Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

monolithburger posted:

Geeze, Port could well break 200 here.

Pies could do it at this rate too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Gotta be a couple weeks minimum for De Goey. Be interested to see how he goes in the MROulette

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

YAY! We lost by less than 10 goals! That'll show everyone just how not racist the culture here was, no need to look into it any further, or ask any of those affected for what they would like.

P.S. Poor Clarko, hasn't he suffered enough.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Was expecting a lot worse against the magpies tbh

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ahhhhh there it is

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Windmill Hut posted:

There should be an additional conduct grade for the MRP to assess. "Non-football act". If the incident was not part of the game being played, then it automatically adds a week.

Striking off the ball, +1 week
    Eye-gouging, +1 week
    Bump in play - no additional weeks added
    Dangerous tackle - no additional weeks added
    Tripping - no additional weeks added

Then should a demerit points system, like a drivers licence.

Fine = +0.5 points
    1 week = +1 point
    2 weeks = +2 points

If you have a 'clean' season, 1 point is removed from your record. Two 'clean' seasons in a row, 2 points are removed from your record. Three 'clean' seasons in a row, 7 points are removed from your record.

When you reach 10 points, every offense automatically has a +2 week ban added on top of it, even if your offense is only a fine. You also can no longer submit an early guilty plea. The additional weeks don't count as points. When you reach 15 points, it becomes a +5 week ban.

Almost every player in the system would be fine under this, but morons like Zorko would cop the time they deserve.

P.S. Don't forget that Zorko cheated on his wife and sledged a players unwell mother.

Former Brisbane Captain Dayne Zorko

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Carn Norf

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
gently caress me

Welcome to essingotn Brad

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
First game I've been to since 2019... And it's probably the ugliest win I can remember in a long time

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

https://www.afl.com.au/news/944097/barrett-cats-blueprint-shows-potential-upside-of-de-goey-ban

lol, the amount of puke Damian is serving up sucking off De Goey is hilarious - love how he's suddenly the poster boy of being a moral compass because he *checks notes* had to be disciplined multiple times over multiple seasons for being a piece of poo poo. Not just Bar-rat either, the whole media circus is pulling up it's "Poor Clarko" socks and doubling down.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jun 4, 2023

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Honestly love the Pies fans meltdowns over West Coast posting the news about De Goey being sent to the tribunal. Also Wayne Carey on twitter calling Sheed weak for commenting on De Goey checks out

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-03/sam-mitchell-cyril-rioli-hawthorn-racism-saga-open-letter/102437536

quote:

Whether Cyril Rioli can mend relations with Hawthorn amid the club's racism saga is up to the four-time premiership star, Hawks coach Sam Mitchell has said.

Pretty poo poo and tonedeaf to place the burden of repairing the relationship on the victim.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

quote:

Asked on Saturday if Rioli could mend relations with the Hawks, Mitchell replied: "That will be up to him."

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

So we're nearing the mid point of the season - who are your favourites to win the flag?

At the moment, it pains me to say it, but Collingwood's list is insane and they're not getting any injuries either. They're going to be really hard to stop. Brisbane poo poo the bed too regularly for me to consider them genuine. Melbourne might be up there, St Kilda has slid off quite hard as expected.

Fuckin Pies.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Yeah Pies are clearly the most likely, unfortunately. Port look like a genuine chance though, so maybe we get the battle for the prison bars GF.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Collingwood the clear favourites. Port seem the best of the rest at the moment but I don't trust them to get the job done when it counts.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Head made 150 and Smith made a ton.

Oh and ross lyon football is back, 3 goals kicked in 50 minutes of footy

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

So we're nearing the mid point of the season - who are your favourites to win the flag?

At the moment, it pains me to say it, but Collingwood's list is insane and they're not getting any injuries either. They're going to be really hard to stop. Brisbane poo poo the bed too regularly for me to consider them genuine. Melbourne might be up there, St Kilda has slid off quite hard as expected.

Fuckin Pies.

Pies are absolutely flying, I hope Saints can hold on in the 8 but that's the extent of it for me at the moment. Nobody besides Collingwood has been super consistent so far this year, everybody's dropped clangers (Saints have played poorly the last few rounds and still sit 5th coming into this round? :v: )

Port might be best set to challenge, them and the Dogs this weekend is a big test.

[edit] Heeny decided he wanted to register on The Muta Scale it appears :stare:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
If Butler gets a week for that tackle....:getout:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

first win at the SCG in 14 years? :aaa:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I'll take it.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Dan Butler got a week for tackling someone.

It's time for a fan walkout.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Windmill Hut posted:

Dan Butler got a week for tackling someone.

It's time for a fan walkout.

I missed it live but saw the highlight, and yeah, I don't get it - it's a tackle from behind, it's only going to lead one direction. wasn't an intentional drive into the ground, just catching somebody and wrapping from behind.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lions can't travel?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Taylor Walker 250 games today, I wonder if cmndstb remembers back when he made his first Walker all goals YouTube compilation?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

speaking of, he kicked how many today? :staredog:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Coulda had a few more if the passes were more precise or the spoils less well timed

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
You hate to see it

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Another twenty or so unanswered free kicks and the dockers might have had that one

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Hughes was robbed

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

Taylor Walker 250 games today, I wonder if cmndstb remembers back when he made his first Walker all goals YouTube compilation?

I still remember :unsmith: Sometimes I feel bad for not finishing it, but it was taking me a long time and life is busy these days. I got all the way up to his 280th goal! I stopped doing it in 2016, crazy to think he's still going and still kicking bags.

The funny thing is that Youtube account has exactly one video which has ever done any serious numbers, which was simply me uploading a video of Vince McMahon from 2003. It's up to almost 500,000 views! Compare that to the roughly 500 views most of my Taylor Walker videos got, haha.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Essendon wearing black armbands tonight for the Unabomber.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lmfao stop checksiding it you twit

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

monolithburger posted:

Essendon wearing black armbands tonight for the Unabomber.

:golfclap:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Carlton playing group must hate Michael Voss

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

RIP da bloos

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

2moidapoida - blues are getting destroyed in the middle

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Brave tactic to completely give up the corridor to the Bombers

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

6.5 feet Pete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

Worth noting: by a group of nobodies as well.

Couldn't name an Essendon midfielder for most of the game apart from Merrett and Draper.