Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Saoshyant posted:

This is a guy which, on his 50s, frequently needs his mom to come out and defend him publicly for the incredible stupid choices he keeps making.

Possibility 1: frequently bullied as a kid, which affected his views on life for better or worse
Possibility 2: spent whole life with a silver spoon in his month, never having to deal with any repercussions for his actions, and thus became a massive narcissist

I don't think we are seeing the first one of those scenarios.

His own father said Elon deserved to be beaten up at school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

steinrokkan posted:

His own father said Elon deserved to be beaten up at school

Well, of course the dude with the slave mine and who groomed his own stepdaughter would say that.

I think there may have been a better choice available as a parent to do between silver spoon upbringing and letting a kid being beaten into submission, but heck if those people even tried it.

The result is that we got another billionaire sociopath on the prowl, this one holding what was once an important communications hub for a large part of humanity. While many people continue to think he will save the world with lovely cars, exploding rockets, and freeze peach.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Freeze peach didn't even exist until Elon invented it ok

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

...! posted:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’m not wishing harm on anyone but you know that when his mother dies we’ll get the meltdown of a century on Twitter.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Retweeting some real doozies today.

https://twitter.com/fentasyl/status/1658935047100022788

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1664818068336394240

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1664836005562667014

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 3, 2023

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

@elonmusk Tesla Nuclear Plant, when??!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz50ccGJbFk

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Eh, that's a case of broken clock. Until we can get a Dyson sphere up and running, we need to get serious about fission and/or fusion

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

...! posted:

Nothing exists until this dude invents it. Nothing. The man is a vowel. He has loving ascended beyond normal creativity. He is a structurally integral piece of the loving universe.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
This thread would be better if you couldnt post links to Twitter.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Much as I hate to say it, Elon isn't wrong here. We desperately need more fission plants to complement renewable green energy sources.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Wee posted:

The Internet would be better if nobody could

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Much as I hate to say it, Elon isn't wrong here. We desperately need more fission plants to complement renewable green energy sources.

Didn't they try that in GA recently and it was like 6years late and $17Billion over-budget?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Any project in the US ends up over budget and behind schedule. Musk's Starship and Bezos's New Glenn orbital craft were both supposed to be flying years ago

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Vapor Moon posted:

Didn't they try that in GA recently and it was like 6years late and $17Billion over-budget?

That project was all farmed out to private contractors. The US government probably has more trained nuclear engineers than any other organization in the world, we could handle it directly.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Waffle House posted:

Nothing exists until this dude invents it. Nothing. The man is a vowel. He has loving ascended beyond normal creativity. He is a structurally integral piece of the loving universe.

Eloquently articulated, sir

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vapor Moon posted:

It's the first new reactor since 1978, the industry's been basically destroyed by now. https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/US_regulators_approve_new_nuclear_reactors_for_first_time_in_34_years

France used to complete a new plant in 5-6 years so it's not impossible if the will is there.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I could look this up but why tf did NY shut down Indian point? I get into arguments over renewable power and someone will be like “well they shouldn’t be shutting down nuclear plants if they actually care about energy independence instead of just building wind farms to kill birds, no wonder we had all those power outages when we lived there, place is run by morons”

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Indian Point shut down because people got "concerned" about a nuke plant being "within range" of NYC. What concerns? Someone had a DVD of that classic documentary "The China Syndrome" and thought it was applicable.

That's really it. I couldn't find any actual reasoned explanations why that don't sound like the usual nuclear fear mongering.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Data Graham posted:

I could look this up but why tf did NY shut down Indian point? I get into arguments over renewable power and someone will be like “well they shouldn’t be shutting down nuclear plants if they actually care about energy independence instead of just building wind farms to kill birds, no wonder we had all those power outages when we lived there, place is run by morons”

A mixture of low energy prices and environmental factors basically

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Wee posted:

This thread would be better if you couldnt post

Working on it

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Eloquently articulated, sir

kw0134 posted:

Indian Point shut down because people got "concerned" about a nuke plant being "within range" of NYC. What concerns? Someone had a DVD of that classic documentary "The China Syndrome" and thought it was applicable.

That's really it. I couldn't find any actual reasoned explanations why that don't sound like the usual nuclear fear mongering.

This was such a movie. They totally said the name of the movie in the movie.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Vapor Moon posted:

I don't think a nuclear project on the planet has come in under/on budget for decades.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

It just still blows my mind that Elon has fans who ride his dick and thonk he is Iron Man in real life.

Dude is just an insecure Tony Stank who dug himself into a pit where he now hangs with catturd and ianchong.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Waffle House posted:

no wonder the universe kinda sucks

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Maybe so, but the person he's responding to seems awfully hysterical about the whole thing they're whining about.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 3, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

haljordan posted:

A mixture of low energy prices and environmental factors basically

From reading the Wikipedia article it sounds like it was mostly Andrew Cuomo giving sweetheart contracts to his natural gas buddies, and being all like "oh the poor fishies :ohdear:" as justification

"energy prices" is a :psyduck: thing to hear as an argument when we're talking about nuclear power plants, like uhh the entire point of nuclear was that it would reduce energy prices to near zero. But oh lol I guess if we farm it out to private corps and they don't see profit in it why would they bother

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

These are the 7 most hated brands in America—Elon Musk’s Twitter is No. 4

quote:

1. The Trump Organization
2. FTX
3. Fox Corporation
4. Twitter
5. Meta
6. Spirit Airlines
7. TikTok

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If that many people hate them they must be hated by people from both sides. Clearly those are the most centrist organisations in America.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Goddamn, they managed to be hated more than Meta? :eyepop:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

goatface posted:

Clearly those are the most centrist organisations in America.

Bill Maher cries a single tear

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

TikTok is #7. Good to know all the anti-China propaganda is working.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair people also hate tik tok in a kids these days way

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I love how of that whole list, the only one that ISN'T hated because of the antics of its weirdo ideologue owner or destructive corporate strategy but rather because it has universally lovely service is Spirit Airlines

e: like no joke, that's actually encouraging. It means people are paying attention

It's not like it was 5-10 years ago when it would all be a list of COMCAST and VERIZON and MCI or whatever phone company or bank everyone hates because everyone hates their phone company/bank

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 3, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

TikTok is #7. Good to know all the anti-China propaganda is working.

Oh no, won't somebody think of the Chinese Social Media corporations!

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Wee posted:

If it helps it looks like the links no longer load on mobile

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh no, won't somebody think of the Chinese Social Media corporations!

If you're going to hate Tik Tok, hate it for real reasons and not "The perfidious Chinese are brainwashing our precious white children through pink sauce videos and stealing data!" media hysteria. Even "kids these days" is more valid that that hogwash.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 3, 2023

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I am weirded out by all the talks of legislation targeted directly at TicTok under the guise of protecting uses from the app harvesting data from consumers. Why not make it difficult for any social media company to harvest data and protect consumers' privacy?

Eh, that's just crazy talk.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I'm honestly a bit surprised about meta, just because I assumed outside those unfortunate enough to follow IT news everyone would of never heard of/completely forgotten about the facebook name change.

Like how many people still remember that the google company is technically called alphabet now?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I was going to say that I was surprised not to find an oil company pretty high on the list, but BP is near the top of the list. It is pretty funny that Twitter is more hated than Meta, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hey, remember when Elon changed the twitter logo to doge? Well, about that,

https://twitter.com/AASchapiro/status/1664742497669578758