coolest screen I’ve snagged so far

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Why in the hell is Act 3 spoiler Meshif hanging around? its been 70 years since Diablo 2! And he was already in his 20s\30s then.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

George H.W. oval office posted:

Why in the hell is Act 3 spoiler Meshif hanging around? its been 70 years since Diablo 2! And he was already in his 20s\30s then.

Dude used to hand out bird statuettes that could be turned into potions of life, figures he would still be kicking.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

InventorOfTrees posted:

so what version of the game are yall playing?

lol this owns

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

site posted:

Starting to think mounts should come earlier if there's gonna be such a lack of waypoints

I rarely ever used my mount to be honest. Quest points are not that far away from each other, and you're always wanting to fight stuff, it just didn't feel worth while.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I got disconnected immediately after killing (Act VI boss) Ashava and now it's telling me my account is locked and try again in a few minutes.

My review: Game's really big. The story is exactly what I want out of a higher-number sequel story that balances the old and new in a way that rehashes some, but is mostly fresh.

Also, the writing and some of the quests are clearly influenced by Witcher 3. An NPC used the word "whoreson" which I'd never known until it was said about 200 times in W3.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Lister posted:

I got disconnected immediately after killing (Act VI boss) Ashava and now it's telling me my account is locked and try again in a few minutes.

My review: Game's really big. The story is exactly what I want out of a higher-number sequel story that balances the old and new in a way that rehashes some, but is mostly fresh.

Also, the writing and some of the quests are clearly influenced by Witcher 3. An NPC used the word "whoreson" which I'd never known until it was said about 200 times in W3.

not influenced by, largely written by the same guy

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
lol loving Christ, was in town waiting on my party to finish their poo poo when I got DC'd and now I'm getting

quote:

Your Account Is Currently Locked. Please wait a few minutes and try again. (Code 395002)

When I try to log back in. With people online saying that this lasted for anywhere between a few minutes and a few hours. Guess there is no playing the game for me.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I repaired my install and it fixed something similar - TPs and waypoints would just fizzle, so I ran back to town and clicked my stash which booted me out lol

First post since game release since time posting is time not on that grind :dance: the game is fun, I keep getting distracted from my "rush this poo poo" plan by fun events and side quests. Surprising MVP is the wardrobe dress up color coordination.

Level 34 HC 75% solo shifter druid

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Couldn't resist picking up the game. Playing a barb and it rules. I really like the arsenal system they have going on with all their weapons. Dunno about builds or whatever or even if the barb is good but this is fun.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

I have had 2 MQL errors tonite tho, killed a boss for a story quest and it just didn't register had to restart the game, and a quest that won't progress. I'm on PS5 and others on PC mentioned having a couple of similar issues. For me a quit//reload fixed it both times. Also someone upthread asked if anyone thought the Lunging Strike sound for Barbs was tool loud and I want to say no, not at all.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
My d3 goons, the numlock trick works.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I think I'm gonna buy this game. Any reason why I should not pick PC over consoles?

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

diablo means devil

:cheers:

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
After fully exploring two sub-zones, game would not let me traverse into new zone / teleport home.
Had to actually *log out* and *download a patch* - lost 5 minutes of actual in-game time.

I swear to god Blizz, this is loving pathetic, YOU CAN'T KEEP GOING ON LIKE THIS

(first actual issue so far, this is a pretty good launch for a AAA always-online game)

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

31 on a wizard and playing around with builds it feels like chain lightning is the strongest. The aspect that gives you mana when you self-bounce helps chain lightning in ST so it's good at everything. Unstable Currents is great for bosses. I didn't try fire too much but wasn't digging hydra. Inferno sounded cool though.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

squirrelzipper posted:

I have had 2 MQL errors tonite tho, killed a boss for a story quest and it just didn't register had to restart the game,
If it's the mounted one that zooms around a town in the fight, you have to wait til he gets next to the fence to trigger the next scene. I killed him too quickly twice and was having the same problem.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
think something might be up with the servers?

J
Jun 10, 2001

As far as bugs/issues go, I had one weird issue in a dungeon where none of my abilities worked. Pressing the buttons didn't do anything, dodge didn't do anything. Weirdly enough though the jump/climb function still worked. Had to log out to character screen and come back to fix it. Another time I had my character somehow glitch out underneath the terrain and get stuck, had to tp out and run back. Other than that, I've had several instances of an npc getting stuck when trying to lead them to the next quest marker. Usually running away a screen or two and coming back fixes those, although I did have one where I had to go find a jump/climb spot to get the npc to "un-stick" out of the animation they were stuck in before coming back. I didn't think to try TPing out and back to fix that one.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I haven't seen very many bugs aside from the skill bug relog thing. I know several stud-level HC racers have lost characters due to mobs with bugged abilities that were beyond the scope of the betas. Almost everyone in Shroud's group died around level 50 as they were starting WL 3 content to completely different things; one was an infinite duration stun that no CDs could get out of including ones you should be able to use during a stun. Another was a mysterious DoT that never ended even after all mobs were disengaged, several potions were used, and an immunity ability didn't purge it.

I guess the game has trouble loading horse models when other players mount (on my 4090 PC lol, don't think it's a hardware prob) but that's a minor graphical issue.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020
https://imgur.com/a/WUXmXN9

Goty

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

bagrada posted:

Has anyone killed Ashava or any other world bosses? How do they work in live?

I saw a group of hard core players do it on stream. Streamer survived but a level 50 barb got killed. Would be nice if there was some kind of notice when a world boss/event is up. How are you supposed to know?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

yo, is it viable to go without minions for a necro? what build should I aim for while levelling? I see I can "sacrifice" my minions for a bonus

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

InventorOfTrees posted:

so what version of the game are yall playing?

Hell yeah I played a good amount of d3 streaming from my PlayStation to my psp. It works surprisingly well

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Yo some of these dungeon bosses don't mess around. I'm level 15 on world tier 1 and I had to try 3 times to kill this one in Light's Keep, and I made it only by the skin of my teeth.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

CLAM DOWN posted:

yo, is it viable to go without minions for a necro? what build should I aim for while levelling? I see I can "sacrifice" my minions for a bonus

I've been tearing poo poo up with the exploding corpse and bone spears. I sacrificed my skeletal wizards to get a bonus that stacks with those abilities but I'm still using my warriors and golem for now.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Megasabin posted:

I came in with a lot of hype and found my reaction was mixed.

The game runs well, the environments are very pretty, and it generally feels good to click some monsters to death. Oddly, some skills have downright ugly animations (frozen orb is hideous).

The leveling/skills feel far more anemic when actually playing the game than they did on paper when I read about them before release. I played 6 hours, made it to level 28 on Sorc, and I've already unlocked every ability I'm ever going to use. The skills are also no where near as fun to level. When you take multi-hit with the amazon from level 1 to 20 and see 2 arrows go to 20 arrows, that's a very visceral sense of power. In this one, every skill only has 5 levels, and it's generally just "damage goes up". There's a real lack of power progression and I don't see that changing in the first 50 levels. We will see how the paragon boards play out, but I've looked at them, and even the unique/rare nodes are mostly just passives that make certain builds do better at what they were already doing.

It is wild to me that blizzard itself figured out this is bad design via wow talent trees like a decade ago and they come out swinging with this...

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Enjoying a (early, leveling) storm druid build, with blood howl to keep health+spirit up and wolves to keep bosses distracted and give some extra help with getting big hp sponges down with the active skill. The 5th node unlocks a big bunch of storm-spell-bonuses and I just clear out screens quite fast now that I spent a few points there, plus hurricane seems to be pretty darn good and I can't wait for Cataclysm (still level 21 or so). I'd just love to have a bit more spirit in order to cast more before having to wail on people with my basic skill, but maybe gear will eventually help with that.

I do miss Diablo 3's infinite free respec, but I can see how this will be more satisfying to figure out a good build...

Do people tend to use their 4 non-mouse skill slots on 4 different abilities, as the game seems to want you to, or double down on stuff? Early on when mobs and elites were less dangerous I'd have both Rend and Lightning Storm as core skills (but using targetable attack skills from hotkeys sucks rear end :( ) for high hp and trash swarms respectively, but now I kinda need that slot for a defense skill, and I'm not giving up the better spells I'm unlocking later on to keep using 2 "early game" let's say skills from the same tier...

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

katkillad2 posted:

I saw a group of hard core players do it on stream. Streamer survived but a level 50 barb got killed. Would be nice if there was some kind of notice when a world boss/event is up. How are you supposed to know?

There was a massive on screen notification and countdown in the beta. Assume that is still the case

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i vomit kittens posted:

I've been tearing poo poo up with the exploding corpse and bone spears. I sacrificed my skeletal wizards to get a bonus that stacks with those abilities but I'm still using my warriors and golem for now.

corpse explosion is so loving awesome, k i'll try that out

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

Hell yeah

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I feel attacked

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
can somebody explain DPS and stuff on weapons to me when my basic attack skills are like 10 damage per use vs like 100 on the weapon? I don't even have a basic attack option?

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020
For a data point.....I'm not a super min max player but I did follow a chain lightning build guide.... campaign took me about 14 hours, at the end I was level 37 but everyone in the last act was 45, still extremely doable though the levels don't scale nearly as badly as past diablo games where that would have been impossible. I did next to no side quests, if I could do it over again I would've done some side stuff for renown during the campaign to be leveled a little higher though. This was tier 1 only

Is it just me or are strongholds clearly the easiest path for renown points? They take even less time than codex dungeons.

Has anyone gotten to WT3 yet? I'm gonna wait til 45 to try that quest.

molestrios fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 3, 2023

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BULBASAUR posted:

can somebody explain DPS and stuff on weapons to me when my basic attack skills are like 10 damage per use vs like 100 on the weapon? I don't even have a basic attack option?

Your basic skill probably tells you it does 10% of your weapon damage. Leveling it up will increase that percentage. Other skills will work in the same way,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Mr Beens posted:

There was a massive on screen notification and countdown in the beta. Assume that is still the case

Nah I was playing when the boss was up and didn't see any notifications or anything on the map and the streamer didn't know about it either until someone in his chat told him and where to go.