Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Maybe it's because I can't fathom being so absolutely desperate for people's attention. I just can't empathize with that line of reasoning. I dunno.

Ugh, terrible snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Tarkus posted:

Maybe it's because I can't fathom being so absolutely desperate for people's attention. I just can't empathize with that line of reasoning. I dunno.

Ugh, terrible snipe

Maybe pay more attention

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Do you suppose that Elon stans hate-read this thread?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Underwhelmed posted:

Well see they aren’t pedophiles because they want to conceive as many children as possible with children because that is just biology. Also the term isn’t pedos, it’s ephebos

"Minor Attracted Person" has been the go-to for a while for the creeps trying to pretend raping children is a legitimate sexual orientation.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I sometimes forget that there are people who openly advocate for sex with children. More things remind me of that fact more and more everyday. ☹️

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I am going to smush Elon's head with my rear end

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

nine-gear crow posted:

Should have made it Krusty themed. Krusty is the exact type of venal shithead who'd get in on and put his name and face all over a crypto scam. KrustyKoin was right there for the taking too!

Call it the Krusty Koin Krypto to attract a Twitter audience.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Call it the Krusty Koin Krypto to attract a Twitter audience.

KKK? Uuuugh, I feel like we've done this before.</krusty>

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Tarkus posted:

Do you suppose that Elon stans hate-read this thread?

i think those are exactly as rare as republicans around here, or at least as well concealed

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

They pop up once in a while.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Last night at a company dinner the topic of Musk came up. Most people around the table were normies and calling him a moron. However one guy was all like "buying twitter was genius as it means Musk can forever off set the losses.and never pay tax ever again."

It seems that even normies outside of the us are starting to realize what Musk is, but there are still some holdouts.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

fish and chips and dip posted:

However one guy was all like "buying twitter was genius as it means Musk can forever off set the losses.and never pay tax ever again."
Or he could still have 44 billion dollars. Somehow I don't think those tax "savings" are going to add up to that amount. :elon:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Probably the same kind of moron that refuses a raise because "it puts them in the next tax bracket."

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
And the same kind of moron that is self employed with 0 employees and empties their business account each year on a new truck or some bullshit 'so it doesn't get taxed'

America is full of these types, they'll always be around.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Or he could still have 44 billion dollars. Somehow I don't think those tax "savings" are going to add up to that amount. :elon:

To be fair, the tax code for billionaires is kind of hosed up, so who knows?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Putty posted:

Your rear end is too scrawny to do anything.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Elon is the villain sidekick who goes "heh... you got em good! Nice one, boss!" in an outrageous New Jersey accent

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Putty posted:

I would suggest a major drawback of this is that it means touching captain memo....

Unless you know... you meant donkey. That might be a plan.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

what is screenshot?
directly linking to twitter costs elon 0.00000001% of a cent. sounds like you simply want to protect his failing finances!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Endorph posted:

directly linking to twitter costs elon 0.00000001% of a cent. sounds like you simply want to protect his failing finances!

On the other hand, a screenshot is useful as evidence in case the dipshit making the tweet deletes it or gets their account suspended for being a dipshit.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

nine-gear crow posted:

On the other hand, a screenshot is useful as evidence in case the dipshit making the tweet deletes it or gets their account suspended for being a dipshit.

For some reason, I've been seeing that happen a lot less lately

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

"Minor Attracted Person" has been the go-to for a while for the creeps trying to pretend raping children is a legitimate sexual orientation.

I'm pretty certain the only usage this ever sees is chuds pretending to be LGBTQA+ so other chuds can quote them as why all non hetero peeps should be megakilled

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MAP is a real term that gets used sometimes, it ostensibly started as a term to be used for people who had those thoughts but were sincerely trying to work through them with psychologists. of course it almost immediately got co-opted by 1) creeps who were very much not horrified by those urges and 2) guys insincerely trying to tie it to the LGBT movement.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/JeremyDBoreing/status/1664255324763693057?t=-Uu5f-oxFweowgrBm0GpoA&s=19

Probably missed this one being posted already but :laffo: that Elon wanted to pull a U2 with this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the funniest thing is elon musk owns the drat website he could have done that if he wanted.

instead he just made both advertisers and his right wing buddies mad

how do you manage to make yourself the loser in a situation where you hold literally all the power

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Endorph posted:

the funniest thing is elon musk owns the drat website he could have done that if he wanted.

how do you manage to make yourself the loser in a situation where you hold literally all the power

elon wants to be loved by both sides and is not aware that that is literally impossible. people who think they can make both sides approve of them always just manage to piss everyone off at them

still lol at managing to gently caress that one up so badly

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Ignis posted:

https://twitter.com/JeremyDBoreing/status/1664255324763693057?t=-Uu5f-oxFweowgrBm0GpoA&s=19

Probably missed this one being posted already but :laffo: that Elon wanted to pull a U2 with this

Because people always remember that U2 thing very fondly and not as a weird corporate overreach, lol this loving guy.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

BigglesSWE posted:

Because people always remember that U2 thing very fondly and not as a weird corporate overreach, lol this loving guy.

I remember reading an interview with Bono not too long ago where he made a very compelling argument as to why he was the real victim in that whole debacle, lemme tell you.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Tarkus posted:

I don't think that Musk has any real serious values in the political sphere. What I mean by this is that while he may be a hateful bigot, I don't think he feels that strongly about anything in the moral sphere. I don't think he's trying to find friends or look cool for cool's sake. I think that he figures that right wingers, particularly authoritarian ones, are going to be in control next election cycle and beyond. I suspect that he believes that the downside to not currying favor with chuds now and in the future is much greater than the punishment from the left or democrats. Let's be honest, we on the left have basically no power to cancel him but an authoritarian government formed by christian nationalists would. They could do more than cancel him.

Wait, so you're saying he's doing this to appease a theoretical future right wing regime, so he's not tortured by it?

A sort of..

Roko's Nazilisk

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Elon either got beat up too much or not enough as a kid I dunno which

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Also lol that despite being boosted by the owner this didn't garner as much impression as a browser doing this https://twitter.com/operagxofficial/status/1664279251879890944?t=SUdumXKosOtBsr2MyVsxbw&s=19

Wtf is a browser for gamers???

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its just marketing spin for 'its lightweight unlike google chrome so it isnt tanking your fps'

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

steinrokkan posted:

It's like a browser, but for gamers

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

haljordan posted:

Definitely not enough, that "bully" (Musk was the actual bully, of course) should've ended him.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Steadiman posted:

It's like a browser, but for gamers

I see you didn't remember to include any gamer words in your reddit post, would you like me to help you with that?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

It's standard Opera with a few extras like controls to throttle CPU/RAM usage when games are running, and a sidebar with Twitch, Discord and a bunch of other gaming sites in it.

And a bunch of garish gamer colour themes.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

haljordan posted:

This is a guy which, on his 50s, frequently needs his mom to come out and defend him publicly for the incredible stupid choices he keeps making.

Possibility 1: frequently bullied as a kid, which affected his views on life for better or worse
Possibility 2: spent whole life with a silver spoon in his month, never having to deal with any repercussions for his actions, and thus became a massive narcissist

I don't think we are seeing the first one of those scenarios.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Endorph posted:

This is what I don't get. Like dude it's your company you want to turn it into Trans Stormfront then accept no one wants to advertise there, but holy poo poo don't act like your Anime Vengeance Quest because Grimes is a slightly better human being than you is some sort of "Both sides are wrong, I am so enlightened, why don't you support my place of free speech where I silence all opposition and boost genocides"

Like just gently caress you dude, you are not an enlightened centrist. You're just a scorned loving loser bigot with billions to burn and no viable business model.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 3, 2023

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Ignis posted:

16 part twitter thread, even the sycophants with blue hate long form tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

steinrokkan posted:

I see you didn't remember to include any gamer words in your reddit post, would you like me to help you with that?

Yes