Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Tried restarting a million times now. Doesn't help me.

Been fuxed for a while. It's too loving hot out to see sunlight, so let me sit in my dark rear end bedroom and play.

Edit: lmao 56min queue
Edit: 55

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Lorath is really lucky he has no family.

Seriously, does the PC really indirectly/directly kill at least one family member of every ally npc?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I just got back from taking a break after my first play session, also getting an hour queue.

I know it's a Blizz game and it's to be expected but drat.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Sab669 posted:

Anyone playing a Werenoun Druid? How is it? Felt awful to me in the open weekend, but I remember hearing they rebalanced things already so maybe it's good now.

So far I'm enjoying my Storm Druid, only like level 15 though.

Also the game crashed while playing they intro cinematic, which surprised me.

I started off as pulverize, but ended up switching to tornado because I got the legendary for it (tornado will seek up to # targets.) I'd just play whatever you get the aspect for tbh, the pulverize one is the one that makes pulverize create a shockwave, but I haven't seen it yet. Pulverize felt pretty anemic up to maybe 15 or whenever I switched, but tornado has just felt better and better as I level (up to 48 now.)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In case anyone is wondering, for Necromancer, you can only cap out your skeletons at 11 spawned. I figured as much because otherwise that would be super overpowered, but I just confirmed it through multiple equips that add +2 to skeletons. :P

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

rap music posted:

restart the game probably

That worked after a short queue. Thanks.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
man I'm missing 4 quests and one dungeon in act 1 I can't find anywhere lol

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

You can't do all the side quests right away, some are story gated, others possibly with level.

edit: but in tier 2 it definitely helps doing them get enough skillpoints to tackle those harder campaign bosses

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 3, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is there an AFK timer? I did manage to get in while walking to the grocery store since my last post :v:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

You can't do all the side quests right away, some are story gated, others possibly with level.

I have all of act 1 story done and I'm level 47 so I dunno, thought I could do everything before moving on

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Sab669 posted:

Is there an AFK timer? I did manage to get in while walking to the grocery store since my last post :v:

It's like 15 minutes.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
update: still in game and having the time of my life

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Stux posted:

update: still in game and having the time of my life

THIS

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Need to run to the store but scared of getting logged out

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

necro loving rules

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

site posted:

Need to run to the store but scared of getting logged out

Put a dippy bird on the keyboard or something

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
My game froze trying to pick up lore/audio log and now I'm stuck on the loading screen :(

Coming from Last Epoch the skill tree in D4 feels pretty meh to upgrade stuff but the game as a whole is way more fun for me than LE

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
this games so good, im stoked to see what they come up with for the expans

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I've been having a good time with a ranged rogue penetrating shot build. This is on wt1 though. I still don't have my aspect yet which is supposed to make it even better. Just pop shadow imbuement then penetrate and blow giant groups up. For bosses use poison imbuement penetrate and they drop super fast.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

The reactive sand/snow is such a cool effect when your undead clique begins skirmishing with some spicy giant scorpions and meaty boars on top of a desolate sand dune.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

And as weird as it sounds ranged rogue got a lot more fun on controller. Shadow on one trigger, poison on the other. It's pretty fun.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Finally found a legendary that gives me a second hydra and then another that gives 2 to blizzard and it feels a lot better being able to lock down a group and hit em from both sides

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

acumen posted:

also just lol at buying cosmetics when the base transmogs are already rad

I kept saying this! There's tons of cool looking character dress up poo poo.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Game just seems to be hurting now. Rubberbanding, weird slow transitions, black screens.

Edit: “Something went wrong.” RIP

ultrachrist fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 4, 2023

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

it's going to be bad for a day or two when they open the gates for physical copies and people only willing to spend $70. Good luck everyone

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Sounds like that Blizzard polish

quote:

people only willing to spend $70.
I think this is a joke, but I really can't tell here

Barreft fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 4, 2023

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

Pulverise druid is feeling really good now, ran across the map to get the earth pulverise aspect and was totally worth it. Would love the shockwave aspect now to cap it off.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

necro loving rules

gently caress yeah, that is my class i'm leveling right now too.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Finished the campaign. I had a lot of fun playing through the campaign but I don’t really feel compelled to grind the endgame in its current state.

That’s totally fine, I got my moneys worth, but probably not what Blizzard wants if they intend to sell a battle pass every 3 months.

I think there’s a very good game underneath a bunch of poorly designed systems that I don’t see surviving the first few seasons. Level cap of 100 is kind of absurd considering nothing really changes after like level 30. I would go with 60 tops with the way things are currently designed.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I'm stuck in the Astaroth fight, great loving QA indie company Blizzard

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Zelmel posted:

It's like 15 minutes.

I think its 30 minutes

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Looke posted:

I'm stuck in the Astaroth fight, great loving QA indie company Blizzard

You should have Ast'd for an exit.

I'll see myself out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ghosts leave meaty corpses but swarms of flies do not? How about some loving consistency, Bli$$ard?

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

I ran across the map to get the charged bolts aspect on sorc that people call good. I googled it and it's top aspect in guides. it's utterly inconsequential. 15% of casts travel further and home in. I read it and thought "that's bad, must be something more to it". Nope. Sorc generally feels pretty boring - the fun skills (meteor and incinerate and frozen orb) are really bad. I'm switching to barb or druid the moment I finish the campaign

Still rocking up to event bosses and watching their hp melt the second I get in there after 2-3 other players have been at it for a bit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

People are putting guides out quick for clicks

No one has any idea. Play without guides imho

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Level cap of 100 is kind of absurd considering nothing really changes after like level 30. I would go with 60 tops with the way things are currently designed.

??? you get access to a massive skill tree thing at 50

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The maxroll bone spear necro guide has you waste an entire skill slot on an oh-poo poo button that you will never actually use if you’re not playing hardcore

For all the bitching about special streamers being chosen to spend a ton of time playing early they don’t seem to be putting out good material

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Maybe I'm bad but blood mist owns and I use it all the time, especially on world bosses. It's an instant CC break there's tons of opportunity to use it even on baby mode wt1

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I like being a barb and hitting the demons with my sword until they die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

acumen posted:

??? you get access to a massive skill tree thing at 50

Yeah, it’s pretty boring. 95% of it is stat increases