Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

It's one belt now

He left with all three, so who knows :rubby:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1664859454502739970?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's always wild to me when people brag about Reigns' title reign length like it's some kind of proof of his skills, when wrestling is fake and they could literally have some 12 year old guy win the title tomorrow and hold it for the rest of his life if they wanted.

WWE is the ultimate tell don't show company.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Romey Three Belts

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Tbf most of those title defences will be house shows and other non televised events. Roman would probably be up there if he worked anything but the occasional Smackdown.

TheKingslayer posted:

WWE is the ultimate tell don't show company.

It seems to work for them tbh. If you stop looking at WWE through the lense of media and start looking at it through the lense of marketing and advertising then constantly telling people what to think rather than letting them make their own minds is the correct way to push their top wrestler.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
belt collector gimmick but all the belts are for the same championship

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Keep adding belts so Heyman has to start pulling a little wagon behind him

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Getting closer to that chaos emeralds meme

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I just think it is funny that they called it the Undisputed whatever while having another World Championship

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Honestly surprised they haven't added Roman's two reigns together so they can say he's been champion for 1500 days.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Vandar posted:

Y'know, Konami used to give the winners of certain Yugioh tournaments title belts to carry...

All I'm saying is, y'know...we hook Roman up with a Yugioh deck, teach him how to play, get a few more belts around his waist...

Hieroglyph belt looks sick, Orichalcos belt....okay, I get what they were going for at least, what the zippidy doo da are the other two? An Exodia belt and.......???????

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Endless Mike posted:

I just think it is funny that they called it the Undisputed whatever while having another World Championship

Are you disputing the Big Dog?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kvlt! posted:

"I cant believe they killed off a character in my fav TV show. Dumb idiots dont know TV is fake and the actor is alive!!"

Not really the same thing though, is it

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Not really the same thing though, is it

"Wrestling is fake so who cares how long Roman is champ for its not impressive". Well then, why care about why anyone wins or loses.

Idk the whole "its fake so blah blah blah" is always so asinine.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Wrestling is fake the writers can do whatever they like with the title.

Breaking bad is real though. It's a shoot.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's always wild to me when people brag about Reigns' title reign length like it's some kind of proof of his skills, when wrestling is fake and they could literally have some 12 year old guy win the title tomorrow and hold it for the rest of his life if they wanted.

funniest part of this run imo is that all his matches stink and end with cheating. and somehow this leads to the conclusion he's the greatest of all time.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

funniest part of this run imo is that all his matches stink and end with cheating. and somehow this leads to the conclusion he's the greatest of all time.

When I hear about Goat matches in w w e in the 1000 day reign there's a near 100% chance that GUNTHER is involved and Roman is not

He's not even the best champion in wwe at the moment, Shane Douglas rear end fucker to Gunthers RVD

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Having a long reign should be meaningful because it should be a sign that the performer has been doing such an amazing job of getting over with the fans that nobody else on the roster could take their place. But in WWE reigns are just about the whims of one person.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

everwake posted:

I'm 100% on board with replacing trophies with championship belts for all sports and competitive hobbies. I want to see the Hot Dog eating champion strutting to the stage with pyro and the Big Gold.

Guy Fieri hosts a tournament show that does this and it makes it a lot more fun, he gives all the chefs music and little entrance videos. The past champs all come out with their belts too, it's pretty great and fills a niche I didn't know was there as a wrestling and cooking competition fan.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Drakkel posted:

Have I got good news for you:

those look better than the current wwe belt

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Are you disputing the Big Dog?

He’s a goat

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Envisioned posted:

Guy Fieri hosts a tournament show that does this and it makes it a lot more fun, he gives all the chefs music and little entrance videos. The past champs all come out with their belts too, it's pretty great and fills a niche I didn't know was there as a wrestling and cooking competition fan.

I watched a lot of Iron Chef reruns recently and it's basically cooking X wrestling, right down to promos and (what I assume are) worked rivalries.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I watched a lot of Iron Chef reruns recently and it's basically cooking X wrestling, right down to promos and (what I assume are) worked rivalries.

There's nothing worked about the disgrace Bobby Flay brought to Kitchen Stadium when he jumped up on his cutting board.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1664799660270145536?s=20

No one has mentioned this yet which is definitive proof that nobody actually watches this show

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Just keep tryin different army mans

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The amount of completely different, all completely stupid pushes they've given Lacey Evans in just a couple years is very funny to me.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

JUNGLE BOY posted:

No one has mentioned this yet which is definitive proof that nobody actually watches this show

I hope Otis friendly fires her in a backstage bathroom segment

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What in the loving world

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

developmental ahhh gimmick

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
G.I. Joke

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy posted:

Wrestling is fake the writers can do whatever they like with the title.

Breaking bad is real though. It's a shoot.

Every TV show is fake.

Except Selling Sunset, that's 100% legit

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

lmfao

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

This looks like one of the randomly generated jabronis they'd make you fight during the NXT portion of one of the 2k games' story mode

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw if there was any shred of doubt remaining that Vince is fully in control now, I point out to you, that loving hat.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Hey now! I called it out in the smackdown thread and then forgot to post a picture :(

She then lost to Zelina in a MiTB qualifier match

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That looks like poo poo really bad.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MJeff posted:

Hieroglyph belt looks sick, Orichalcos belt....okay, I get what they were going for at least, what the zippidy doo da are the other two? An Exodia belt and.......???????

Exodia and Neos.

Yeah I didn't realize it was Neos either until I looked it up. It's not great!

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Digital Jedi posted:

Hey now! I called it out in the smackdown thread and then forgot to post a picture :(

She then lost to Zelina in a MiTB qualifier match

At least someone realized Lacey belongs far, far away from a ladder match.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That hat looks like a piece of poo poo from way uptown and downtown both

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

fuckin lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Watched the clip of bloodline last night and it has such clear fake crowd noise that it blows my mind how nobody comments on that. Just another bizarre WWE thing.