Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Hit 42, had a blast smashing poo poo up tonight. I even wandered down south west pretty far, why? Just because. I like to explore.

Anyone notice that on some legendary drops it almost feels like you get repeats? Not the exact same item mind you but if you get a chest, you might get another chest. Or if you get an amulet then you get another amulet. I had three in a roll in the span of two hours. And yeah the two chest thing as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

BurningBeard posted:

No doubt don’t sleep on this there are 10 whole rear end skill points among the rewards iirc. And I think those do transfer over to subsequent characters on the same realm.

What does realm mean, I couldn't find a good answer. Does it mean your account? Region?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Realm is basically server. The normal current realm is Eternal. I assume when seasons come out they’ll be on their own realm.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Eternal realm is like the "non-season" realm. It's where your seasonal characters will go when the season is over

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lakbay posted:

What does realm mean, I couldn't find a good answer. Does it mean your account? Region?

You're on the "paid 90 bucks" realm for now so make all your characters before they open it to the plebs

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Wait a minute, surely we don’t have to collect altars every season?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BurningBeard posted:

No doubt don’t sleep on this there are 10 whole rear end skill points among the rewards iirc. And I think those do transfer over to subsequent characters on the same realm.

You also get 4 paragon points for each zone. Super helpful!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
One nice QoL, if you find a legendary in your stash chest, it means you didn't notice it drop at some point earlier.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kaddish posted:

Wait a minute, surely we don’t have to collect altars every season?

no

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is there any type of pants gear for female characters that don't have a skirt

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Last Call posted:

One nice QoL, if you find a legendary in your stash chest, it means you didn't notice it drop at some point earlier.

Ooh yeah I noticed this too, so loving cool.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

just finished act 3, game feels big

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Thank gently caress I don't have to identify anything anymore. That's all I gotta say.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

pmchem posted:

just finished act 3, game feels big

If you follow just the plot, you only see like 35% of the world total. Uncovering the rest is a huge undertaking.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Seems silly that you have to essentially beat the game to get a mount. Don't care that much but I find it a bit odd.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Seems silly that you have to essentially beat the game to get a mount. Don't care that much but I find it a bit odd.

End of act 3 is no where near the end of the game especially if you aren’t bulldozing campaign quests.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh. lovely SEO farming sites said it was at the end of the campaign.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Legendary drop rate sure as hell skyrockets near the endgame. Approaching d3 levels and im not liking it tbh

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Mikojan posted:

Legendary drop rate sure as hell skyrockets near the endgame. Approaching d3 levels and im not liking it tbh

Don’t worry you’ll get to the point where you want a unique and never get one

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

totalnewbie posted:

Thank gently caress I don't have to identify anything anymore. That's all I gotta say.

Now if only they added a separate, small leather pouch for gems I'd be in QoL nirvana.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

How does multiplayer work with campaign progression if you’re at different parts

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/1665219714552045576

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Rolled a Necro and hit level 41 and got my horse. Not entirely sure I like my bone spear Necro build though. It's pretty corpse dependent.

I can throw like 3 spears before I'm frantically trying to corpse explode to get mana back, which makes bosses without adds feel like a chore.

I assume at some point I can gear him out of essence problems, but I half want to just start over now that I unlocked the horsey account wide

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

sauer kraut posted:

Now if only they added a separate, small leather pouch for gems I'd be in QoL nirvana.

I have no idea what they were thinking with gems. Everything else has its own inventory tab and gems take up so much space. Must be a limitation with allowing them to be click-picked-up and dropped onto gear.

So much gear is dropping I'm having a hard time picking. Even with advanced tooltips on I'm just going with whatever green number is higher unless it's very obviously tuned for my build. I can't spend more than ten seconds picking between two swords when I'm just going to find two more in the next five minutes. I'll optimize when I hit 50.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
There's an ability that makes bone attack crits make your essence rregen faster in the north part of the starting area

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Impermanent posted:

There's an ability that makes bone attack crits make your essence rregen faster in the north part of the starting area

That would definitely help. I have tons of stuff to do more damage per hit, but have not grabbed this

I'm also in kind of a lovely spot essence wise where they have started to require some legendary crafting material you get from salvaging legendaries to craft new items, but I haven't got any of those from the legendaries I've tried to trash so I assume there is a level requirement or something

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

If you are playing a sorc, keep an eye out for the special wizard that clones himself - he drops a 'almost unique' staff that has a pretty hefty bonus to all three element types as it's second passive.
I killed him a second at level 40 and it's something like 15% buff to fire, lightning and ice damage. He spawns north east of the first town, towards the monastery.

Spawns around the '13' on this map and I believe his minimum level is 25 so be careful if you're 20 or less.
Named something like 'The Multitudinous' or somesuch.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
Anyone else make their first character on hardcore?
I kinda feel like it's a risk since I just wanna beat the campaign, but there's no thrill on normal...

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Anyone know if there is an xp penalty if you are too low? I completed the capstone dungeon at 43 because I'm a god gamer and just wondering if I should blast right up on to WT3 or level to 50 first.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Turds in magma posted:

Anyone else make their first character on hardcore?
I kinda feel like it's a risk since I just wanna beat the campaign, but there's no thrill on normal...

I'm the same way; I started out on world tier 2 and lost a few characters, so I dropped it down to tier 1. Haven't had as many close calls as I was on my earlier characters but there's still enough of them to keep me on my toes. I'll bump it back up to tier 2 after I finish the campaign.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Same. HC or bust

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Anyone know if there is an xp penalty if you are too low? I completed the capstone dungeon at 43 because I'm a god gamer and just wondering if I should blast right up on to WT3 or level to 50 first.

jk lol I'm getting owned on WT3.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Logged out just shy of 60. Hoping to hit hell tomorrow but I've had very bad unique luck with about 20 dropping so far and it being the same 4 each time.

Some helltide pointers:

Yes the level 72 can be killed. No it's not worth it.

You lose half your tide bucks if you die.

Group up, split up a tiny bit until events are up. The packs are not that hard and with a good rotation you can easily double the amount you're farming.

Big bosses that spawn from events as a bonus can and will respawn on you if the timer ends. This afaik is obly for events where the bonus is an extra named elite. Sorry to the goon who missed the timer with me by 15 or so seconds earlier.

I'm having way more fun than expected, the map is huge and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to tackle things.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This is pretty fun so far. I probably won't engage much with the endgame, but I'm level 32 and have been enjoying how I've been able to build my Sorcerer. Got a nice legendary affix that lets my Ice Shards penetrate stuff 5 times, and my friend is playing a Druid that got some legendary that lets him fill an entire big area with his landslide. When we use my Frost Nova + that legendary landslide thing it just deletes entire groups of enemies.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem
act v and vi were way longer than i expected them to be, and totally owned. stayed up way too late but thankfully its a perfect summer night and im 39 years old

was 51 when i finished the campaign. stoked to re-optimize some gear tomorrow and shoot for wt3

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?
In WT3 now and my druid feels invincible in nightmare dungeons and helltides. The only thing that seems to be able to hurt me is poison mod elites but holy gently caress do they hurt. Butcher couldn't get past my barrier yet a poison elite will wreck my day if I'm not paying attention.

Has anyone found aspect of the trampled earth yet? That aspect sounds ridic fun, trample is already my favorite skill.

Patch notes: https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

Kin33 fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jun 4, 2023

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The game needs a major QoL pass like yesterday, most of it with the stash and aspect management.

Dumping aspects and/or aspect legendaries into the stash with no search functionality is absolutely miserable. Not knowing if an aspect is offensive, defensive, utility, mobility, or resource by looking at it on the item is rough. I'm really not sure how best to tackle this, but having the equivalent of 4 PoE non-premium stash tabs with no search functionality is quite rough.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Put on new page

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jun 4, 2023

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

it's out https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

quote:

We’ve made some balance adjustments to Classes and want to provide our reasoning behind them. Overall, we're quite happy with the performance of our Classes, but we know there is always room for improvement. Our goal behind these changes is to create a better balanced and enjoyable experience across the board. Our updates fall into 3 categories:

1) While we want players to both feel and be truly powerful, some Class builds and synergies are outside of our bounds for what is reasonable for the health of the game, so we are reducing their effectiveness. As an example, we generally want to avoid creating situations where players can survive unreasonably high amounts of damage for long periods of time because it too greatly warps our vision for how combat should be in Diablo IV.

2) Some skills and builds are not as effective as we would like, so we're pushing out some buffs to increase their strength.

3) Paragon Glyphs are currently providing too much player power, so we're reducing their overall effectiveness.

An ideal we have carried throughout development and will uphold is that Class balance is a journey, not a destination. We want more Class builds to be fun, powerful, and competitive within reason.

Thank you all for supporting us, and we'll see you in Sanctuary!

<too many details to quote>

Sounds like a bunch of nerfs to people cheesing endgame, but also Necros getting some buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I just had a weird thing where it kicked me out with an Account Locked error, but let me log in to another class build on the same account and that let me get back into my primary character