Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Palpatine: tha galaktick empiyah of suhmesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Colony Drop of Smash.

And then everyone dies from nuclear winter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

United States of Multiversus

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Deku will yell "Sonno Joi!" as he does his greatest attack.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

IZUKU: [in the cadence of a Jojo character punching really fast] Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota, Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma, Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma, Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo -

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Funky Valentine posted:

IZUKU: [in the cadence of a Jojo character punching really fast] Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota, Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma, Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma, Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo -

Why do I hear this to the tune of Yakko's World

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1665419096744411136

quote:

Volume 38 of My Hero Academia will be released on June 2nd.
I misunderstood that it was released on the 4th.
The cover is pink and purple!
A postcard is included as a bonus. good night!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-390/chapter/39100?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1016583

A rising chapter?
That's right it made me rise out of my seat and walk out!
Ohohoho!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I love how this is the top comment by a significantly large margin. :allears:

Has it really only been eight months, though? It's felt like way longer.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Bakugo has been dead for ten months

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I hope we reach a full year without any word on what's happening to Bakugo. Or even longer. :allears:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I hope we reach a full year without any word on what's happening to Bakugo. Or even longer. :allears:

The weekly chapter will be replaced by a memorial service

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
At least the mangaka is not resolving Dabi's conflict through what I expected at certain turns of events, and I like the symbolism of burn marks for everyone in the family. That being said, why is Dabi alive? Given that he is being frozen from the inside, he is potentially getting cryogenically frozen or suspended animation. If he survives long term, what would be the point? You can rehabilitate anyone, including a serial killer? Have an ending scene where the family visits him in jail on a recurring basis?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He just needs a hug

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think its ok if Dabi goes to jail and it is a pretty appropriate end to Endeavor and Todoroki's arcs if they manage to defeat this crazy bastard without killing him.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Of course Dabi managed to smile Toga, his lips got burned off, he is unable to not smile. :colbert:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Flair posted:

At least the mangaka is not resolving Dabi's conflict through what I expected at certain turns of events, and I like the symbolism of burn marks for everyone in the family. That being said, why is Dabi alive? Given that he is being frozen from the inside, he is potentially getting cryogenically frozen or suspended animation. If he survives long term, what would be the point? You can rehabilitate anyone, including a serial killer? Have an ending scene where the family visits him in jail on a recurring basis?

He’s just getting some time to… cool off

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think its ok if Dabi goes to jail and it is a pretty appropriate end to Endeavor and Todoroki's arcs if they manage to defeat this crazy bastard without killing him.

On one hand, sure, it's nice that they stopped him without killing him. On the other hand, he's now a burned up skeleton man with no face, so I'm not sure what life will be like for him from now on.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The first time he burned himself to death, he lost his jawbone. This time he only burned his flesh. He'll be fine.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

doing this sequence effectively twice (complete with shoto finishing it with the exact same super ultimate move both times) really killed a lot of the heat (lol) for me. and imo it looked worse on the page this time, unfortunately, like 352's ending spread is imo much nicer and more impactful than the zoomed-out burnt corpses of dabi and dad. mostly came away feeling pretty bad for horikoshi, these last few months have felt brutal between the frequent skips and the 11 page chapters, and this chapter in particular throws into sharp relief both how long and how short the time since the start of this arc has been

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Valentin posted:

doing this sequence effectively twice (complete with shoto finishing it with the exact same super ultimate move both times) really killed a lot of the heat (lol) for me. and imo it looked worse on the page this time, unfortunately, like 352's ending spread is imo much nicer and more impactful than the zoomed-out burnt corpses of dabi and dad. mostly came away feeling pretty bad for horikoshi, these last few months have felt brutal between the frequent skips and the 11 page chapters, and this chapter in particular throws into sharp relief both how long and how short the time since the start of this arc has been

Chapter 352? 38 chapters ago? Holy poo poo that was a year ago.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I fully forgot that we'd already gone through a cycle of "Todoroki defeats Dabi, guess that subplot's finally wrapped up." Given that I don't even know if we can count him out for sure this time.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
there’s still dabi there he could reignite

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
lmao I actually forgot this is still the same battle where Shoto beat Dabi

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 6, 2023

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

All the villains have to be beaten twice in this arc. All For One got beat by Endeavor and crew and had to use Rewind to get a do-over. Half expecting Toga to take multiple goes to finally be put down.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't think I can handle anymore fake-out defeats and I'm not sure Hori has the constitution for it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rule of Three snickering in the corner and gleefully rubbing its hands together...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
How many days has bakugo been dead? I genuinely cannot remember how many weeks it's been

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

How many days has bakugo been dead? I genuinely cannot remember how many weeks it's been

Someone posted earlier in the thread it's been about 10 months

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

he's been dead since August 7th 2022. Children have been conceived and born in the time he's been dead

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
God I miss vigilantes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is better to retire gracefully.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

God I miss vigilantes.

Woof, this actually winded me a little bit. Next month makes it a full year since it finished, right? What a void it has left.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

just when you think he's croaked, he gets up again like the WB frog

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Don't worry, Bakugo's fine

his jeart is working overtime to fix everything

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

the normal jeart

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Bakugou stays dead but Jeanist works him like a marionette.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Weekend at Bakugo's

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Rhonne posted:

All the villains have to be beaten twice in this arc. All For One got beat by Endeavor and crew and had to use Rewind to get a do-over. Half expecting Toga to take multiple goes to finally be put down.

Well yeah, there's hundreds of her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7402/my-hero-academia-chapter-391

It’s up