Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

megane posted:

Tragically you can also get Morrow being boring. Give us more of Hallowette and Melk bickering please

drat I missed out on this our first run, we got boring Morrow. Gotta see these two in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Looks like I can no longer easily spam my voidstrike staff by tapping R!

Major bummer.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The Demilich posted:

Looks like I can no longer easily spam my voidstrike staff by tapping R!

Major bummer.

that's been gone for a while lol, honestly kinda okay with that. Fatshark is also okay with a compensatory buff if it was really crucial to making the weapon feel good to use (see Crucis TH). Voidstrike doesn't need buffs though, imo best staff all around.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I found out if I just threw 5 fireballs normal fireballs really fast I can spam it again for the whole level

Which is good cause I prefer the speed of machine gunning and I honestly would have just put my psyker away for a while.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

I didn't have a good voidstaff before so I don't know about the prior holding R, but you can definitely frantically alternate tapping left click and R while holding right click to rapid fire out the void balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AneLeDDO_Q

You can see warp flurry stacking at the beginning when I'm doing it normally, but it just makes the charging faster rather than get them out faster.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

This game hates loading (error 3001)

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I swear they stealth fixed thrust IV being bugged. No longer 1-shotting beast of nurgle on damnation with the thunder hammer.

Truly sad days ahead

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

TwatHammer posted:

I swear they stealth fixed thrust IV being bugged. No longer 1-shotting beast of nurgle on damnation with the thunder hammer.

Truly sad days ahead

Well it's not stealth, given they detail it in the patch notes for 1.1.2.

quote:

Fixed bug on the blessing ‘Thrust’ that caused miscalculations of power bonuses. Blessing power bonus should now line up with text in-game, at max tier 20% bonus stacked 3 times, rather than defaulting all tiers to 50% stacked 3 times.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

I swear reading is hard, I swear.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Stolen from elsewhere:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Haven't played in a while. The shock troops mode is so much fun, every other mode feels lackluster by comparison. Malice with shock troops is almost as hard as vanilla Damnation.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Haz 5 shock troop hi intensity is about as fun as it gets although some of the waves are insane.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Typical Pubbie posted:

Haven't played in a while. The shock troops mode is so much fun, every other mode feels lackluster by comparison. Malice with shock troops is almost as hard as vanilla Damnation.

I just yesterday did hi-intensity gauntlet malice back-to-back with lo-intensity damnation.

Lo-intensity 5: 1002 enemies killed total, 2 monstrosities.
Hi-intensity shock Gauntlet 3: 1988 enemies killed total, 4 monstrosities.

It was literally comparable challenge, Especially with the poxburster trains.

I appreciate the modifiers a lot on mixing the gameplay experience.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

So today I learned something about pox bursters and monstrousities.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/294127738774880256/1116508237731209226/pox_bursters_double_team_chaos_spawn.mp4

Namely that pox bursters win in a fight with one.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

What the hell happened in Heresy difficulty that's made everyone absolute dogshit

I find some really competent teams in Damnation, but everyone in Heresy is a loving mess now. I just did *four* full team rescues in one map and we still lost. Meanwhile we did Damnation repair mission with the dog modifier and one bot and we all crushed it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm gonna share a cool tip. Some of you might know it, but I know it's not universal.

You know the stuff that slows you to a crawl? Like venting, brain bursting, firing certain guns like the stubber, etc? You can do some sneaky clever bullshit to keep your mobility during that. You generally can't dodge, which leaves you a sitting duck and makes it really dangerous to do that stuff when melee is bearing down on you. But if you do it right you can back-dodge while crouching and get at least some of the dodge distance as you slide backwards, even during these forced slow things.

Especially as a Psyker, it's an absolute lifesaver, but I do it with my Ogryn if I have to reload the Gorgonum Stubber or keep a little distance while firing (e.g. against bosses and ragers). And not only is it good for keeping some distance from melee attackers, but you can use it when having locked on with Brainburst to quickly dip back from the edge so that you break line of sight on yourself quickly.

It feels like the pro-est poo poo imaginable, and I don't know anybody that does it, so if you haven't discovered it yet, there you go. Have fun with it.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What the hell happened in Heresy difficulty that's made everyone absolute dogshit

I find some really competent teams in Damnation, but everyone in Heresy is a loving mess now. I just did *four* full team rescues in one map and we still lost. Meanwhile we did Damnation repair mission with the dog modifier and one bot and we all crushed it.

It’s dire. I dropped down to malice last night to try and grab the last zero deaths run I needed for melk and I swear to god a team of three bots would have been better.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
I play malice when I’m drinking so maybe I’m the problem

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

yeah I play mostly malice with a sprinkling of heresy. I could go full time heresy or damnation but this is one game I literally only play high out of my mind

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I mean, I tend to play malice when I'm either drunk or just want to loving veg too, but malice is pretty loving easy if you're 30 and have anything like half-way OK gear and are even mildly competent.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

you're supposed to play Damnation when drunk

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Damnation is just peak brainrot and i wouldn't have it any other way. Some of my best matches came from everyone just dicking around and playing "punt the poxburster" and scoring how far they fly. Always end up finishing too.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah, recently I'm having a bunch of weirdly difficult runs on malice, too. Sometimes it's clearly a matter of the director loving us over and spawning two dogs, two poxbursters, and a flamer in the middle of a horde. But other times it's stuff like a guy on his last wound running past the healing station two separate times, having a squad full of 30s and yet somehow nothing dying in a timely manner, or the whole bunch just blithely running off in the middle of an ongoing horde. :psyduck:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Can blessings be upgraded when you rip them from a weapon, or they forever stuck at that level?

Just got my Ogryn to level 30 and never really fooled around with the post-game weapon grind after they implemented the better crafting system. All my orange weapons on other characters were just upgraded from blues or drops.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

you only get that particular blessing level from any weapon and can't upgrade them

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

haldolium posted:

you only get that particular blessing level from any weapon and can't upgrade them

Gotcha, so would a level 3 blessing be worth spending melk bucks on, or just wait for a the 4 to show up?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

there'll always be more melkbux and if you want the blessing just grab it now at 5% or whatever less effectiveness

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Anti-Hero posted:

Gotcha, so would a level 3 blessing be worth spending melk bucks on, or just wait for a the 4 to show up?

You'll get plenty of 3's by raising up trash greys, save your mellbux for 4's.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Anti-Hero posted:

depends on the blessing a little, but in general I would say get it and scrap it to have it for everything, as it is easier to get weapons with good base stats as it is to get lucky with RNG for blessings.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

haldolium posted:

depends on the blessing a little, but in general I would say get it and scrap it to have it for everything, as it is easier to get weapons with good base stats as it is to get lucky with RNG for blessings.

Gotcha.

It's Confident Strike III on a cleaver, which I understand is pretty desireable.

Really I'm keeping my eyes peeled for Slaughterer III or IV. I have level 2 on a trash blue I got at like level 15 and it's carried me all the way through level 30 just fine on Haz 3.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Seems like any stacking power blessing on any weapon is the right choice.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

How many active players does the game have now on steam?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

The Demilich posted:

How many active players does the game have now on steam?

https://steamcharts.com/app/1361210

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Anti-Hero posted:

Gotcha.

It's Confident Strike III on a cleaver, which I understand is pretty desireable.

Really I'm keeping my eyes peeled for Slaughterer III or IV. I have level 2 on a trash blue I got at like level 15 and it's carried me all the way through level 30 just fine on Haz 3.

If it's a blessing where you already know you want to use it, spend the Melk Bucks. If you see a 4 and a use doesn't come to mind, might as well wait because the shop refreshes every day but you only get new quests once a week.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If it's a blessing where you already know you want to use it, spend the Melk Bucks. If you see a 4 and a use doesn't come to mind, might as well wait because the shop refreshes every day but you only get new quests once a week.

Yup, I went for it. And one the refresh I got another decent lvl 3. blessing.

So is this the jist of the end game crafting loop?

Roll base level greys from Brunts (380 still the best item rating?) -> rip blessings from other drops -> upgrade grey until you get rolls you want, swap out the perks and blessings you don't want -> Done??

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Anti-Hero posted:

Roll base level greys from Brunts (380 still the best item rating?) -> rip blessings from other drops -> upgrade grey until you get rolls you want, swap out the perks and blessings you don't want -> Done??

You don't need 380s, you need the right dump stat. Anything 350+ with the right distribution works just fine. Generally though you have the gist of it.

You want the right stat distribution, then you roll for one good blessing you want to keep (preferably t4), then slap the second blessing you want on. Good perks are nice but rarely make or break.

I personally would not spend Melk bucks on a t3 blessing, it's kind of a waste because I'd you're doing any crafting you'll grab it sooner than later. T4s are more effort to roll for, so using Melk to get the ones you want is much easier.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Anti-Hero posted:

More or less, but you can find high-stat grays, greens and blues sometimes in the regular shop, too. I'd argue it's better than Brunt's Armory when you're hunting high-stats rather than just "my character needs X weapon while leveling up."

edit: On rare occasions, you can also find t3 blessings in the gold shop. I buy those whether they're any good or not. The price is basically nothing, and maybe they'll make the blessing good later.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 11, 2023

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Full stop, we're gonna have to agree to disagree on using Melk's shop just for t3 blessings. IMO it's a waste of melk bucks on blessings you'll roll plenty of if you're trying to craft up a particular weapon anyway. T4s are far harder to get via crafting and you only get some many contracts (and for a lot of folks only so much time to do those contracts, especially across multiple characters) a week. Any weapon in Melk's shop that has a t4 blessing is gonna be minimum around 2700 with a top end of 3500 and that is a pretty significant chunk of change.

If it looks like a usable weapon of a type you like and you've just hit 30 that's a different story, I've certainly bought melk weapons of a type I didn't have anything built for to give them a try, but doing it solely for ripping t3 blessings is a waste.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Evil Kit posted:

Full stop, we're gonna have to agree to disagree on using Melk's shop just for t3 blessings. IMO it's a waste of melk bucks on blessings you'll roll plenty of if you're trying to craft up a particular weapon anyway. T4s are far harder to get via crafting and you only get some many contracts (and for a lot of folks only so much time to do those contracts, especially across multiple characters) a week. Any weapon in Melk's shop that has a t4 blessing is gonna be minimum around 2700 with a top end of 3500 and that is a pretty significant chunk of change.

If it looks like a usable weapon of a type you like and you've just hit 30 that's a different story, I've certainly bought melk weapons of a type I didn't have anything built for to give them a try, but doing it solely for ripping t3 blessings is a waste.

In retrospect, I can get behind this. I just hit 30 on my Ogryn, and it's one I'll stick with for awhile (hit cap on Zealot and Vet and just did enough penances to feel happy and moved on to the next class).

Oh well, live and learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Some data mining has unveiled a bunch of new weapons

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/146v7fa/datamined_upcoming_ranged_weapons_and_variants/

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/1473g2h/datamined_upcoming_melee_weapons_and_variants/