Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yugioh doesnt do a lot of things that have become standard for card games since the 90s.
A cash prize pool for events, regular communiques and attempts at transparency with the playerbase, artist attribution on the cards, acknowledging playerbase originated formats as something valid for events (Time wizard events only started at the end of 2020).... etc

its frustratingly old fashioned at times.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Purrely cards tanked overnight. Good thing I bought playsets before ban list dropped.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6yeKIHfa58

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:rip: your wallet.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

probably just shouldn't buy physical product if konami is willing to hit a deck two weeks after it becomes viable with no explanation as to why. they might as well switch to a rotation system if they're going to put out lists like this

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New S-Force solo gate for Master Duel

edit:

Flair fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 29, 2023

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New Master Duel banlist:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Flair posted:

New Master Duel banlist:

Huh, surprised to see Terraforming go, and Benten coming back.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Flair posted:

New Master Duel banlist:

I haven't been following, is Master Duel still in Tear 0?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Cleretic posted:

Yes

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Thanks for the confirmation, I figured someone would've said if we were but I also thought 'hey so I haven't heard about Master Duel at all, maybe it happened and I didn't notice'.

Call me when it's time to flaunt some Kash Money.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cleretic posted:

there were some preemptive hits, kitkallos is at 1 and the ishizus started at 2.
The ishizu packs getting retired so theyre hitting it harder.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 31, 2023

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
They're really going out of their way to refund as little UR dust as possible, huh? Mind you, I'm mostly glad that Spright is still mostly playable, as it's the only tiered deck at the moment that I'm remotely competent with. Also, I'm guessing that Elf not getting hit means we're not getting Sprind yet. Hopefully Bystials are the shot in the arm for Branded that everybody says they are.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Kitkallos not being banned confuses the gently caress out of me. They knew they were gonna ban that card the second they decided to make it an SR, so what's the holdup?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I guess they want to give it one more month since the Tearlament pack is still around. RIP to my Naturia/Vernusylph/Ishizu pile

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Also the next pack is supposed to be Bystial and that engine is a lot better if everyone is still on Tearlament (and having to cut Ishizu names at that)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Speaking of packs, I wanted to gently caress around with Libromancers but I missed when their pack was in the shop and they don't have a Secret pack so I'm just kinda hosed, especially with them having 4/4 UR/SR

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Prehits on Bystials in Master Duel:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Just wondering: are Bystials an "intended to be a hard counter to the current meta deck, but also highly complements it/makes it even better" archetype w/r/t Tears?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Regalingualius posted:

Just wondering: are Bystials an "intended to be a hard counter to the current meta deck, but also highly complements it/makes it even better" archetype w/r/t Tears?

In the physical game(s) Bystials actually out before Tear.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Flair posted:

Prehits on Bystials in Master Duel:

That sucks honestly. Less likely to be a metagame shakeup if both of the good Bystials are pre-hit to 1.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ha, I was doing the fairies only challenge duel in WC 2006, and my opponent hit my Venus with Snatch Steal. Then they activated its effect. Only, they didn't have any Mystical Shine Balls, so basically they just paid 500 LP to show me their deck.

Then they did it again.

They were down to 300 after that, so I don't know how far that rabbit hole goes. They're probably scripted to just use Venus 3 times, but I wonder if they're set up to spam it until they see three balls out of their deck...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cleretic posted:

In the physical game(s) Bystials actually out before Tear.

Other way around. Tears were PHHY, Bystials DABL.
And yeah bystials were a clear anti tear tech for the meta since it makes their fusion effects fizzle.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Still probably going to take this opportunity to build some heinous Dragon Link pile

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And yeah bystials were a clear anti tear tech for the meta since it makes their fusion effects fizzle.

Oh right, it was Tears Before They Mattered Much > Bystials > Tear 0.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Still wrong! Tear was POTE, then Bystials were DABL, but then the Ishizu cards that made Tear crazy were in MAMA. All of this in a 3-4 month period.

PHHY was the set that put Kashtira on the map more than anything else.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

:pseudo:
Well to my defense PHHY had rukallos and the spells which further boosted tears

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Notably Dusk Dragon and Blazing Cartesia are now confirmed to be in the next set so Branded can do the Gimmick Puppet Nightmare lock without expending all their resources on it. Hope that gets banned quickly

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dabir posted:

Ha, I was doing the fairies only challenge duel in WC 2006, and my opponent hit my Venus with Snatch Steal. Then they activated its effect. Only, they didn't have any Mystical Shine Balls, so basically they just paid 500 LP to show me their deck.

Then they did it again.

They were down to 300 after that, so I don't know how far that rabbit hole goes. They're probably scripted to just use Venus 3 times, but I wonder if they're set up to spam it until they see three balls out of their deck...

Update to this: I duelled Kuriboh and tried giving it Venus with Creature Swap. It paid 7500 LP to show me its deck and no balls 15 times.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Still wrong! Tear was POTE, then Bystials were DABL, but then the Ishizu cards that made Tear crazy were in MAMA. All of this in a 3-4 month period.

PHHY was the set that put Kashtira on the map more than anything else.

And in the OCG the order was completely different! It was POTE > Ishizu > Bystials.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Went 2-1 in a small 6 man loca tourney with branded dogmatika ritual. One loss to pure branded. If I had gotten into secret village, I could have cooked his rear end but didn’t see either two copies, terraforming or my 3 metaverses. Branded really loving pops off too

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The top 100 players seem quite reserved compared to before, but here are the lists currently: https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/tournament/2023/wcs-qualifier/report

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Konami kneecapping a brand new archetype that is still fresh on b&m shelves is so wild to me. Do they suddenly not want to sell more Amazing Defenders?

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Played Blind Second Spright and Dinomorphia for the event. First opponent scooped to Maxx C/Ash. Second opponent scooped to Anti-Spell. Third opponent scooped to Ferret Flames. Cool event. Got a pack of N/R cards, so I guess I got what I deserved.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Next structure deck is Ninjas. Also, I just realised that the blind second Giant Ballpark deck I like to dick around with has become yet another victim of Konami's unwillingness to touch any of the actual Tearlaments problem cards.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Skios posted:

Next structure deck is Ninjas.

ooooh neat
hope it includes a lot of the new flip ninjas.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Looks like tomorrow's new pack will include Spright Sprind to go with the Bystials and general Branded support. I'm really glad I saved up 9k gems, as Spright and Branded Despia are by far my favourite decks to play that are actually competent.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
First duel with my new Branded Bystial deck, going first:

1) I activate Branded Opening
2) My opponent chains Maxx "C"
3) I chain Crossout Designator
4) I start scrolling through my deck, realising I didn't include Maxx "C"
5) My opponent surrenders before I select another card to banish

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
U should probably play maxx c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Especially if u have designator, since like, the whole point is to stop common handtraps