Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unlocked my capstone dungeon, but I still need to get to level 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Atoramos posted:

Scaling didn't feel bad, but we did swap to T1 eventually. Game is fun and large but I find myself in the old position of going "man it's so close, they just need some time to make more content" and I know that's gonna take years.

This is where I'm at. I enjoyed the story and the game's fun, but it's not really in a state I see myself being excited to do leagues for unless they come with chunky content patches. Though I am hoping paragon boards kind of spice things up a bit after I beat the game, I've gone 3 acts/~15 levels without my build meaningfully changing and I think that's what's boring me

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

I tried left clicking and right clicking on an aspect I needed in the codex and nothing happened. I had to go find the dungeon in an area I hadn't been to before the hard way.

Weird, I definitely had it direct me to a few Barbarian dungeons in areas that were very far from any part of the map that I had been to.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Deki posted:

This is where I'm at. I enjoyed the story and the game's fun, but it's not really in a state I see myself being excited to do leagues for unless they come with chunky content patches. Though I am hoping paragon boards kind of spice things up a bit after I beat the game, I've gone 3 acts/~15 levels without my build meaningfully changing and I think that's what's boring me

I’m at the point where I’m changing my whole build every act. It keeps it fresh until the end game at least and the acts are long enough to get a decent feel for it.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I’ve been playing full poison werewolf druid and it seems pretty underwhelming so far at level 22. Even at WT1 it can take a long rear end time to kill basic stuff and I’m super spirit constrained. Shred and the vines active are my best damage dealers but shred burns through spirit so fast. Also the howl ability is super underwhelming; a tiny amount of healing and spirit recovery. Been watching someone play a bleed based barb and it seems way more fun. Kinda thinking of respeccing to elemental or a bear based build.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I killed a giant lich with a dozen diabros and got a bunch of legendaries, good poo poo

Post game content seems pretty solid

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah I've been failing a lot of events just because my mana gen can't keep up with the amount of spells I need to defeat the amount of enemies each wave has

Unrelated but to the few who have beaten the game or have been running multiple characters, are the aspect dungeons unique per character? As in, if I find a dungeon with a necro aspect while I'm playing sorcerer will that dungeon appear in the same spot if I make a necro?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm following the maxroll Bone Spear Necro build guide and can concur that it sucks to have to use the generator skill at any point. Basic skills really ought to be better

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Ehud posted:

Making sure I avoid spoilers -

I just want to say that the in-game extended cinematic that served as the release date trailer is the coolest video game cinematic I’ve ever seen.

It just kept getting more awesome.

This, so much this.

Also, when do we get clan halls? Expansion 1 or 2?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Tiny Timbs posted:

I'm following the maxroll Bone Spear Necro build guide and can concur that it sucks to have to use the generator skill at any point. Basic skills really ought to be better

I use my generator just to fill but I get most of my necro juice from exploding corpses and that's pretty rad!

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
The leggo faucet turned on around lv 30 and now at least half my slots are filled. My build is based around perma zerking with so many ways to add stuns (and +dmg during stun) that I can even stun bosses quickly. Then my double swing spender generates fury while hitting a stunned target so I can unload as fast as I can swing on the stunned boss and shred their hp. The skill tree is more clever than I thought since I have to take non-obvious combos to make it all work and I appreciate this all happened while leveling. Bodes well.

It’s going to be hard to change any gear around at this point since it’s all interconnected. I have like +6 warstomp or w/e the aoe stun is called and the cdr makes a huge difference. Makes me wonder what craziness you can get up to after amassing high +skill on certain abilities.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

These bosses make me feel like a dumb baby. Just had a frustrating time with one of the early story bosses Vhenard as a barbarian. Every attack did a ton of damage and the boss turned into a bullet hell where I can dodge about as well as a drunken ox. Love to get stunned from offscreen and have every attack hit and kill me. Died a bunch of times and only pulled through because I went home and spent every gold and material I had upgrading my gear. Yeah, yeah, git gud or whatever and the game was bound to be tougher than the sleepwalk D3 was but this is another level. The aggressive level scaling makes me think the rest of the game might be like this. :(

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

acumen posted:

I use my generator just to fill but I get most of my necro juice from exploding corpses and that's pretty rad!

Yeah as long as you get some corpses on screen you usually don't have to worry about using the basic skill. I'm thinking I might put a couple points in passives that generate more corpses even though the build guide doesn't call for it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

site posted:

Unrelated but to the few who have beaten the game or have been running multiple characters, are the aspect dungeons unique per character? As in, if I find a dungeon with a necro aspect while I'm playing sorcerer will that dungeon appear in the same spot if I make a necro?
Seasons may reset them, but the unlocks are account based. And the dungeons are the same for everyone

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

leftist heap posted:

I’ve been playing full poison werewolf druid and it seems pretty underwhelming so far at level 22. Even at WT1 it can take a long rear end time to kill basic stuff and I’m super spirit constrained. Shred and the vines active are my best damage dealers but shred burns through spirit so fast. Also the howl ability is super underwhelming; a tiny amount of healing and spirit recovery. Been watching someone play a bleed based barb and it seems way more fun. Kinda thinking of respeccing to elemental or a bear based build.

I was doing this and TBH I swapped to a blood necro and am having way more fun. It's tanky enough to not feel like a flimsy caster (using shield skeletons to divert aggro somewhat plus fortify) and the damage output is so much better than werewolf druid. I definitely feel like shapeshifter druid needs a LOT of tweaking for early game at least.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Ice Fist posted:

I hate how the generate resource -> spend resource loop works because it seems like they didn't at all compensate or under-compensated how slow attack speed generators/basic attacks work compared to high attack speed generators.

For example, on a druid, Maul is a slow attack speed cleave, but using it basically ruins the feel of the whole class compared to using something like rock spike. There's nothing to compensate for using the big slow Maul. If you got either much more spirit or got some percentage of base generation for each enemy hit it might feel better. The utility options in the skill tree for maul, the +fortify or the knockdown don't feel like they make up any of the difference. When using maul whenever I get to a generator phase I almost get bored at how slow the generation is. Rock spike feels just about right and I feel more engaged.

Agree with all of this about Maul. Werebear Druid is fun overall but Maul itself is pretty painful to use.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm having a jolly good time smashing things as bear. That's all really just lots of smashing.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
I think the free refunds for skills should probably go for about twice as long as it currently does. So much stuff doesn't feel great until you're a dozen levels in. Level 8 is useful, but making it cost gold before 15/20 feels rough (yes, it's a pittance to start, but even then it feels like it's discouraging testing things out)

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

VectorSigma#1623 here if anyone has another clan set up. Wouldn't want the pubbies to think I'm lonely or anything.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Finished the campaign, and actually saw myself ding during the last cutscene heh

Massively enjoyed the road until I got to the last zone and stuff started dragging out.

A bit dissapointed with how it ends, and not massively enjoying Neyrelle's character.

Gameplay feels very tight, but my build did not evolve at all past like level 20, which leaves a bit of a sour taste. I was hoping for some noticable improvements / changes through items or talents.

I'm gonna get a taste of the 'end game' gameplay loop later tonight but honestly am a bit afraid its not going to be what I need

Good thing is the game is loving gorgeous and it has all the tools in place to improve later on in seasons

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nice!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I've hit 30 and I kinda miss the loot mechanic from 3 where every once in a while you get an item that super boosts your DPS and lets you mow through guys and feel powerful for 10 or 15 minutes before they catch up

Also lol at this act 2 side quest that has you go through a dungeon to free prisoners and fight a boss, you go out to talk to a lady and then get sent back in to the same dungeon to free the same prisoners and fight the same boss a second time. So lazy

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

also I'm bummed out that lilith dies, since she and lorath were the only characters I really enjoyed. I kind of hope they bring her back or some poo poo

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Diablo's always funny when every game they introduce characters that hint at stuff outside of the Heaven/Hell conflict. Then the next game comes and they just ignore all of that. Does Ralph Ineson do much voice acting? I of course like his gravely bass but I thought he was a "serious" actor.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Legendaries kind of suck. They don't even have unique names, I just got one that's "protecting adventurer's pants." Like not even "Rathma's Studded Ball Protectors" or something, just the same <prefix> <item> <affex> pattern of yellows.

Legendaries just feel like fancier yellows.

Are there actual uniques etc. later in the game, or did they gently caress the goat on loot at launch here too?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

is any side content (quests, rewards) missable if you blitz the main questline? can you go back and get everything later?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Was not prepared for how gory the main story is . It’s gross !!!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Legendaries kind of suck. They don't even have unique names, I just got one that's "protecting adventurer's pants." Like not even "Rathma's Studded Ball Protectors" or something, just the same <prefix> <item> <affex> pattern of yellows.

Are there actual uniques etc. later in the game, or did they gently caress the goat on loot at launch here too?

legendaries are no longer the top teir of loot, uniques are a tier above

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Is poo poo busted? Just sitting here at QUEUED FOR GAME - GAME START PENDING indefinitely. :(

quitting and restarting sorted it.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Does anyone know if the paragon system only unlocks after the end of the story quests or capstone dungeon, or immediately after turning 50?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
quote is not edit

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Anyone else having issues? Went into a cellar and the game just stuck on the loading screen and now I can't log in.

e: it's putting me in queue that just grows. sweet.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Cyrano4747 posted:

they are just fancy yellows. have you not noticed theyre just imprinted and u can make yellows into them?? lmao

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

fknlo posted:

Anyone else having issues? Went into a cellar and the game just stuck on the loading screen and now I can't log in.

e: it's putting me in queue that just grows. sweet.

Just got hit with the exact same thing going into a cellar.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

SettingSun posted:

These bosses make me feel like a dumb baby. Just had a frustrating time with one of the early story bosses Vhenard as a barbarian. Every attack did a ton of damage and the boss turned into a bullet hell where I can dodge about as well as a drunken ox. Love to get stunned from offscreen and have every attack hit and kill me. Died a bunch of times and only pulled through because I went home and spent every gold and material I had upgrading my gear. Yeah, yeah, git gud or whatever and the game was bound to be tougher than the sleepwalk D3 was but this is another level. The aggressive level scaling makes me think the rest of the game might be like this. :(

i dont think its possible to die to that boss so really this is actually an acomplishment lol

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

oh man I just got my golem skill as Necro and goddamn, I need to have fully half my skill bar for summons.

Feels bad man, they really need to give you multiple skill bars.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Stux posted:

they are just fancy yellows. have you not noticed theyre just imprinted and u can make yellows into them?? lmao

lol no, like I'm bothering upgrading gear in the early game where you keep gear for approximately ten minutes

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

Just got hit with the exact same thing going into a cellar.

Me, an incredibly intelligent person upon getting back into the game: hmm, I think I'll try to go in that cellar again.

Got to alt f4 out again :negative:

e: and then it hangs on queued for game - start game pending

fknlo fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 3, 2023

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
you get infinite use imprints from dungeons and it takes 1 second to do, and they give really useful effects early game. just denying free power for no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Imprinting is a fantastic way of making yellows interesting and helps fill in some gaps until you're decked out in your build's uniques

Some are probably even BiS