Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Ok I never cared for Juri in SFV but now I'm getting that activating Feng Shui Engine means she turns into a GG character.
I'm starting to find out who's going to be my main

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Jack Trades posted:

No, that's not accurate. I have a maxed out bond with Marisa and I got her Outfit 2 and all of it's colors, but I still only have two colors for Outfit 1.

I hate modern gaming.

Oops, I was thinking Outfit 2, sorry.

Do command grabs lose to normal throws? I would have expected the opposite, but my loss to Cammy just now as Manon suggests otherwise.

guppy fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jun 3, 2023

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's nice to see that 236 478 shortcut still works in SF6. It's my preferred way to do 360's.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
puzzle fighter in arcade now

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
you can also pretend you're playing a modern grappler and do a half circle and then just press up the same time you press the attack button which is my go-to, gives you instant air SPD as well with kick for gief

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Yeah Marisa seems completely ridiculous, but game's only been out a few days so who knows how it shakes out. Though this is of course a full resource combo!

She just gets such good rewards from her options without spending meter, not to mention she's as far as I know the only character with armor break moves on top of having pretty great normals. And as shown above is she chooses to spend meter it's pretty wild amounts of damage

I'm guessing it's a sHP target combo that people are using for her drive rush confirms? Seems super solid since you get plenty of time to confirm

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jun 3, 2023

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Yeah Marisa seems completely ridiculous, but game's only been out a few days so who knows how it shakes out. Though this is of course a full resource combo!

She just gets such good rewards from her options without spending meter, not to mention she's as far as I know the only character with armor break moves on top of having pretty great normals. And as shown above is she chooses to spend meter it's pretty wild amounts of damage

I'm guessing it's a sHP target combo that people are using for her drive rush confirms? Seems super solid since you get plenty of time to confirm

Marisa's dealing Strive damage on SFV and it's absurd/incredible.

Also, a question. There's 3f of recovery on jumping attacks, right? Most characters have 45f jumps so am I correct that you need a +41 KD (or +41 after whiffing normals or whatever) for a safe jump?

Snicker-Snack fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 3, 2023

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

guppy posted:

Oops, I was thinking Outfit 2, sorry.

Do command grabs lose to normal throws? I would have expected the opposite, but my loss to Cammy just now as Manon suggests otherwise.

e: wait misread who was playing what. Were you using Manege Dore or Renverse? If it was Renverse, I think because it's a strike throw it might not get the benefits of a normal command grab. Otherwise it might have just been an issue of range or bad timing.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 3, 2023

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
plus the startup frames of the DP as it will be invincible f1 but won't have a hitbox for a few frames, so it gives you a bit more wiggle room

it's actually what makes the safejump strong as it'll hit them frame 1 if they wake-up jab or whatever and gives you time to land and block if your move goes through the invuln frames when timed proper

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

This game rules! Lotta fun playing this with friends and fam today, the modern control mode is a hit too. Highly addictive, classy, groovy SF action. I am pleased!

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Did they forget to implement the cash shop for Steam or something, because I'm trying to give them more money but can't.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Char posted:

Ok I never cared for Juri in SFV but now I'm getting that activating Feng Shui Engine means she turns into a GG character.
I'm starting to find out who's going to be my main

quoting myself, the opportunity window for Feng Shui Engine is usually very short, sometimes nonexistant at all.
On the other hand her movement speed and pokes are pretty cool, so I'll stick with her.

I can't punish for poo poo, so many openings in my opponents, and my only hit is a 6HP...

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
So is the world tour mode actually fun? Sounds like it has performance issues.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Mode 7 posted:

Despite it not listing it in the Command List in Modern controls, you do have access to all a character's special moves - you just need to use the full input rather than the shortcut.

For Blanka-chan particularly, it's super easy - the command is just down, down + Light/Medium/Heavy depending on the range you want to throw it.

Using Departure may be tricky if you're not comfortable with quarter circle inputs, but quarter circle back + Light or quarter circle back + Medium will trigger Departure when a portal is out.

Literal game changer for me, thank you!

When are we having the first goon tourney?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The socks just disappeared from my inventory completely...
I wish I was making this up. What the gently caress.

EDIT: AND THEY DISAPPEARED FROM ALL THE STORES?!

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 3, 2023

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
capcom is doing you a service. how can you have good footsies if those feetsies aren't maximally exposed, huh?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

poe meater posted:

So is the world tour mode actually fun? Sounds like it has performance issues.

Yes and yes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Deejay color 10 is sick

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

speaking of sickness

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Anyone gotten the titles from this thing?
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/sf6_campaign/

It doesn't seem to be working for me.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

The socks just disappeared from my inventory completely...
I wish I was making this up. What the gently caress.

EDIT: AND THEY DISAPPEARED FROM ALL THE STORES?!

The feet guys have won their final victory. May god have mercy on us all....

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jack Trades posted:

I believe I got mine, I got a bunch of pop ups for rewards when I logged in. Maybe they were in the mail? Can't recall exactly

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Didn't work for me either.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Is the fighter name you choose when first launching the game unique, and does it require payment to change like in sfv?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Your fighter name is not unique, and you can change it whenever you want. Your profile is presumably tied to a string of numbers rather than a screen name.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How do you do those green moves?

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

Shard posted:

https://wiki.supercombo.gg/w/Street_Fighter_6/Gauges#Drive_Rush

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Shard posted:

Play Blanka.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Shard posted:

They're a dash while parrying, or (iirc) a dash during a move you can cancel.

Holding parry then double tapping forward is the slow way; pressing forward then parry+forward works best.

Drive rush being a bit of a clunky button combo is one of my few complaints; I think it should've been like MP+HK or something

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

SF6 is convinced I'm in Europe everytime I go to battle hub. I live on the east coast in NA SF6, why must I change it every time? Just save my region dang it

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Holy smokes Marisa is a fun character

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Consummate Professional posted:

Holy smokes Marisa is a fun character

For real. I have stuff to do today, but I cant stop punching people with big lady.

I'm in gold now and haven't seen anyone else with modern controls in a while. I also haven't seen a single Edward Honda ever.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
It's my own fault because I tend to like speedy characters even though my reflexes are not that great and I'd probably be better at the hard hitting less inputs characters, but I suppose I'll just need to live with it.

Is there a good guide on the differences between modern and classic controls yet? I know the general difference because I've been playing for 10 hours but I want to know things like what the combo damage trade off is, whether not knowing if you're going to get an LP or LK actually matters at all, and how it breaks down per character particularly Kimberley since that's who I'm using.

Something else I like about World Tour is how silly it is. It definitely is like a Yakuza game but only the sidequests, they clearly took direct inspiration from that. I hope they patch the open-world battle performance though because it's the only time I get slowdown. Only the random fights - the special battles etc run at 60fps just like the online/FG play. Maybe it's something to do with loading the arena in over the open world which they don't do in other situations, or something.

I like how 90's it all feels by not trying to be a realistic city, too, and having roombas and attack drones just wandering around for no reason. Some of the dialogue is funny, too.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I’m bad at fighting games and don’t know what I’m doing but haven’t lost a placement match with a Zangief yet

Nobody (including me) knows how to avoid his command grabs

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think you can, y'know. I just try to stay away from him 90% of the time and only go in when he whiffs something. Still doesn't always work because I only need to gently caress up like twice and it's round over.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jump when he's about to grab you, unless he's about to do the air grab, in that situation you should not jump.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I'm sick and didn't play much yet but man the netcode is still impressing me. In SF5 I don't think it was remotely possible to play against anyone outside this country.

I played mostly World Tour and it's fun, I'm easy to entertain. I hope Capcom keeps improving this formula via multiple iterations like Yakuza did.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I just realized Marisa kinda reminds me of Abigail before they knee capped him super hard. Good buttons, great armor moves, able to convert to great damage, extremely high damage with meter, that kinda stuff

Though I dunno if she's that good considering we've not had long with the game. It's going to be super interesting seeing how the early majors shake out over the next few months

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

roomtone posted:

I hope they patch the open-world battle performance though because it's the only time I get slowdown. Only the random fights - the special battles etc run at 60fps just like the online/FG play.

Idk if this is your problem but there’s an option in GFX settings to cap WT open world battles at 30 FPS which is enabled by default.

I’m having a blast with WT too, haven’t got around to playing VS mode yet. I’m a total scrub but I can’t wait to try Manon and maybe Dee Jay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/FGCdraft/status/1664558685517914112

https://twitter.com/FGCdraft/status/1664836811162566657

lol