Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The 80 year old man who likes to make someone create this from his thoughts and put it on tv. he licks his lips and they get drier than before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Drakkel posted:

Have I got good news for you:

Lol They literally call it the Mustard Belt too, if I remember correctly.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Not gonna click through to twitter is that a snake on her hat

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kvlt! posted:

Idk the whole "its fake so blah blah blah" is always so asinine.

Yes, but it's quite relevant when grown-rear end men are seriously floating dumbass arguments like "Roman Reigns is the best wrestler of the modern era because he has the longest title reign", which makes up a significant amount of the bad post thread's content.

And yeah nobody should literally care one bit about how long someone is the WWE champion, it is not an impressive metric in any sense, because this is the promotion where being champ is determined solely by a senile 85 year old roid head.

is pepsi ok posted:

Having a long reign should be meaningful because it should be a sign that the performer has been doing such an amazing job of getting over with the fans that nobody else on the roster could take their place. But in WWE reigns are just about the whims of one person.

Yes exactly. Care about the performances and the entertainment, not some metric that is determined 100% at the whims of some old rear end in a top hat.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If WWE had any idea how to do goofy humor Lacey could actually get the over the top drill sergeant over.

Have her berate some NXT goofs and make them do burpees till they puke. Make Omos do an agility course. It would have to be a parody to get over so WWE will probably have her play it serious

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Has the big idiot loser belt been won yet?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

sleep with the vicious posted:

Watched the clip of bloodline last night and it has such clear fake crowd noise that it blows my mind how nobody comments on that. Just another bizarre WWE thing.

I was actually at the show (got a free ticket) and the crowd was into the segment. Doesn't mean they didn't add fake crowd noise. Our arena is really odd for the way it amplifies the crowd. I know away players hate playing playoff games there for how loud it can be even with a small crowd.

Edit: they also had Lacey jump Zelina during the break then handed her a mic trying to work the crowd. Crowd did not give a poo poo about her.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

No, there’s still time for you to stake your claim.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

cody doesnt win

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

RandolphCarter posted:

No, there’s still time for you to stake your claim.

:negative:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

what happened to the guy with the space bug outfit that he said he worked on for like a year is he still around

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

If WWE had any idea how to do goofy humor Lacey could actually get the over the top drill sergeant over.

Have her berate some NXT goofs and make them do burpees till they puke. Make Omos do an agility course. It would have to be a parody to get over so WWE will probably have her play it serious

Just replay that clip of her pre-Lacey Evans running drills at a Performance Center tryout and berating Sammy Guevara about his forward roll

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
That's a cobra on Lacey's hat. I can only assume Vince is still mad at Sgt. Slaughter for getting the G.I. Joe deal without involving him.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

vince has like a dozen stereotype gimmicks that have to be active no matter what period of history we're in or who is portraying them

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

theres nothing less intimidating than an army drill sergeant outside the context of army training. Like all they can do is yell at you lol they have no power.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

She's very well liked backstage

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

what happened to the guy with the space bug outfit that he said he worked on for like a year is he still around

https://twitter.com/joaquinwilde_/status/1222874080107466753

he's in the Latino World Order despite being Filipino

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

If a US-born guy with Tongan parents can be Mexican, so can a Filipino.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

lol thank you for finding the tweet, still gives me a laugh every time

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Vince likes to dig in to his wrestlers' pasts and personalities, molding them into superstars, so you get a lot of wrestlers whose character is their ethnicity, an ethnicity like theirs, or a job

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Orange Carlisle posted:

vince has like a dozen stereotype gimmicks that have to be active no matter what period of history we're in or who is portraying them

I remember when he had the greasers (?) with the girl in the poodle skirt which my mother would find very dated, I would only know from vague cultural references from before I was born, and kids probably found incomprehensible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

1glitch0 posted:

I remember when he had the greasers (?) with the girl in the poodle skirt which my mother would find very dated, I would only know from vague cultural references from before I was born, and kids probably found incomprehensible.

Grease is one of the most famous musicals of all time

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

1glitch0 posted:

Deuce and Domino w/ Cherry who were billed from The Wrong Side of the Tracks IIRC

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

bray wyatt is just papa shango in 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

bray wyatt is just papa shango in 2023

This is the meanest thing I've ever heard someone say about Papa Shango

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

This is the meanest thing I've ever heard someone say about Papa Shango

lol

got a pop out of me with that one

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rarity posted:

Grease is one of the most famous musicals of all time

okay grandma

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

1glitch0 posted:

Deuce N Domino existed for an audience of one, and that audience was me tuning into a random Smackdown in 2007, seeing them, and thinking "this is the coolest poo poo I've ever seen and wrestling is awesome" and never looking back :colbert:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Deuce N Domino existed for an audience of one, and that audience was me tuning into a random Smackdown in 2007, seeing them, and thinking "this is the coolest poo poo I've ever seen and wrestling is awesome" and never looking back :colbert:

I still love their entrance music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuzrLjFEq-8

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Then I stand corrected, it did serve a purpose!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It's SO good. The song, the cool car, my love of The Outsiders...it all clicked for me in a way that Undertaker vs. Mark Henry from the previous week just didn't and made me a true fan for life. I may be the only person who can say that my favorite wrestlers of 07-08 are "The Smackdown Tag Team Division" but I accept it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Maigius posted:

At least someone realized Lacey belongs far, far away from a ladder match.

hopefully soon they realize she belongs far away from a wrestling ring, not holding my breath tho bc I can only do that for a little bit, then I'll die

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cody is set to be in a Miz TV segment on RAW lol

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Since this appearance of a new belt, what’s Cody’s motivation? There isn’t a belt to go after

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

sleep with the vicious posted:

Watched the clip of bloodline last night and it has such clear fake crowd noise that it blows my mind how nobody comments on that. Just another bizarre WWE thing.
yeah they would always dub over taped smackdown shows but then the pandemic happened and they realized they don't even need a crowd and can just put over whatever they want on TV and gaslight the people watching

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

TV Zombie posted:

Since this appearance of a new belt, what’s Cody’s motivation? There isn’t a belt to go after

Losing to brock seven more times

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Yaknow that IS pretty drat cool. I don’t even remember these guys but I will declare that Vince is a genius and wins again.

1glitch0 posted:

okay grandma

You better not say stuff like that to her unless you bring a big ol bag of werthers candy or lemon drops. You definitely aren’t getting a shiny coin her next visit.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Cody is set to be in a Miz TV segment on RAW lol

this is how you know you've finally made it

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

With the Grease prequel series available to stream now, it's a fine time to bring Deuce and Domino back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Bring back Cherry