Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Lolling at DJ Clear The Floor

The whole story feels like something that a 22 year old person would do, but of course it's Jonathan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Lolling at DJ Clear The Floor

The whole story feels like something that a 22 year old person would do, but of course it's Jonathan
It's such a perfect comedic premise of a life that he finds himself in situations like getting invited to DJ in Ibiza but not actually being good at it.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
He remains precious and precocious at 40.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Boatswain posted:

He remains precious and precocious at 40.

Yet he once claimed to be sickened by the idea of a grown man being giddy

or something

there's a lot of eps

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Lol at Jonathan becoming increasingly misanthropic about everyone he sees in public.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
No more Tina Turner tickets :(

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

GraPar posted:

Also the first thing I thought of, shameful lmao.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Boatswain posted:

Also the first thing I thought of, shameful lmao.

Add me to the list of people who immediately thought about buying meth on Craigslist when I heard the news

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

GraPar posted:

Awww

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

JethroMcB posted:

Add me to the list of people who immediately thought about buying meth on Craigslist when I heard the news

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/UhhYeahDude/status/1662165472002080768
good to see them putting out clips here and there

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Edit: I'll wait to see if Jonathan mentions it

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
You have a wicked huge problem with Josh Duhamel? Or North Dakota?
Both.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

634, I don't remember if I originally learned this from UYD (or if it's actually true) but one of my favorite science factoids: assuming that woodpeckers had some anatomical adaptation to repeated head blows, football helmets were designed, in part, based on their skulls. Then somebody actually studied woodpecker brains and found out, no, they just get mad concussions all the time.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

I guess I gotta go hear this again because I remember it being real loving funny

This is maybe the hardest I've ever laughed at UYD though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_TLXgp2CuE

Seth getting WAY into the idea of being a lady and Jah's reveal at the end kill me every time.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Ordered Dominos tonight and when I looked at the Pizza Tracker and saw:

I immediately mentally appended it: "...with his big dick. Everyone loves him."

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

It's such a pity Seth's acting career never really took off. Dude's got those facial expressions down.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

JethroMcB posted:

Ordered Dominos tonight and when I looked at the Pizza Tracker and saw:

I immediately mentally appended it: "...with his big dick. Everyone loves him."

hey there, mon chere. i'm Big Dick Pierre. would you like me to break you off a slice of this extra large pie?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

gently caress it, here's what I was talking about earlier.

Gave my brother a UYD sticker when I visited him back in January in Flagstaff.

He finally had to go to Sedona for work:

Edit:he asks that no one share it to Jah, he's going to text it to his cell when he gets back? Anyone have the number?

Beastie fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 2, 2023

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Beastie posted:

Edit:he asks that no one share it to Jah, he's going to text it to his cell when he gets back? Anyone have the number?
(323) 387-3570

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

TACD posted:

(323) 387-3570

he's right, it's a terrible, unmemorable number

see I can just rattle off
323 481 4422
888 842 2357

I don't make the rules but it's true

e I think it's the lack of duplicated digits and having two two-syllable numbers in it that kills it

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I've had my current number for like a decade and still have a difficult time reciting the loving thing, it's an awkward jumbled mess, I wish I could post it, I think it's worse than jonathan's. I should have asked for a different one but it obviously didn't occur to me that it'd be an issue at the time, and now that ship's loooooong sailed

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I feel like the repeated 3x7 would make it alright if they could remember it and reliably recite it for like 10 episodes, but they only mention it every third episode and have to go look it up each time

It’s extremely adorable UYD energy but just makes it impossible to remember in the brain

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

8888422357 calling st. louie

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Realized another phrase coded in my mind as a UYDism: reading a biography of Sun Ra, which as you'd expect has more occasion than probably any other book to describe him or others as being "in full regalia".

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

mcvey posted:

8888422357 calling st. louie

Now patching you through to ssssssssaint loius!!

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
982: Love that the showrunner of The Old Man is a big UYD fan

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

no more intro songs? maybe they realized starting the podcast with a four minute deep cut isn't the best way to grow an audience but I'll miss them

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
This Vandon Tricamo story is so wild

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

mistermojo posted:

no more intro songs? maybe they realized starting the podcast with a four minute deep cut isn't the best way to grow an audience but I'll miss them

Only took them seventeen years lmao.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Who the gently caress are the vulture children?

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

mistermojo posted:

My guess is that it's some copyright/licensing thing.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
sucks if that's the case. it was good publicity. Jonathan turned me on to so much cool music over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkXxQL-nyQw

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
UYD is a rare thing I love where them doing poo poo to try and be more commercial/accessible actually makes me happy for them, because they've clearly done so much poo poo over the years (deliberately or otherwise) to limit how big in that way they could be.

(Within reason obvs, if they started doing HelloFresh ads that would be not so great)

Also Jonathan saying in the latest ep saying he's had his foot in the door of Hollywood since he was seven is very funny.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Always wondered if anyone was doing enforcement on that, beyond the automated copyright strikes on the big platforms, or if whoever does that stuff had started offering like a consumer-priced product to license short excerpts of a large catalog. I know I've seen podcasts have to re-upload an episode to remove some music but very rarely relative to the ubiquitous use of popular music as outros.

Honestly I have no idea -- is that how TikTok works, like they've licensed a catalog that covers more or less most contemporary popular music and just offer it to soundtrack your videos right there in the editor, completely kosher?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

GraPar posted:

This Vandon Tricamo story is so wild

Why wouldn't he just change his name?!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
In the earlier eps the music intros gave it this cool vibe of tuning into a late night session at seth's place.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

JethroMcB posted:

Here's a "what was the episode" question: does anybody remember the segment where they clown on somebody for saying "Ballin'," and then for the rest of the episode they occasionally punctuate their riffs with a high-pitched, nasal "BAAAAAALLLLLIN'!"?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Don't have the ep but I wanna say it was prompted by something like a police job listing seeking candidates with knowledge of street lingo that gave "ballin'" as an example.

It's episode 234, talking about a DEA agent who was looking to hire 9 "Ebonics translators". (I found this looking for a different quote - "Help me, I'm Na'vi.")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I wonder what Jonathan's gaming tag is.