Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Coolguye posted:

OK. Forgive me for remembering that one thing wrong. Rather than the other problems that showed up in that thread while I wasn’t around. It amazes me that you can remember that with such clarity. Now I’ve apologized. Can you stop with the stupid grudge now? Forever, preferably?

Only if you stop with the fearmongering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i

what?

e: nevermind. you're a loving psycho. i'll just peace out for a week or whatever and let the thread move on. holy poo poo dude.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 3, 2023

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dorkfight!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

For real content, this game came up in the videogame hoaxes and urban legends thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m93DzZ4I50

They made it sound like it was an interesting time but is it worth the hassle of installing it to my WiiU to play? I hadn't heard of it before today

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
I hope we can stop talking about the Epic store now.

F+H: Termina is rapidly rising up the lists to become one of my favourite horror games as well as one of the most innovative RPGs I've seen in a long time. It's sublime. I won't be able to look at JRPG combat systems in the same way again. It's also probably the most "Roguelike" game in the literal sense of reminding me of Nethack that I've seen in a long time.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Len posted:

For real content, this game came up in the videogame hoaxes and urban legends thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m93DzZ4I50

They made it sound like it was an interesting time but is it worth the hassle of installing it to my WiiU to play? I hadn't heard of it before today

as someone who actually managed to play it when it was more recent it was a really cool game but i don't know if its worth actually trying to play at this point, it scratches that 'liminal space but instead of isolation its explicit malevolance' horror vibe that few games have even bothered to try (the closest comparison is, like, corpse party, which is a whole other :can:)

maybe just try to find a VLP of it that doesn't suck? :shrug:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yeah when it first came out it was a mobile game and then later ported to the Wii, and in that context I really dug it but I'd probably just watch a longplay now.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I've been playing over 100 hours of Re4make and AW2 trailer immediately made think this is RE4 as hell.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
was playing the first Darkness Within and it's a really atmospheric adventure game but drat, that dial clock puzzle, im sorry mr detective, you're going to be stuck forever in that lovecraftian nightmare

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Honest Thief posted:

was playing the first Darkness Within and it's a really atmospheric adventure game but drat, that dial clock puzzle, im sorry mr detective, you're going to be stuck forever in that lovecraftian nightmare

There is a part that really spooked me because I wasn't expecting it in a point n click. Dude enters your apartment and attacks you. Up to that point you didn't see other character models in the gameplay

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Yeah, I didn't even think they could render models

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Playing Decarnation, and first impressions are pretty good. As someone who turns 31 pretty soon, it really does capture the anxiety that comes with being a woman who's becoming "past-their-prime" and has to deal with the expectations that come with that. The art and animations are gorgeous across the board. Obviously the music slaps. It keeps a good balance of horror-fantasy and real-life panic.

I went in totally blind, so I dunno if it'll keep it up, but if you ever wanted to play a game version of the DyE Fantasy music video, it's pretty close.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

GrandpaPants posted:

Has anyone checked out The Tartarus Key yet?

started playing it this morning, about an hour or so in and it's good so far.
decent puzzles and no combat (yet?) and spooky atmosphere

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

The real horror was all the internet slap-fighting and derails over digital storefronts and launchers in a thread about neither.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Epic Store?

More like Epic Snore!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Agent Escalus posted:

The real horror was all the internet slap-fighting and derails over digital storefronts and launchers in a thread about neither.

The true horror is epic selling your data to the Chinese government :tinfoil:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Jokes on them, I played Genshin once so they already had it :smugdog:

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

GrandpaPants posted:

The Tartarus Key

okay actually finished it in about 2.5 hours, good game but not worth $20 imo

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

amnesia: the bunker reviews are coming out and it's looking like a good 'un, although you might wanna wait for a sale if you're on a budget, as the first full playthrough i can find on youtube clocks in a little under 2 hours and 30 minutes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fortunately that what gamepass is there for

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Vermain posted:

amnesia: the bunker reviews are coming out and it's looking like a good 'un, although you might wanna wait for a sale if you're on a budget, as the first full playthrough i can find on youtube clocks in a little under 2 hours and 30 minutes

Yeah I was a bit concerned it was gonna be a small game given how they kept talking up replayability.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Montague Tigg posted:

okay actually finished it in about 2.5 hours, good game but not worth $20 imo

Thanks for this!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Vermain fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 5, 2023

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Vermain posted:

it's very much an anthology piece, like something you'd get in a short story collection. not a bad thing to have, but definitely feels like what gamepass was invented for

Did you really have to just immediately drop the ending like 15 minutes after reviews came out?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I can't believe that the ending to Amnesia the Bunker was when you found out that you were actually fighting space ww1 against aliens on the moon and the enemy that keeps popping up wasn't a metaphor, he just looks like that.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Vermain posted:

it's very much an anthology piece, like something you'd get in a short story collection. not a bad thing to have, but definitely feels like what gamepass was invented for

the mystery's also regrettably straightforwards:

you’re an rear end in a top hat

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Tolth posted:

Did you really have to just immediately drop the ending like 15 minutes after reviews came out?

Did the spoiler tags not indicate spoilers were there?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah no idea what anyone thinks would be under those tags.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Dienes posted:

Did the spoiler tags not indicate spoilers were there?

"The mystery is straightforward and nothing big happens" is an unreasonable spoiler to drop without tags 0 seconds after a game release, in a generalist thread, IMO.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It's tagged tho wtf

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I THINK they're saying that the non-spoiler'd text is a spoiler itself, but I could be misunderstanding. :kiddo:

Enemabag Jones posted:

Playing Decarnation, and first impressions are pretty good. As someone who turns 31 pretty soon, it really does capture the anxiety that comes with being a woman who's becoming "past-their-prime" and has to deal with the expectations that come with that. The art and animations are gorgeous across the board. Obviously the music slaps. It keeps a good balance of horror-fantasy and real-life panic.

I went in totally blind, so I dunno if it'll keep it up, but if you ever wanted to play a game version of the DyE Fantasy music video, it's pretty close.

This looks wild, I'm gonna check it out. It almost makes me think of Yuppie Psycho a bit, although I can't put my finger on why. Is the gameplay similar?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it's fine, my apologies for posting it. please go back to regular programming

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I was very shocked when Daniel, That Guy From Machine For Pigs, and Tasi emerged from a portal and said "We want to talk to you about the Amnesia Initiative."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
To be fair the amnesia devs have never been very good at preserving their twists.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I've been thinking about the SH2 remake and more than anything I just hope the actress who will play Angela knocks it out of the park. The staircase scene is an actors dream.

I hope my pc will be able to freakin' run the thing

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Read After Burning posted:

I THINK they're saying that the non-spoiler'd text is a spoiler itself, but I could be misunderstanding. :kiddo:

This looks wild, I'm gonna check it out. It almost makes me think of Yuppie Psycho a bit, although I can't put my finger on why. Is the gameplay similar?
The trailer reminded me of Yuppie Psycho when I saw it, which was pretty hype because I absolutely love that game, but there's not a lot of overlap in their play styles or tone. Decarnation is big on puzzles and reflex/rhythm without anything in the way of sneakin' and hidin' (so far). I guess bizarre 2D horror games are bound to have some visual similarities, I've also gotten heavy Ib and Yume Nikki vibes while playing.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
for anyone who hasn't tired of the "tiny protagonist in giant hostile world" subgenre yet, Bramble is on sale until the end of tomorrow and it's a fantastic entry. i think i prefer it to both the Little Nightmares games

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Bramble is definitely a better playing game than Little Nightmares which I feel loses itself when it tried to be explorative instead of Another World series of set pieces.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Read After Burning posted:

That is what I'm saying: the untagged portion was a significant spoiler that impacted the experience of playing the game. I wouldn't have objected if the entire thing were tagged but it's a classic case of goons rushing to post spoilers, only tagging the money shot, and accidentally soft spoiling a bunch of the game in the process. I don't want to know the nature of the game's mystery before I go in.

Vermain posted:

it's fine, my apologies for posting it. please go back to regular programming

Thank you.

Tolth fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jun 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/SerenityForge/status/1666116317944881155