Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Druid Werebear Overpower build owns lol. You just stack massive health and armor and explode dudes with Pulverize for thousands of damage. You can make yourself ludicrously tanky and use both the Healthy modifier on Pulverize and the passive that gives you an Overpower attack every 20 secs you spend transformed. If you use the aspect that makes your Core skills do more damage after a few basic attacks it gets even goofier.

Nothing feels quite as good as timing a Trample with your Overpower and a full stack of fortified health so you just run over like 30 enemies instagibbing them. It's the choo-choo build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

what a sicko

Atoramos fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 3, 2023

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
I did as many things on World Tier 1 in the Fractured Peaks as I could before leaving and I'm still missing like 8 side quests that I just don't see anywhere on the map and a bunch of named mobs unkilled and wound up leaving well into level 36.

I'm really enjoying Scosglen... I think I'm 43 now and fresh outta side quests so I'll be working on the story quests tomorrow 😊

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.

Atoramos posted:

what a psycho sicko

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
One cool trick I wish I knew in the beta: In the Options menu you can bind Action Wheel hotkeys directly so you can do things like Leave Dungeon at the press of a button instead of that gamepad-centric ring menu which sucks to use with a mouse as implemented. Why in the world did they make it a point and click target instead of a simple gesture like every other game ever?! Even changing it from Toggle to Hold it still doesn't trigger unless your mouse is hovering over a slice of the pie instead of a relative direction.

katkillad2 posted:

Nah I was playing when the boss was up and didn't see any notifications or anything on the map and the streamer didn't know about it either until someone in his chat told him and where to go.

I've noticed sometimes a circular symbol appears on the overworld map with a 5 minute timer on it which I assume is a world boss spawn but so far they've all been in other acts I haven't been to yet. No other notifications but I'm sure within a week the entire rotation will be solved and documented.

Megasabin posted:

The skills are also no where near as fun to level. When you take multi-hit with the amazon from level 1 to 20 and see 2 arrows go to 20 arrows, that's a very visceral sense of power. In this one, every skill only has 5 levels, and it's generally just "damage goes up". There's a real lack of power progression and I don't see that changing in the first 50 levels.

This is something I noticed in the betas but since I didn't try all the skills on all the classes I hoped it wouldn't be the case across the board. Having the entirety of a skill's cool and fun abilities stuffed onto legendary affixes is just going to pigeon hole them into the same restrictions D3 had. They should also put some kind of reward for investing points into any skill (maybe not every point, but 3 and 5? and they must be hard spends, not boosted by items or shrines) like doubled projectiles or durations, a secondary effect, a synergy unlock, or something. It would also be great for build variety if we could bind more than 6 active skills at once :(

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
So far my least favorite parts of the game are level scaling, areas resetting once you leave them / return, and the really pointless vendors

I like the tone and fresh approach. Was expecting the usual nostalgia mining drivel and so far its been very little of that

Kurash
May 12, 2008

I'm not even convinced this game is better than Grim Dawn, but it's definitely just Grim Dawn

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Aexo posted:

I did as many things on World Tier 1 in the Fractured Peaks as I could before leaving and I'm still missing like 8 side quests that I just don't see anywhere on the map and a bunch of named mobs unkilled and wound up leaving well into level 36.

I'm really enjoying Scosglen... I think I'm 43 now and fresh outta side quests so I'll be working on the story quests tomorrow 😊

I really enjoy Scosglen's The Drowned theme. Can't wait to go back there and do all the side quests.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I've come across some pretty cool unique gear with neat modifiers that fit my build. I've scrapped one such piece of gear for its aspect to apply to an updated piece of gear.

It was a couple hours later that I discovered: you can effectively only do that once per aspect(?) I was unable to scrap the second piece of gear, the one I applied the aspect to.

It would seem that if you find gear with a good aspect early on, you may want to put it away when you're done using it. But then when would you want to re-use its aspect?

At what point does gear stop scaling so rapidly? 50?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

World tier 3+ are you guys doing nightmare dungeons? I've heard it advised against NM dungeons before rank 20 or so. If that's the case are you just doing the World tree(or whatever it's called) loops?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Aexo posted:

I did as many things on World Tier 1 in the Fractured Peaks as I could before leaving and I'm still missing like 8 side quests that I just don't see anywhere on the map and a bunch of named mobs unkilled and wound up leaving well into level 36
Some side quests don't appear until you complete certain parts of the story.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Kurash posted:

I'm not even convinced this game is better than Grim Dawn, but it's definitely just Grim Dawn

as someone who at least has beaten both base games D4 is a billion million times better it got that Blizzard polish

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Cleared the capstone dungeon (50) at level 42 on my chain lightning Sorc and it was an Experience. Died twice, once to the boss - if anyone goes up against him he's not at all bad unless he slaps you with the big sweeping AOE.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember
End of Act VI quest keeps bugging out for me. It just… stops working. Until I leave the game and come back. Pretty cool. Did this happen to anyone else?

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
I'm not at act 6 yet but I encountered a bug where I killed the act 2 boss and nothing happened. I had to log out and kill the boss 3 times before it finally worked. Other than some random mob t-posing it's the only real bug I've seen.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm not asking to be spoiled, but if there is a point at which the story is clearly coming to ahead, can someone point it out obliquely?

Since I'm going to skip the campaign in seasons, I might as well steer off just before the end of it and do all the side-quests before completing it.

mem
Sep 1, 2005
Act 6 is the final act - if you are going to Caldeum it's pretty much a railroad to the finale.

I just finished the campaign at level 40 - I only did main quests and any world events I passed by and cellars. Did blood lance Necro with Blood Golem and had a pretty easy time. Don't think I used but maybe two potions the entire time...blood orbs everywhere.

mem fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 3, 2023

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Beat the campaign last night and then rolled a hardcore character.

Adventure mode is so good. Having a horse at level 1 is sick.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Stux posted:

switching between controller and mkb works perfectly normally here. sounds like ur setup is hosed

thanks you were correct. googled my problem and closing steam fixed it. before if you pushed A without holding the stick it would bring up the chat box.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
The statue bonuses apply to any non seasonal characters correct? Is that what "on this realm" or whatever means?

mem
Sep 1, 2005
Yes and seasonal characters too I believe. You can still collect them for the map points but the bonuses will be unlocked already.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Game is v good imo. The combat alone feels pretty much a billion times better than any of its competitors. They somehow made melee not feel like rancid, janky rear end to play like it is in every other ARPG.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Ran into the Butcher for the first time at lvl 39 and he smoked me... ran into him again like 5 minutes later and got smoked again :negative:

I don't even know how I'm supposed to handle him solo as a ranged rogue. I'm going to add the daze passive to dash so maybe that will help. Also Fundamental Forceful Arrow is crazy good, I just assumed it would be kind of lame but the range and the knockback is huge. Also while you can't knockback elites, if you knockback regular enemies into them they still fall over. No way it doesn't get nerfed at some point.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I started my character while drunk on Friday night and couldn't figure how to get the steam keyboard up on my deck, so I have a crappy random generated name rather than something witty. Other than that, 0 problems so far other than one 30 minute window last night where the scripting was super broken and I was lagging worse than 56k days. I figured the server was having a moment, grabbed some dinner and relogged and everything was fine again. 10/10 launch.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
This game needs one of those in-game encyclopedias. There are so many little words that I'm like "what the gently caress does that mean". Like "Healthy" and "Injured". I don't want to alt tab to look stuff like that up.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it puts a tooltip at the bottom of the pop out youre looking out that has the keywords in

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I encountered the Butcher around level 19 or so last night and was kiting him but then he just … despawned when I used a nearby health well or kited him for more than 2 minutes or so? It was weird

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

drat, ty. Still would be nice to have an encyclopedia imo.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Are aspects pulled off gear better than the permanent ones you earn from dungeons? It appears to me they are. The legendary aspects I pull off legendary gear seem to have multipliers based on putting them on the "right" sort of gear whereas the codex of power ones don't. Then again, the legendary ones appear to come fixed at a certain power level (based on the item they were on) so I'm not sure how they scale compared to codex ones (which I assume match the level of the gear they're initially applied to?)

Anyone know of a resource to sort through this stuff? Definitely wish the game had a pedia.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Memnaelar posted:

Are aspects pulled off gear better than the permanent ones you earn from dungeons? It appears to me they are. The legendary aspects I pull off legendary gear seem to have multipliers based on putting them on the "right" sort of gear whereas the codex of power ones don't. Then again, the legendary ones appear to come fixed at a certain power level (based on the item they were on) so I'm not sure how they scale compared to codex ones (which I assume match the level of the gear they're initially applied to?)

Anyone know of a resource to sort through this stuff? Definitely wish the game had a pedia.

Yep. Part of the gear grind in D4 is finding better aspects out of gear than what you can get from dungeons.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Swilo posted:

I've noticed sometimes a circular symbol appears on the overworld map with a 5 minute timer on it which I assume is a world boss spawn but so far they've all been in other acts I haven't been to yet. No other notifications but I'm sure within a week the entire rotation will be solved and documented.

These are legion events. They’re like little invasions that are similar to beating a rift in D3. Have a group that has to burn down mobs on a timer and it spawns elites at certain thresholds with a boss at the end. It’s really frantic and fun and our group got the mastery with only 3 seconds to spare.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

I said come in! posted:

I rarely ever used my mount to be honest. Quest points are not that far away from each other, and you're always wanting to fight stuff, it just didn't feel worth while.

I ride my horse everywhere even from store to store.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I've yet to encounter The Butcher. :mad:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Memnaelar posted:

Aspects pulled out of items keep their "rolls" for any variables and are applied when you imprint them on another item. But you then can't extract it again.
Aspects from the codex are always generated with the lowest "roll" for all the variables.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Kingtheninja posted:

The statue bonuses apply to any non seasonal characters correct? Is that what "on this realm" or whatever means?

Right now all characters are on the "Eternal" (non seasonal) realm. When seasons come out they will take place on their own realm.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Friendly reminder you can track any Aspect location directly from your Codex

It will show you exactly where it is on the world map, go get your toys

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Oh poo poo, equipped but sheathed/not used weapons like a bow on a melee rogue apply their passives don't they? gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Really been having fun with my rogue but haven't had much time to play since it came out, sitting at level 25 now. Tomorrow will be the first day I'm able to truly mainline this poo poo and play for like 12 hours, I can't wait. I do wish we got just one more button for skills-- +1 to skill mods giving you the first rank of a skill is so cool but I never have the room to actually use them!