Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite hosed up lil' guy in games?
This poll is closed.
Waluigi 36 29.27%
Waddle Dee 34 27.64%
Gollum 7 5.69%
Sonic 13 10.57%
freaky cartwheeling grey-skinned frog men from elden ring 28 22.76%
vectorman worm things that sometimes explode 5 4.07%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've only heard good things about Dragonflight and I don't care for WoW at all. Between that and D4 it looks like at least some teams are managing to get things done over at blizzard in spite of it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/everySleeps/status/1661686061922238464?t=NtRiOw515-T08BrlRdzc28Ko2wWV1Qbbxle4-AB88Yc&s=19

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Honestly I want to buy FF16 the same way as well, but I'm not sure if it's a game I'd really vibe with and have enough time for.
It looks SUPER interesting tho

A demo of 16's prologue should be out on the 11th/12th so you can find out then!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Overwatch had so much potential. Just pure incompetence from top to bottom on that game.

Overwatch 2 was such a massive own goal. Just an absolutely bizarre development cycle from top to bottom.

Like why does it even exist? It's effectively just new maps and characters for OW1.
Would have probably sunk any other comapny.

At least the character cinematics are fun to watch, and Blizz kicks rear end at those? :shrug:

Blizzcon is on again this year for the first time in forever, so the Overwatch Q&A panel will surely be a :munch: popcorn shitfest
I'll be curious if they'd wheel something like Starcraft 3 or Warcraft 4 out.

Terper posted:

A demo of 16's prologue should be out on the 11th/12th so you can find out then!!

Oh nice, I'll give it a crack.

Still think I won't have enough time for it tho. Too many games :v:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Nm

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There's always time for Spider-man friendo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Across the spider verse is the best western animated movie in decades. They used the built in audience and almost inability to lose audience to go far more avant garde than they needed to, and to great effect.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Saw it last night. Sorta want to gush a lot about it, and what it means for Spider-man plot beats as a whole.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah it was real good, I had one minor plot problem but that could be solved in the sequel

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Across the Spider-Verse was SO loving GOOD and it also is significantly prettier than the first which is already one of the prettiest animated movies of all time

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
What the gently caress is a Waddle Dee?

*Checks Google*

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

*Checks Google*

a friend

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

*Checks Google*

someone missed a prime opportunity to have kirby shoeless

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

*Checks Google*

WADDLE DEEZ NUTS

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha when someone said it was more of a two partner start than finished thing I was thinking I'd hold off till the next one is out.

I thought the first one was great and I loved the different art styles they played with, think I'll try and see this one in theatres now. Spiderman feels like the only marvel/DC character worth watching these days.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Spiderman feels like the only marvel/DC character worth watching these days.

If you're a MIles Morales / Gwen Stacy fan, and their roles as respective Spider-peeps, you'll really like this.

Also takes a z list villain and makes them an incredible threat.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's right, I'm talking about The Wall

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

indie devs are really out there making the coolest poo poo

https://twitter.com/joar_lj/status/1665072554384424961?t=8t7knuT_FTbGvjURN-LASA&s=19

L-shaped corridor is the best video game room of all time btw. Resident Evil: good

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Infinitum posted:

That's right, I'm talking about The Wall

he's no Funny Bunny

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum posted:

If you're a MIles Morales / Gwen Stacy fan, and their roles as respective Spider-peeps, you'll really like this.

Having him be voiced by Jason Schwartzman is so on the nose, and yet perfect.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

fyi, Monster Hunter Rise has canine drifting

I went on a Kulu-Ya-Ku hunt right after the basic tutorial, not realizing I what I was signing up for (I'm not sure how close I was to killing it when the timer expired). But it was a fun experience, learning the ropes the hard way.

So far I'm liking it more than every other MH I've tried. I'm not sure if it's all the smaller changes they've made (like the aforementioned dog riding), or if I'm just in the right mood. For a Switch title, it scales quite nicely on PC.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I love those 2, both the movie version but I also hate how Peter Parker and every body behind the mantle is immortal or periodically reborn so I always root for the replacements. Fortunately multiverse neatly takes my issue with IP-Armor and makes it into something that sidesteps my issues and makes a fun show of it so I can dig it. I also liked that madam web stuff when I was a kid.

Tried rewatching that series a while back after the last spiderman movie and lol so much of it is about him trying to get girls while remaining PG

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Spiderman has always been half soap opera half crime fighting, even in the ditko days

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Forget Waddle Dee where the gently caress is Waddle Doo?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I like Peter Parker and I wish comic writers would like him too if they gonna keep him around

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Are he and MJ married again in the comics yet or not?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No, they wrote an arc about him getting cucked by some dude named Paul who got with MJ in an alternate dimension. Her and Paul raised two kids together there.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

^^^^ oh look it's the dumbshit

Jerusalem posted:

Are he and MJ married again in the comics yet or not?

No. They're doing dumbshit with him and MJ atm

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gaius Marius posted:

No, they wrote an arc about him getting cucked by some dude named Paul who got with MJ in an alternate dimension. Her and Paul raised two kids together there.

:cripes:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

is paul cool though

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

homeless snail posted:

is paul cool though

not really

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

A Spidey adjacent comic that was pretty fun was Nick Spencer's "The Superior Foes of Spider-Man" about a bunch of C-List Spidey villains teaming up together. Unfortunately, Spencer's run on Amazing Spider-Man later on was really uneven and I didn't like a lot of it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The worst thing about comic book characters is the comic books.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Comic characters should get 100 to 500 chapters max and then retire or die. Past that you get weird stuff like One More Day and whatever is happening now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And now Dan Slott is going to do another Superior Spider-Man (this was a storyline where Peter and Doc Ock changed minds and then Peter as Ock died so then Ock had to be Spider-Man)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The most super hero comic booky thing thing I know of is the version of Batman who got so owned by his Joker he killed that Joker and became his own Joker and long story short that Batman was so evil he eventually killed most people in most universes along with some dark god of being bad until enough good superheroes from different universes gathered the 13 dark metals or whatever to kill that Batman.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

only western comic book I ever got into was reading my brothers back issues of strike force morituri. because one it got cancelled after like three years so it had a definitive ending point and, two the whole gimmick is that the thing that gives them their powers is also killing them, and usually they just die after resolving whatever character arc they came in with and someone else joins in the next issue and there's barely any long term baggage

sometimes I think about getting a marvel unlimited subscription and getting Way Into Spiderman or whatever, but then I get tired thinking about it and just read a gn that's one and done or, some 20 chapter manga that had a 10 year hiatus in the middle of it's run before the guy came back to wrap it up

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

not to get ahead of myself, but how long before you start seeing some armor variety in mohun?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol I went to see spiderverse and there were technical problems leading to a few parts where it froze or stuttered, including one scene with miles kinda shrugging iirc during the first fight with the spot, and the crowd thought it was part of the movie for a good ten seconds. Then it went on for 30 more seconds before it got fixed.

I guess I should be happy it was a momentary setback rather than the good old days of glitches like that being from the film reels literally catching fire.

Great movie though. Moves so fast it makes me want to pick through it slowly with a fine tooth comb to find all the little stuff. Animation quality is insane, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

define "armor variety", because every monster you fight is at least one new set you have access to