Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

roomtone posted:

I don't think you can, y'know. I just try to stay away from him 90% of the time and only go in when he whiffs something. Still doesn't always work because I only need to gently caress up like twice and it's round over.

I mean that’s the thing, I whiff all the time but it only needs to connect a few times and game over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Day/Night Cycle is very annoying.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

:hellyeah: I love low res gaming

Playing chun a bunch this morning and man, I think I might just stick with her

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Weird Pumpkin posted:

:hellyeah: I love low res gaming

Playing chun a bunch this morning and man, I think I might just stick with her

yeah I played her in the beta and even without all the stance stuff she is super sick, ex legs into lv2 into aircombo feels like she's from another game almost

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Chillgamesh posted:

Idk if this is your problem but there’s an option in GFX settings to cap WT open world battles at 30 FPS which is enabled by default.

I’m having a blast with WT too, haven’t got around to playing VS mode yet. I’m a total scrub but I can’t wait to try Manon and maybe Dee Jay

It isn't the problem cos I've tried it both ways and it's the same. Way slower than 30fps, too. More like 5-10 when it's several opponents in the city streets.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

tepid take: all of the characters in SF6 are cool. Except Guile. Guile was never cool.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i wish manon had a different hairstyle because i hate it

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

roomtone posted:

It isn't the problem cos I've tried it both ways and it's the same. Way slower than 30fps, too. More like 5-10 when it's several opponents in the city streets.

Give it a day or two and they'll have REframework (RE Engine mod that allows further submods) working for SF6 and you'll be able to use the DLSS mods that people have already made for RE4

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Basticle posted:

tepid take: all of the characters in SF6 are cool. Except Guile. Guile was never cool.

tbh I can't believe I'm agreeing because blanka and ehonda are in this game. But they've done it, they've made them both cool characters

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

honda has been cool since sfii. :colbert:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Basticle posted:

Give it a day or two and they'll have REframework (RE Engine mod that allows further submods) working for SF6 and you'll be able to use the DLSS mods that people have already made for RE4

DLSS won't help.
When the World Tour is lagging neither my CPU nor GPU is maxed, which indicates that the issue lies in poor optimization that can't be fixed by DLSS.

You can test it yourself by setting Internal Resolution to 1 and World Tour will still lag.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

DLSS won't help.
When the World Tour is lagging neither my CPU nor GPU is maxed, which indicates that the issue lies in poor optimization that can't be fixed by DLSS.

You can test it yourself by setting Internal Resolution to 1 and World Tour will still lag.

ngl I havent actually played WT yet (except the demo) lol

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
for now I'm just avoiding the street battles because they're so slow they aren't any fun. all the event battles work fine, though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

panko posted:

honda has been cool since sfii. :colbert:

Honda's the same kind of cool as Superman: just a stalwart and proud Good Dude who is exactly what he looks like.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Alright finished my placements with Chun and placed into Gold (I guess? What does the stars mean under it for that matter) with an 8/2 record. Coulda made platinum but I threw it away in the last moment two games in a row vs a really good Ken

Chun just feels like she makes way, way more sense to me than Cammy does for whatever reason

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 3, 2023

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
this game is great. putting time into world tour and just uppercutting grandmas to start unprovoked fights so that i can buy cooler hats is just the best time possible playing video games.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Shard posted:

I also love modern controls. I can actually learn strategy by doing moves realiably

One of the best players in Japan John Takeuchi is playing with modern controls Luke. I do think some characters feel weird since they are missing key buttons.

Like if you play Ryu you are missing medium low kick which is loving unthinkable to playing Ryu. Unless I am missing something but you can't do that and that is literally his bread and butter, mlk into hadoken.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How long from beginning of world tour would it take to grind cash for 15 lukewarm beers for deejay costume 2

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is Marisa the most caveman character Capcom’s put in a game since Makoto? She rocks.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Honestly I think Capcom have something very promising with the world tour mode, maybe for a straight beatem up type game, add some boss fights like the arcade mode Akuma style.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
How do I unlock the free copy of Super Turbo? I linked my psn and capcom account. I logged into 5 for a second and back to 6 but nothing happened.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Spacebump posted:

How do I unlock the free copy of Super Turbo? I linked my psn and capcom account. I logged into 5 for a second and back to 6 but nothing happened.
If you hit Start there should be some kind of button for announcements or notifications or something. From there you’ll see some messages with present icons. Click those to claim

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Is there any way to use custom avatars to fight offline/locally?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Reaching the credits while doing all the side-quests at a brisk pace takes 16.5 hours. You get enough experience to max out exactly one master/fighting style.

Also Juri and JP aren't available as playstyles until post-game it seems.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Reaching the credits while doing all the side-quests at a brisk pace takes 16.5 hours. You get enough experience to max out exactly one master/fighting style.

oof lol

How was the story and stuff? I haven't touched world tour at all yet. I'll get around to it at some point I guess

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Medullah posted:

Is there any way to use custom avatars to fight offline/locally?

Nope, it’s lame. If this was the early 2000s they would’ve had a feature where both players pop in their memory cards and load in their customs.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Weird Pumpkin posted:

How was the story and stuff? I haven't touched world tour at all yet. I'll get around to it at some point I guess

Story? Umm...it had a neat curveball 75% into the playthrough that I thought was interesting. That's about it.

The actual interesting part of WT's writing is talking with random street fighter characters, like watching Ryu attempting to use a smartphone.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Gutcruncher posted:

If you hit Start there should be some kind of button for announcements or notifications or something. From there you’ll see some messages with present icons. Click those to claim

Hasn't shown up there yet. Maybe it takes a few days, but thanks. I'll keep checking that menu.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Trades posted:

So is the idea that you'd replay it or is that all you can do?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Story? Umm...it had a neat curveball 75% into the playthrough that I thought was interesting. That's about it.

The actual interesting part of WT's writing is talking with random street fighter characters, like watching Ryu attempting to use a smartphone.

Checks out, I wasn't sure if it was some big story mode or more just hanging out with the characters. A lot of the texting stuff has been funny, so looking forward to seeing the rest from some characters

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1664807730794708994

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

roomtone posted:

grinding dudes playing as a style and a bunch of minibosses who use a specific characters style get you points you can raise bonds with, so sounds like there's a bit of a post game grind to unlock everyone's costume 2

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I suddenly want a Hitbox
drat they cost quite a lot here in EU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

roomtone posted:

There's still post-game content with Juri and JP and cleaning up some of the grinding and leveling stuff.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Char posted:

I suddenly want a Hitbox
drat they cost quite a lot here in EU

I bought my Mixbox from overseas and it was definitely a noticeable blow to my wallet at the time but it's so loving worth it to have a proper controller for fighting games (and I also use it for rhythm games and beat 'em ups).

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

It was an interesting decision to make the Battle Hub basically unusable if you have a stick plugged in (Xbox). You can use a gamepad, but the gamepad doesn't work in the menus, so you have to keep swapping back and forth. I'll probably not be bothering much with that feature. I wonder if they'll patch in a fix.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Gief is so dope in this. It's nice to have kit in a grappler.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
SF6 tournament at Dreamhack Dallas is underway

https://twitch.tv/dreamhackfighters

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

ColdPie posted:

It was an interesting decision to make the Battle Hub basically unusable if you have a stick plugged in (Xbox). You can use a gamepad, but the gamepad doesn't work in the menus, so you have to keep swapping back and forth. I'll probably not be bothering much with that feature. I wonder if they'll patch in a fix.

Eh it's not too hard to get used to holding R1 to look around as long as you have the setting for the camera to follow you around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Checks out from the one Blanka I've encountered so far. I was at a loss for how to deal with random ball. Even reacting with DI often led to the followup whiffing or at most you get the hit of the DI itself.