Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

I’d love to see a rundown of common themes/motifs across the entire show now, with the various links and overlaps.

Cigars felt pretty prominent this season with the Driving crooner, Sidewalk parking, Party small talk and previously there was Tammy Craps, Game night and maybe others I’m forgetting - I can sorta picture Santa with one but might be wrong.

Cars and accidents, goes without saying. Men with ponytails. Dogs. Chodes/Tuna cans. Skeletons and death. Bizarre game show formats. Medical commercials. Someone mentioned office/workplace/HR incidents above. Anything else stand out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Didn’t someone once have a cigar in their mouth while sporting a stanzo brand fedora?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Flux Wildly posted:

I’d love to see a rundown of common themes/motifs across the entire show now, with the various links and overlaps.

Cigars felt pretty prominent this season with the Driving crooner, Sidewalk parking, Party small talk and previously there was Tammy Craps, Game night and maybe others I’m forgetting - I can sorta picture Santa with one but might be wrong.

Cars and accidents, goes without saying. Men with ponytails. Dogs. Chodes/Tuna cans. Skeletons and death. Bizarre game show formats. Medical commercials. Someone mentioned office/workplace/HR incidents above. Anything else stand out?

My uncle work's at Tim and said most of the season was written in one late afternoon, basically cobbling together Tim's commute experience that day combined with a few things that the writers got in trouble for when they used to work in corporate offices.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

ok I feel like I must be missing something

why is it the driving "crooner"? Doesn't that imply that he's singing? and there's a cigar on the window, but it looks like he's pretending to play a trumpet or something? shouldn't it be a trumpet decal on the window?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Phenotype posted:

why is it the driving "crooner"? Doesn't that imply that he's singing? and there's a cigar on the window, but it looks like he's pretending to play a trumpet or something? shouldn't it be a trumpet decal on the window?
Bros, let's all kill this guy

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Phenotype posted:

He’s pretending to look like a caricature of a 50’s lounge singer with the fedora and smoking a big cigar.

He’s Mr. Paradise, you see

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Ol’ Two Eyes himself

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1664333536860467200?s=20

Chicago goons you know what to do.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Phenotype posted:

gently caress HES TRYING TO MAKE IT LOOK FAKE

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

been 2 full days and i still cant get the god drat volcano eruption sketch out of my head

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://egggame.org/

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

GateOfD posted:

anyone else feel other than a few skits, Tim Robinson is the worst actor out of the bunch. The rest of the cast is much better. Even the extras that have a single line or two.

He's only in it for the zipline.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Ol’ Two Eyes himself

his howl of utter agony when he loses his last $1000 at roulette might be the funniest thing he's ever done, for me

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Angry child closed mouth roar is my favourite new Tim Family Robinson trick

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Phenotype posted:

He's ashing the cigar so it doesn't look fake.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I SAID WAS

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Flux Wildly posted:

Threatening frat bros crossing over from the Driving Crooner sketch to the Richard Brecky one tickled me

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://twitter.com/MikeMcCabeSad/status/1663681277675950080?s=20

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

his howl of utter agony when he loses his last $1000 at roulette might be the funniest thing he's ever done, for me

for me it’s the entire gun shop sketch, which is in my opinion his best work ever. but really anyone who likes ITYSL should watch the Tim Robinson episode of The Characters since it’s basically just a bonus, double length episode of ITYSL.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
YES SIR. YES DRILL SERGEANT

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I can't get the "I just slept with Frankenstein's chick" "song" out of my head. The delivery is just so perfect

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/youshouldaffirm/status/1664100391619813376

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

He must’ve flipped my wife 8 times!!!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

...so there isn't monsters on the world?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

...so there isn't monsters on the world?

That won’t undo your realizations about your life

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Whoever was noticing the recurring side characters bit, I think the guy who goes too far in the mortal enemies skit is one of the Turbo Team…

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
The black guy in the front row of the audience laughtrack skit is the widow from the episode of Detroiters where Chrissy's coworker dies.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/cavs/status/1664680731157594128?t=57vkMmAvI9qFweoH3Nx4zg&s=19

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

It's very weird how Chicago (Dan Flashes Shirt) and now Cleveland are getting in on ITYSL, but Detroit's sports teams remain silent.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I wonder if Little Caesar's lets the Detroit teams in on the pizza sphere.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hey, are you guys talking about Gelutol®?

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
https://www.itysldb.com found this on Twitter. Easy way to jump to specific skits! Sorry if this was posted in the thread previously

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Flux Wildly posted:

Not just dogs, but apologising to dogs at parties.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
I think this was by far the funniest season. Rewatched some of the older ones afterwards and they are still great but some almost feel too normal, its like the style has got more evolved now with each sketch going on level further.

I can't get the ponytail sketch out of my head. The random cigar photos and then you see he's just been texting them to the guy. The scream after she says it wont hurt, "why are you screaming?" "oh i thought you said it WOULD hurt". So good

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
One thing I love about this show is that whoever is in charge of casting is very good at picking really funny-looking people for speaking roles in sketches. Jimmy Taco, the guy who's "gotta give," the 'arch nemesis' that Tim's character splashes fake water on, etc... Just about everybody on the show has some sort of funny look or quirk to them.

Also every time Zach Kanin shows up it's funny because he's a little squinty-eyed homonculus. (He's the guy "dressed like a hotdog," also has a small part in the Bikers from Outer Space sketch and lots of others).

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Zach loves his mother in law

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

He's a part of the Dangerous Nights crew.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

thatfuturekid posted:

https://www.itysldb.com found this on Twitter. Easy way to jump to specific skits! Sorry if this was posted in the thread previously

Now s3 is out, I think I need to sit down and slice each sketch out into individual files so I can throw them into the pseudo live TV generator I have for Plex and have it just play randomized ITYSL sketches 24/7.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

I think each season has some all time greats. Off top of head that would include Howie at charades, Fred Willard’s organist, the car focus group, hot dog guy, Fenton’s Stables and Horse Ranch, the ghost tour, the ice cream store lie, the hat on trial, Dan Flash’s, Little Buff Boys, the egg game, the drive through, the Driving Crooner, and the ponytail sketch.

ITYSL tends to get better on the rewatch, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That list doesn't have my favorite skit and now I don't even wanna be around anymore