Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Swilo posted:

it's out https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

Sounds like a bunch of nerfs to people cheesing endgame, but also Necros getting some buffs.

Barb completely gutted. It's not people cheesing endgame its using normal legendaries in their intended way lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
drat that's a big nerf to the necro crit skill.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Has anyone else had trouble findings some of their aspect dungeons? I know the location of the Dark Ravine dungeon in act 3 and have finished act 3 but when I go there there is no symbol on the map and no dungeon entrance. I know other people have been able to get to it so I'm stumped.

Edit: closing diablo & Bnet fixed it.

Raged fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jun 4, 2023

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
So not even "launch day" yet and already big knee-jerk balance changes...

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Swilo posted:

Sounds like a bunch of nerfs to people cheesing endgame, but also Necros getting some buffs.

Some of these nerfs are extremely concerning for a game 48h into early access. Some of these are massive massive nerfs to classes. Even the glyph changes look huge.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

How does multiplayer work with campaign progression if you’re at different parts

The quest states are set to the party leader. If you are all on the same state of a given quest then progress is logged for all characters. If you do a quest that you are not in synch with you get no progress.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

Zotix posted:

Some of these nerfs are extremely concerning for a game 48h into early access. Some of these are massive massive nerfs to classes. Even the glyph changes look huge.

66% nerfs to some glyphs is absolutely bonkers.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Swilo posted:

They did the triple nerf GGG special to the build I was using.

I've always hated how heavy-handed GGG goes with some of their nerfs but now I'm realizing that at least they have the decency to do it all at once right before a league starts rather than midway through. I get that this is early access and so on, but I'm literally in the middle of doing stuff with my character so it just feels kinda bad.

Kinda curious as to what blizz is planning here exactly. Because now some other builds are going to stand out. Nerfs all the way down?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

oh wow they are balancing stuff already? that seems pretty... hasty? even if things were OP i was thinking they would just leave it up for couple of weeks while buffing other classes

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Cheap gamers thank you all again for your service beta testing the game for us, see ya Tuesday!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Does anyone know if Story bosses can be fought again?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So glad the glyph I spent all day leveling up in nightmare dungeons just got 66% nerfed because the development team did zero testing over the past 8 months. Holy poo poo.

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
Anyone know of a website with the world boss timers? The one I was using on the server slam isn't updated. (Did Wandering Death earlier today, was sweet.)

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

GGG at least usually lets wild poo poo run free for 3 months,instead of doing instant day 2 nerfs..

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

This is a preview of Blizzard's future approach to balancing this game. If you can get an endgame build up and running in 2 days, then you're not sticking around long enough to buy all the battlepass content, and you gotta keep the lights on somehow!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Finished the game. That cinematic was so good. One long hosed up divorce court proceeding.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Requested to join Cathedral of Goons. I hit the end-game this morning on Barbarian. It's pretty good. Lots of stuff to do. Then Blizzard hosed over my whirlwind build after two days. Feels bad.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

mbt posted:

Barb completely gutted. It's not people cheesing endgame its using normal legendaries in their intended way lol

Good. The meta Barb build is intensely stupid and boring. If holding down right-click for an entire dungeon while using an AutoHotKey script to spam 3 shouts on cooldown is ever above C-tier, then it needs to be nerfed.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Well I'm glad I've not invested anything in an end game build yet. Was thinking about arc lash sorc but I have no idea what this will have done to its viability

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

They should make respecing free if they're gonna do this poo poo every week

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

Magitek posted:

Good. The meta Barb build is intensely stupid and boring. If holding down right-click for an entire dungeon while using an AutoHotKey script to spam 3 shouts on cooldown is ever above C-tier, then it needs to be nerfed.

Since a huge part of the nerfs was the glyph nerf, a lot of viable lesser builds got hit in the crossfire.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Seems like a “everyone is leveling too fast” nerf to me.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Does anyone know if Story bosses can be fought again?
If you're in a party where the host's character didn't skip the campaign and hasn't done those story bosses yet, yes.

I'm into T3 but helped someone out with the Elias fight earlier tonight, for example. Even got the cinematic again, which can be skipped without affecting other players.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

gently caress me.

I was expecting 'pretty good' or 'good', that was exceptional.

Art (god drat), music (god drat), sounds (god drat) all phenomenal.

Technically flawless on my end, a bare handful of trivial bugs, exceptional performance running everything cranked.

Gameplay was extremely enjoyable throughout and I've barely even scratched the surface of possible builds, much less classes.

And it's loving massive, this may be the biggest game of this type I've seen in a launch state.

And the story! Pathos, in my Diablo characters?

And the setup for seasons and expansions. Yeah.

What a game.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Astryl posted:

Seems kinda weird to hold an official race to 100 then nerf everyone who's participating after 2 days. If you consider going fast to be bad then maybe a race isn't the way to go.

Feel sorry for anyone who decided to try for that and has to totally change their build. Is there even an alternative barb build?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Chalks posted:

Seems kinda weird to hold an official race to 100 then nerf everyone who's participating after 2 days. If you consider going fast to be bad then maybe a race isn't the way to go.

Feel sorry for anyone who decided to try for that and has to totally change their build. Is there even an alternative barb build?

Alternatively, nerf people now to avoid everyone who didn’t preorder crying.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Astryl posted:

Alternatively, nerf people now to avoid everyone who didn’t preorder crying.

Yeah, better now than later after even more time has been invested too, but poo poo, everyone knew about the whirlwind issue before launch but the lead designer or whatever was on Twitter saying the server slam build was going to be the release build with very few changes. Literally just saying "there will be some nerfs to over powered builds soon" a couple of days ago would have taken the edge off this a lot.

Not a fan of how it was handled regardless of how necessary it was.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

victrix posted:

gently caress me.

I was expecting 'pretty good' or 'good', that was exceptional.

Art (god drat), music (god drat), sounds (god drat) all phenomenal.
This is the first game in like a decade I haven't turned the music off to substitute my own playlists etc

Now, granted, after finiahing the campaign, I've turned the in-game audio down a bit so I can run podcasts in the background because the soundbar I'm using handles compression. But the music's still on.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

exquisite tea posted:

This is a preview of Blizzard's future approach to balancing this game. If you can get an endgame build up and running in 2 days, then you're not sticking around long enough to buy all the battlepass content, and you gotta keep the lights on somehow!

Astryl posted:

:emptyquote:

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

...and then we halved it!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Rogue survives with some buffs and only a minor nerf to Dark Shroud and Dash

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

They should continue nerfing shouts until they are deleted from the game and replaced with skills that are actually fun and interesting to use.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember
Not really surprised whirlwind barb got absolutely stomped, but holy poo poo saying “no significant balance changes” then rolling this poo poo out a few days later. The build was already figured out and there were videos of it!

Also these mother fuckers are shipping patches after 9pm on a Saturday.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
all the meta zombies are now furiously F5'ing maxroll to see which build they should hop on next

me, a sorc who has started working on his endgame fireball build: focused. flourishing. in my lane.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

People looking up builds instead of just experimenting and having fun for a 2 day old game are legit loving weird

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

People looking up builds instead of just experimenting and having fun for a 2 day old game are legit loving weird

I’m pretty convinced this whole build guide thing is a product of path of exile trauma where it’s possible to spend all your points and have a character that doesn’t do anything.

Literally buy some skills that do the same thing, and don’t over invest on passive skills early. Consider respecting when you get legendary items. There you go build guide complete for all five classes.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Jaytan posted:

I’m pretty convinced this whole build guide thing is a product of path of exile trauma where it’s possible to spend all your points and have a character that doesn’t do anything.

Literally buy some skills that do the same thing, and don’t over invest on passive skills early. Consider respecting when you get legendary items. There you go build guide complete for all five classes.

eh every game is kind of like that these days and d2 and d3 were both heavily build-guide driven. hell 2 and 3 had the build guide sites years before poe had a vaguely decent way to find builds.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FFT posted:

If you're in a party where the host's character didn't skip the campaign and hasn't done those story bosses yet, yes.

I'm into T3 but helped someone out with the Elias fight earlier tonight, for example. Even got the cinematic again, which can be skipped without affecting other players.

Here is hoping future content will allow them to be fought outside the campaign.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Here is hoping future content will allow them to be fought outside the campaign.
I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't eventually become deliberate in design to lean into the multiplayer aspect.

Especially with the early "it's going to be easier to start over than to respec" things they were saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Zotix posted:

I'm not mad about it but wow I didn't even get to play my Sorc for 2 days before they already nerfed it. I'm not following some weird build guide or making Youtube videos in a reddit dungeon, let me smash monsters for a month then you can Change The Meta or whatever.