Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

acumen posted:

??? you get access to a massive skill tree thing at 50

Lol what on earth is this. I'm guessing each square upgrades your damage or immunities by like 1 or 2 points so you still feel like you're progressing over your 600 hours of gaming?

Does one of the massive skill tree upgrades increase my running speed by 2%, perhaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

acumen posted:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

acumen posted:

lol. was waiting for people to discover this.

Behold, the Path of Exile tree but way more boring and 95% full of cruft.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 4, 2023

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I haven't played with it much but seems pretty similar (though smaller) than the PoE tree from what I remember, with yeah some +5 Int or whatever but each board also has two major doodads that are comparable to a D3 jewel or legendary aspect, otherwise.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Yea I just got back from taking a break after my first play session, also getting an hour queue.

In a singleplayer game lol.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

It feels weird to be nearly at level 30 and I haven't started the first main campaign quest (investigate what Lilith's up to) or even left Act 1 yet.

There are a lot of side quests in this game. I keep heading toward the main story quest and getting sidetracked because some guys wife is having an affair with a demon or something

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
How rare are max roll legendaries going to be when you get to the super high levels, I got one of the quite good universally legendary powers on a random drop that's the highest roll you can possibly get (I think, if I'm understanding the system correctly). So when it stops being good for my character because something better in every other way drops, I can extract that power and put it on something else to then put on a rare and turn it into a legendary with that good power right?

Just wondering if I should keep it until I have a very good piece of gear to put it on in the relatively far future? I assume you can't re-extract it after you've put it on a thing and just keep cycling the power onto new items endlessly. Or if all that poo poo will be dropping a lot or if specific powers are targetable so I can feel free to chuck it on something good enough.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

smoobles posted:

It feels weird to be nearly at level 30 and I haven't started the first main campaign quest (investigate what Lilith's up to) or even left Act 1 yet.

There are a lot of side quests in this game. I keep heading toward the main story quest and getting sidetracked because some guys wife is having an affair with a demon or something

I'm trying to do all the acts before doing act 1 to see if it changes anything.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

People are already bored. In a week things are gonna be dire. They better rush the first season. OW2 is dead since they put everyone on D4, Dragonflight didn't bring anyone back. The execs probably thought for sure this shitshow would've been sold to Microsoft by now.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Do you still get all the side quests when you're leveling a second character on the adventure mode? Probably only ever gonna do the campaign once so wondering if I would need to do all the side quests or could leave a bunch for subsequent characters on the adventure mode.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Barreft posted:

People are already bored. In a week things are gonna be dire. They better rush the first season. OW2 is dead since they put everyone on D4, Dragonflight didn't bring anyone back. The execs probably thought for sure this shitshow would've been sold to Microsoft by now.

What in the gently caress are you talking about? The game has been out for two days early access. Everyone I know is still loving it. You sound like you just have an axe to grind with Blizzard and are making baseless assumptions.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Lot of weirdos not playing D4 who thinks it's bad? Everyone else is actually playing and enjoying the grimdark

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

El Scandelouse posted:

What in the gently caress are you talking about? The game has been out for two days early access. Everyone I know is still loving it. You sound like you just have an axe to grind with Blizzard and are making baseless assumptions.

just search all of the guy's posts and you'll see this is the norm for him.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Yeah my only gripe is I wanna save 20 bux, I'm looking forward to it and I was a doubter to start.

Barreft posted:

People are already bored.

Ah yes, that dead on arrival game that... has opened to universal acclaim, literally hasn't been out long enough for people to know how they feel about playing it for longer than a week, and technically hasn't even had its real launch yet? Fell completely flat.

Like come on man, you've got to at least post within the same realm of reality as everybody else.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

EVIL Gibson posted:

just search all of the guy's posts and you'll see this is the norm for him.

Sorta like that Whee guy?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Paracausal posted:

Lot of weirdos not playing D4 who thinks it's bad? Everyone else is actually playing and enjoying the grimdark

I aint saying poo poo until next week. Give it enough time to smooth out so I can buy it for PS4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looke posted:

I'm stuck in the Astaroth fight, great loving QA indie company Blizzard

Yeah there was zero QA done on the story campaign. The game has been bug free and smooth since I finished the storyline though lol.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
The first bug I encountered was when I hit the skip button too quickly at the start of the credits and had to sit through them all

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Any tips for strongholds? This first one has been kicking my rear end. Running a sorcerer.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Found the guard in Kyovashad who just wants to get down regardless of the state of the Eternal Conflict.
https://i.imgur.com/FsiXKIz.mp4

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

D-Pad posted:

Any tips for strongholds? This first one has been kicking my rear end. Running a sorcerer.

Kill all the things

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

George H.W. oval office posted:

Kill all the things

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

D-Pad posted:

Do you have Unstable Currents?

If not, get Unstable Currents. The rest should sort itself out.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
What % does this goddamn download have to get to before I can kill demons? It's at 20% and my internet suckkkkks. I think with D3 I could play at around 40%? Same here? No high-res textures, if that helps.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hashy posted:

it's going to be bad for a day or two when they open the gates for physical copies and people only willing to spend $70. Good luck everyone

Mark me down as one of those. I didn’t think the extra cosmetics were worth the price for a game where I might play through it once or twice but not bother with seasonal stuff.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

acumen posted:

Maybe I'm bad but blood mist owns and I use it all the time, especially on world bosses. It's an instant CC break there's tons of opportunity to use it even on baby mode wt1

Maybe I'm just better at dodging :smug:

I dunno, I see the use as a CC break but that still comes in handy way less than something like a curse that increases your damage output at all times

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

D-Pad posted:

Just in general most of the time you get chunked at low levels is because you let a monster hit you with a big stunning attack. At lower levels this isnt that bad, but strongholds have a ton of trash that can wipe you out before you can regain control.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So... Is the Kor Dragan stronghold supposed to turn into a town when you clear all the baddies like Nastrva did? Cuz it's still infested with vampires and its marked off as being cleared.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Philthy posted:

So... Is the Kor Dragan stronghold supposed to turn into a town when you clear all the baddies like Nastrva did? Cuz it's still infested with vampires and its marked off as being cleared.

No, it stays infested and becomes an area where legion events can happen later.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Barreft posted:

were you literally just waiting on the edge of your seat for the first person to post that the servers were finally having issues to start your deluge of "I told you so :smug:" smugposts?

seriously if you're not interested just kindly gently caress off already

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Doomykins posted:

Yeah my only gripe is I wanna save 20 bux, I'm looking forward to it and I was a doubter to start.

Ah yes, that dead on arrival game that... has opened to universal acclaim, literally hasn't been out long enough for people to know how they feel about playing it for longer than a week, and technically hasn't even had its real launch yet? Fell completely flat.

Like come on man, you've got to at least post within the same realm of reality as everybody else.

Definitely didn't say dead on arrival, middle aged dads have enough nostalgia to get it for now sure.

We'll see how it's thought of when season 1 finally begins in 2 months and we see how bad the cash shop is.

e:

InventorOfTrees posted:

were you literally just waiting on the edge of your seat for the first person to post that the servers were finally having issues to start your deluge of "I told you so :smug:" smugposts?

No. This thread doesn't get many posts, it was quick to scroll through.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
holy christ why did they hard cap you at 6 skill assignments?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

D-Pad posted:

I think they're just a step up in difficulty overall.

Just ran one and it was chunking me harder than any bosses prior were able to.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
In two months I'll be just as happy I made this purchase for the experience I'm having right now, and if I decide to play even more then great!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah somehow the paragon board is more boring than path of exiles skill tree, its like they wanted something that looks impressive but put no effort into it.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

queeb posted:

more boring than path of exiles skill tree

bait

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

crazy i know

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

Turds in magma posted:

What % does this goddamn download have to get to before I can kill demons? It's at 20% and my internet suckkkkks. I think with D3 I could play at around 40%? Same here? No high-res textures, if that helps.

Answer needed...

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Wow is in the best state it's been in a decade, Diablo 4 absolutely whips rear end, OW2 is a very, very good game but is sadly an out-of-its-time gameplay design that requires people to intensively aim. It's the summer of blizzard baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Anyone got a druid build they’re following? I have been doing companions, but I’m struggling with the stronghold for the level 15 class quest